Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Just wanted a quick and dirty thread for the terrible MOBA called Infinite Crisis - took this from Saint Freak's older OP (thanks!)

Infinite Crisis is a free-to-play MOBA developed by Turbine and published by Warner Brothers. It is currently in released on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/345520/.

It is largely similar to other games in this terrible genre; each match has two teams of five players taking to a battle field attempting to beat each other senseless while buying items, putting points into skills, and taking objectives. Except slightly cooler because in this case they are all DC licensed characters. Not only are there all your regular characters like Batman and Superman, but there's also alternate universe versions of the characters, like a kryptonian AI that came to earth and took over a combine harvester and became gundam Superman, or a post-apocalyptic chainsaw-wielding Wonder Woman. And Superdog!

There are currently one map; a two-lane map. The format is 1 top, 2 bottom and 2 junglers

A free selection of characters are available for you to pick from (which cycle over time) or you can permanently unlock characters through in-game currency or real life dollars.

PLUS YOU

The Universes
There are currently six universes that Infinite Crisis pulls from:

Prime Universe : Earth-0, the regular-rear end universe
Arcane Universe : Earth-13, the everyone-is-a-wizard-for-some-reason universe
Atomic Universe : Earth-17, the Fallout universe
Gaslight Universe : Earth-19, the steampunk universe
Nightmare Universe : Earth-43, the grimdark horror unspeakable evils universe
Mecha Universe : Earth-44, the gundam/transformers universe

The Characters
Champions in Infinite Crisis are generally typed into one of six roles.

Free Heroes:
Gaslight Batman
Doomsday
Green Lantern
Harlequin
Batman (Dark Knight)
Joker
Wonder Woman

Assassins : Melee carries
Atomic Wonder Woman
The Flash
Gaslight Catwoman
Nightmare Batman

Blasters : Massive spell damage characters
Catwoman
Green Lantern
The Joker
Star Sapphire
Sinestro

Bruisers : Beefy melee dudes
Aquaman
Atomic Green Lantern
Batman
Doomsday
Gaslight Joker
Katana
Nightmare Batman
Superman
Supergurl

Controllers : Supports; healers and crowd-controllers
Arcane Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Nightmare Superman
Poison Ivy
Robin
Zatanna
Super Dawg

Enforcers : Tank characters with some crowd-control to make them a threat
Atomic Poison Ivy
Mecha Superman
Shazam
Wonder Woman
Swamp Thing
Atrocious

Marksmen : Ranged carries
Atomic Joker
Blue Beetle
Cyborg
Gaslight Batman
Green Arrow
Mecha Wonder Woman

Free Stuff:
Sinestro
http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-infinite-crisis-free-fearsome-tyrant-sinestro-giveaway-873.html

Poison Ivy
http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/infinite-crisis-poison-ivy-skin-giveaway/

Edit: KelpPlankton's most important information of Infinite Crisis:

Emotes:

/dance
/taunt
/laugh
/joke
/oath (Lantern-related characters only)

(plz shame him)

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just want to let it be known that I've never actually played this game yet. Good OP though, Krypto is a good character to add, enjoy your bad MOBA

Register using my referral link and I'll get a bunch of bonuses or something

https://account.infinitecrisis.com/en/registration?utm_source=53cb9a8d-7be5-e011-be58-a4badb16cbf9&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=IC_RAF

edit: originally i said i would only play if 150 people used my referral link but im too curious about weird mobas and someone sent me $100 of game currency so i'll probably try it out now at least

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 29, 2015

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

In a bit more serious tone, I've been having a blast with the game so far. The small quality of life improvements though have really makes IC engaging for me - buy gear near your own tower, clear skill recommendations, and an in-game tutorial from the Justice League explaining gameplay concepts. The motion comics that give story to the universe are welcome additions as well.

Plus the graphics are great and it's a DC animated universe style game and the game is incredibly cheap to get into (both time and money wise).

For folks who want to try new things based on an the classic DC IP that they enjoy, Infinite Crisis is a game I'd heartily recommend.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I'm just getting into this and it seems fun. There are little bits of Smite and DotA and LoL all chopped up into it and it seems to work! It's a little bit more forgiving in terms of big things like last hitting (still a thing, but you'll have a chance to get a smaller amount of gold off the kill regardless) and little things like judging tower ranges. Also, not having to recall just to shop when you don't really need to rest is super neat.

If you're one of those people who enjoy mobas in theory but tend to find them a little bit overwhelming I think it might be worth a shot!

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
As a league of legends clone, what does this game offer?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

khrits posted:

As a league of legends clone, what does this game offer?

As an ex-League players, I've been impressed with the dev team's interest in experimenting with the tried and true genre standards. Remember that the game started off as an awful LoL Dominion clone, and they've basically created a version of map into a more standard turrets and objectives map.

That map Coast City is a 2 lane map with a huge jungle and lots of interesting things hidden in the fog of war. You have three capture objectives which help you spawn superminions and Doomsday superweapon that can be aimed at your opponent.

