Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
To absolutely nobody's surprise, they cut a lot of the battle/chase portion for fluff with Hestia. Honestly, if they wanted to do that they probably should have just ended the episode with the chase starting instead of trying to compress the first half like that.

Notable Differences:
1. Bell originally flashbacked to the Minotaur when he saw the Silverback.
2. Instead of just the Silverback, various monsters were released all over the city, prompting Ganesha to swallow his pride and ask for help to subdue them. The guild and Loki also get involved. This part might show up at the beginning of the next episode?
3. Instead of running straight to Daedalus, Bell and the Silverback have a brief fight in the city. It goes about as well for him as you'd expect, but he pulls a trick with the monster's chain to stun it long enough for them to run. This, incidentally, is where Bell and Hestia notice that the Silverback is chasing Hestia in particular.
4. They spend a decent amount of time running through Daedalus before the monster catches up again. Like, they actually try and lose it.
5. There's more running after that, with Bell basically having a nervous breakdown over how useless he is. He eventually decides that he doesn't need to protect Hestia; it's enough to ensure she survives.
6. The conversation between Bell and Hestia is longer and a bit more respectful. It also goes into Bell's backstory, but again that might show up next episode.

I kind of assumed they were going to try and make it to the end of volume 2, but if they're cutting this many corners they might be trying to make it to the end of volume 3. Which is a shame, I actually kind of like Danmachi and wanted to see a solid adaption.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I imagine that's just a teaser for fans of the series. Like how the Persona 4 anime had the entire crew show up for the first opening, even though Naoto couldn't possibly join that fast.

Though if they actually do try to squeeze five volumes into one cour, that'll be hilarious enough that I'll watch it anyway.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah there is literally no excuse for Hestia not just handing the knife over but drama. Bell and Hestia are pretty :downs: about a lot of things.

(spoilers for the next arc) Huh, my knife went missing. Oh, there it is, in the hands of my new party member! She must have found it for me! :downs:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The only thing with less content than that post is Hestia's outfit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well what would you come up with if your figure was so unrealistic that there's no bras in your size? :colbert:

Also shortstack are great.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Most of the other races show up on Ais' side of the story.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They kind of changed up that conversation Bell had with the swordsmen at the end in a weird way. There was a lot more emphasis on the "supporters are trash and we should just take their earnings" while the "dude do you even know you're being tricked?" bit was shranken down to some oddly phrased dialogue.

I feel like whenever they get to the end of an episode they just try to accelerate forward as much as they can, even if it means cutting out a ton of stuff. It's a weird choice.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well the thing is he was supposed to start with the second thing, and then segue into a rant on supporters.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

darkgray posted:

What's a bit worrying is that someone's seen episode titles for eps 7-8-9, and they indicate that vol 4 is adapted with episode 9, which means they're covering the entire third volume (regarded by many as the best in the series) with just two episodes.

I hope they at least do it well.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

For the most part they've just been rushing through everything since they have so much ground to cover. It's not a huge mark against it, but it's a pretty different experience from the LNs where there's a lot more time to breath.

They did totally mess up one of the main roles of Supporters though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This fight is why I decided I liked Danmachi.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Lily has a ton of experience, she just can't update her stats because she broke ties with her familia.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sorry, but we're a long way off till the days of stat bean plantations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Danmachi is basically the story of the people in the general world, while Sword Oratoria is the scene on the frontlines. They're both pretty nice in my opinion.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

She's level 3.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

In my defense, they're right next to each other on a keyboard. :downs:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I dunno, he was literally traumatized by minotaurs for a while. Even now he still kind of freaks out when he sees one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I pretty much see Hestia as a smothering maternal figure whose sense is about equivalent to how many cents she has.

Like, she bought perfume in a dungeon.

• Locked thread