Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kelp Plankton posted:

If you put superheroes in it I will probably play just about anything to be totally honest.
:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Unless Batman is bottom tier. What is that poo poo?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

bonds0097 posted:

Unless Batman is bottom tier. What is that poo poo?

Batman is stupid

Everyone knows the cool one is Atomic Batman

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Lex Luthor: make it rain baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9nv1XGmOiU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Also there's a giveaway for the steam 10$ and 30$ packs. Sign up and get a shot at winning some good stuff!

http://www.pcgamer.com/infinite-crisis-giveaway-key-win/

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If anyone was curious, the Infinite Crisis: Battle for the Multiverse comic based on this game is pretty mediocre. It has some alt versions of heroes that aren't in the game yet in it though, like Atomic Bane, Gaslight Luthor, Pulp Dr. Fate, Arcane Zod, etc. Kind of reminds me of Exiles but less interesting because they're only really dealing with three or four of the same worlds over and over.

Not everything can be Injustice I guess

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Gotham Heights is back.

Also new free heroes list for this week: Gaslight-Catwoman, Green Arrow, Robin, Shazam, Stargirl, and Starro

50% Discount on

Champs : Super Girl, Star Sapphire, Atrocious.
Skins : Classic Star, Vengeful Katana, and Gangster Joker.

Great way to spend the 50$ Nvidia credits.

Edit:

Gotham Heights is terrible. Had a 5 min win, but there are no creeps at all. You basically just go there to teamfight and test your heroes for the better modes.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 2, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Isn't Gotham Heights a point-capture mode? I remember people complaining about it being the only map when the beta first started.

also heres a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHhN9K7uddA

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Not sure why anyone would want to play a 1v1 mode, but apparently we're having one this weekend

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/news/special-weekend-event-duels-crime-alley

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Tezzeract posted:

Not sure why anyone would want to play a 1v1 mode, but apparently we're having one this weekend

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/news/special-weekend-event-duels-crime-alley

if there wasn't a 1v1 how would autists bitching at each other prove who is the least terrible

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

dead game. seriously they need a public service announcement for the retards trying it out explaining not to trilane bottom cause shits getting old

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

New Sales:

Gaslight Catwoman
Atomic Wonderwoman
Robin

Nice set on the free hero rotation also. Looking forward to trying out Nightmare Bats/Robin. Arcane Lantern was neat too.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

if there wasn't a 1v1 how would autists bitching at each other prove who is the least terrible

"It's just a game." Proceeds to die five times in a row.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
I was going to post that I actually kind of like this game but it seems not many others care for it here. Guess I should add some actual content. Here's what we've got for the current week:

Free rotation
    Aquaman
    Cyborg
    Atomic Green Lantern
    Arcane Supergirl
    Atomic Wonder Woman
    Nightmare Batman

Costumes on sale:
    "Desert Armor" Batman, because you want more military realism in your superhero game
    "SoCal" Green Lantern, because you want to strike fear in the hearts of nerds everywhere.
    "Fearsome Tyrant" Sinestro, because you just watched 300 for the (n*30)th time, got this for free with a code listed in the OP (thanks), don't know if it still exists

Champions on Sale (for real money)
    Atomic Joker
    Hawkgirl
    Sinestro

New costume: "Crimson Lord" for Nightmare Batman, in case you prefer looking more like Bruce instead of Manbat.

New servers being tested out for those in South America

Ranked matches and the long-awaited Lex Luthor going live next week, maybe.

Kleptobot fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 26, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kleptobot posted:

I was going to post that I actually kind of like this game but it seems not many others care for it here. Guess I should add some actual content. Here's what we've got for the current week:

It's not outright terrible, it just doesn't really offer anything noteworthy compared to other games in the genre. It does a few minor things differently, but nothing exciting or interesting.

And the artstyle is way too close to LoL so it has trouble setting itself apart in terms of screenshots and footage.