The action is usually pretty frantic, lanes are short and you get to the fun part of dunking enemy superheroes much much sooner than in LoL.

I like the last hit and deny system as well. Basically if you fail to last hit, you can still collect gold drops. If your opponents fail to last hit, you collect silver drops to deny them of that extra gold and gain some for yourself. Laning becomes a lot more fun and a bit less passive.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's fun, I suppose. The character pool is kind of bizarre, but I do really like what they did with the Dominion-style map.

One thing I dislike is that it's a bit difficult at first to tell whether a character is the base character with a skin or one of the variants which are often completely different types of characters.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 29, 2015

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

If you've played mobas before there won't be any surprises. One of the few draws for me is that I can easily identify the characters, so it ends up being a little simpler to pickup than something like League.

You can also get 50$ of ingame currency via ebay and sites like that at the moment for about 5$. There was/is a geforce promotion that included a 50$ code for IC. By buying only during the sales I've managed to get a pretty big chunk of the characters and still have about 15$ of whalebucks left.

Note that you can only apply one of the codes per IC account, and they need to be redeemed first on the geforce promo site, then the IC code gets emailed to you. http://www.geforce.com/fall2014-free-to-play-bundle/redeem-code

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Looks like the free hero codes are running low: get yours before they all run out:

http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-infinite-crisis-free-fearsome-tyrant-sinestro-giveaway-873.html

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 30, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blorknorg posted:

Note that you can only apply one of the codes per IC account, and they need to be redeemed first on the geforce promo site, then the IC code gets emailed to you. http://www.geforce.com/fall2014-free-to-play-bundle/redeem-code

I was sent two of these codes earlier today (who did this? reveal yourself) and while you can only redeem one per IP address(and email) on the geforce site, you can redeem multiples of what the site gives you to your Infinite Crisis account. You have to redeem the Geforce codes from different IPs, I just used my desktop PC and then my phone's web browser after disconnecting it from wifi. I redeemed two so now I have $100 worth of the currency stuff without problem.

The game seems to give you a lot of characters for free, is there a "don't buy these because you will be awarded them by playing" list?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

also this Doomsday costume owns

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

I was sent two of these codes earlier today (who did this? reveal yourself) and while you can only redeem one per IP address(and email) on the geforce site, you can redeem multiples of what the site gives you to your Infinite Crisis account. You have to redeem the Geforce codes from different IPs, I just used my desktop PC and then my phone's web browser after disconnecting it from wifi. I redeemed two so now I have $100 worth of the currency stuff without problem.

The game seems to give you a lot of characters for free, is there a "don't buy these because you will be awarded them by playing" list?

You actually can't buy any of the ones you're given for free.

The list includes these 7:

Batman
Gaslight Batman
Wonderwoman
Doomsday (<3)
Green Lantern
Joker
Harlequin

The 30$ Steam pack gets you 33 heroes that aren't on this list if folks are wondering.

^^^ Totally getting that :v:

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Steam version completely freezes my computer when loading the 2nd tutorial, 1st one works fine

0/10

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Because I love datamining to ruin future announcements in every game, here's all the heroes I am told were datamined or otherwise revealed to be coming:

Deathstroke
Deadshot
Arcane Zatanna
Solomon Grundy
Lex Luthor
Ravager
Wonder Girl
Scarecrow
Vixen
Raven
Nightwing
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Batgirl
Huntress
Darkseid
Dex-Starr
Constantine
Zod
Power Girl
Gorilla Grodd
Starfire
Bizarro
Black Adam
Dr. Fate
Mecha Deathstroke
Martian Manhunter
Brainiac

This list also had Hawk Girl, Arcane Supergirl, Stargirl, Starro, Swamp Thing, Katana, and Krypto on it so people are saying it's supposed to be pretty accurate.

Looks like they're taking the "too many weird alternate versions" complaint to heart and working on more iconic characters before doing more of those.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
For those codes on eBay, has anyone found one that sends the code electronically? It seems like the ones I've found are only snail mail.

Edit: Never mind, found one.

HotBobaloo fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 30, 2015

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

HotBobaloo posted:

For those codes on eBay, has anyone found one that sends the code electronically? It seems like the ones I've found are only snail mail.

Edit: Never mind, found one.

Where?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

G2A has some:
https://www.g2a.com/infinite-crisis-5000-crisis-coins-code-global.html

I'm sure more sellers will come out of the woodwork if the demand is higher - the same thing happened for Marvel Heroes.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Tezzeract posted:

G2A has some:
https://www.g2a.com/infinite-crisis-5000-crisis-coins-code-global.html

I'm sure more sellers will come out of the woodwork if the demand is higher - the same thing happened for Marvel Heroes.

This is where I got mine, took 5 minutes to get the code from them, went to Nvidia site, worked like a charm.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

While I am having fun playing Infinite Crisis, I've been told that KelpPlankton is shirking his duties as glorious leader of Groot Force. I'm saving up funbux for Atrocitus, he is p funhaving.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Percelus posted:

While I am having fun playing Infinite Crisis, I've been told that KelpPlankton is shirking his duties as glorious leader of Groot Force. I'm saving up funbux for Atrocitus, he is p funhaving.

A true leader delegates all responsibilities to those beneath him in the command chain.

Plus I'm pretty busy with my last semester of college, animation has a heavy workload.

I spent two hours on the Infinite Crisis tutorial that should have been spent on homework.

The tutorial is really long and boring. Supergirl, Atomic WW, and Harley Quinn are all pretty fun to play as though.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Not enough Kelp-shaming in this thread, misleading thread title

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
Did the tutorial, and there's definitely some things I like about it. The rate I'm earning the currency, whatever it's called, feels fast enough that I could save up for a champion and it wouldn't take weeks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tezzeract posted:

Just wanted a quick and dirty thread for the terrible MOBA called Infinite Crisis - took this from Saint Freak's older OP (thanks!)

Yeah, some of the places I was pulling information and pictures from on their website just like...stopped updating for awhile(?) so I let it get away from me. Looking at their wallpapers it looks like they skipped a bunch of dudes around Supergirl or so and just never went back and caught up.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

I'm a little amazed at how retarded pubbies are. I've seen multiple trilane attempts and other things that just don't work. My understanding is the optimal laning setup is solo top, duo bottom and 2 junglers in the Coast City map. The jungle has enough camps for one person to rotate top, another bottom and together they take on map objectives early game like relays and the raider.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

no booster gold?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

http://www.infinitefire.net/arkham-joker-giveaway

Joker's Arkham Origins costume for free, if there's still codes left

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really like comic book but know gently caress all about MOBAs. Is this game for me? Please answer in the form of a limerick.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nevermind I saw the game had krypto and instantly installed

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Why does this game still have bad input lag and have they said anything about it in the last uh however long since its been publicly playable

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Blockhouse posted:

nevermind I saw the game had krypto and instantly installed

You can make him dance with /dance He struts like the kryptonian pimpdawg he is.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

you should add to the OP this very important information

Emotes:

/dance
/taunt
/laugh
/joke

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

you should add to the OP this very important information

Emotes:

/dance
/taunt
/laugh
/joke

They should add :boom:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

I finally played a match with two junglers. The other one ended up complaining and didn't know where half the camps were so ended up sticking around the middle and getting no farm v:shobon:v he ended 0/7/5

ruarc
Oct 22, 2008

what
The link for the Poison Ivy skin doesn't work but this one does: http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/infinite-crisis-poison-ivy-skin-giveaway/

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Here's a tier list :v:

Ranking goes from S-C, S being highest and C being lowest.

Assassins: S: Gaslight Catwoman A: Atomic WonderWoman, Night Robin B: Flash C: Batman

Blasters: S: Sinestro, Joker A: Catwoman, Arcane Supergirl B: Star Sapphire, Stargirl C: Green Lantern

Bruisers: S: Supergirl A: Katana, Superman B: Aquaman, Hawkgirl, DD C: Robin, Nightmare Batman

Enforcers: S: Wonder Woman A: Atomic Green Lantern, Arcane GL, Atrocious, Shazam B: Swamp Thing, API, Mecha Superman C: Gaslight Joker

Marksmen: S: Mecha WonderWoman A: Atomic Joker, Cyborg, Gaslight Batman B: Blue Beetle C: Green Arrow

Controllers: S: Zatanna, Harley A: Starro, Nightmare Superman B: Poison Ivy

ruarc posted:

The link for the Poison Ivy skin doesn't work but this one does: http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/infinite-crisis-poison-ivy-skin-giveaway/

Added to OP.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 31, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Supposed to be some new character reveal today on a livestream, smart money is betting on Lex Luthor because he's one of the Steam cards but isn't in the game yet.

Alternately it'll be an April Fools reveal and we're getting Green Lantern Booster Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Zahj8bC3I

Edit: Also, has anyone gotten high enough level to describe the meta-progression stuff yet? There's a lot of Stolen Power variants to unlock and what looks like stuff to boost your character stats that you can earn but I don't really get how that all works or how much it matters. I'm guessing a lot, knowing the genre.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 31, 2015

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if anyone wants to stack add me, ingame name is jazzcigarette

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lex Luthor reveal going on over here http://www.twitch.tv/infinitecrisis

edit: he has an emote where he makes it rain. cash money yall

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Lex Luthor reveal going on over here http://www.twitch.tv/infinitecrisis

edit: he has an emote where he makes it rain. cash money yall

I totally didn't think you'd actually get sucked into this game. Unless you were secretly playing it all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

kojicolnair posted:

I totally didn't think you'd actually get sucked into this game. Unless you were secretly playing it all along.

I've only played like two matches post-tutorial so I wouldn't say I'm sucked in yet. But I'm kind of interested in seeing which I can learn first, how to play the game or how to hate it.

If you put superheroes in it I will probably play just about anything to be totally honest.

• Locked thread