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't pulled more people in just based on the DC Comics licence, but people who want to play as their favorite character are going to have a hard time in a game where teams need pretty specific roles covered in their composition. When you can't play Batman (or whoever your choice is) because someone else on the team is playing another character in that same role it kind of sucks. That doesn't matter as much in other MOBAs because there's always someone else who you can play instead, but in a game based around "play as your favorite DC characters!" it sucks a lot more for casual players, who will just quit instead of trying to get deeper into the game.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
I can't speak for others but I've been digging it thanks to the DCU characters, encouraged me to stay longer where other MOBAs didn't.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
finally got around to seriously playing this making it the first MOBA I've played. ever.

a cyborg kept teleporting right in front of me and one shotting me

please help

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Literal teleport or hiding off the path and jumping in to steal a kill from someone? What character were you using?

Apparently Lex Luthor has been released for real now, voiced by none other than Steve Blum. I swear the guy made a pact with Satan that he has to voice at least one character in every video game and cartoon known to man lest he have a sudden heart attack and then be dragged down to hell.

Currently a Twitch stream going on here for some monthly tourney for those who feel like watching.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The next toon is Solomon Grundy

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/news/champion-unmasked-solomon-grundy

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The DC comic book universe has like seven decades of characters to choose from for their DotA-like and they decided to put three separate Supermen in their game lmfao

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Apparently the devs leaked a few of the upcoming Champions, with a caveat that they are still under development. The list includes Dex-Starr, Deathstroke, Nightmare Catwoman, Solomon Grundy and Zod. With Grundy out at least that's one from the list.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Everything is free for this weekend only! All champions and costumes unlocked until the morning of May 26th! Give it a shot!

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Any Goons still playing this game?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ussr posted:

Any Goons still playing this game?

Not for much longer!

The game is being shut down!

R I P

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Hmm, are we still allowed to shame you?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Geez, it lasted 2 months out of beta or less?

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
Wow that was quick, I didn't expect them to shut it down already. I guess it's been going a long time in beta though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ahundredbux posted:

Hmm, are we still allowed to shame you?

People did it before this game, they'll do it after. The shame don't stop.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
With all the plans for future characters someone must have brought the axe down real fast

I think the saddest thing is that the post is written by Anonymous

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Every character who was leaked or datamined and never released:

Deathstroke
Deadshot
Arcane Zatanna
Ravager
Wonder Girl
Scarecrow
Vixen
Raven
Nightwing
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Batgirl
Huntress
Darkseid
Dex-Starr
Constantine
Zod
Power Girl
Gorilla Grodd
Starfire
Bizarro
Black Adam
Dr. Fate
Mecha Deathstroke
Martian Manhunter
Brainiac

They were constantly saying that Deathstroke was coming soon, also, so they were still working on these.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Don't forget to read the official thread for amazing responses! https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forums/showthread.php?21524-Infinite-Crisis-Closes-August-14th-2015

quote:

As i write this mu hands are shaking, i seriously can't take this..

My first MOBA and i just can't swallow this ... i had dreams about one day joining the IC team, as if it wasn't obvious amirite? But things happen and i can't with this, not now. I was seriously worried about the game this week and the game's final days never crossed my mind. This is so freaking sad and if i feel better later, i'll write more on how i feel about this... right now i seriously cant

quote:

My feels are hurt on so many levels; My inner world utterly destroyed as Superman's home planet Krypton; my heart had the same fate as Batman's back at the hands of Bane: BROKEN and so on and so forth. I'll copy-paste what I posted on Steam:

"WHAT???? ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME??? Tell me this is just some cruel and late April Fool's Joke, a bad nightmare.... Q.Q :''(

I'll go from denial to anger to grief to acceptance and back again.. but mostly denial.. and grief

P.S. Could we could at least one final "leak"? As in which characters where about to come in the game and which not. I mean the full list

quote:

The decision of cowards. Shame on you. Only cowards lowered their hands, instead of listening to the wishes of the community. Right now you want to do final wrong decision? Huh! I know......we know that you still can do this game the best moba. Just try one last time but this time do it right and listen community.

quote:

Time to take my beloved Atomic Ivy for a couple of final dances...

Poor girl i would have loved to see a second Costume for you.

My condolences to everyone who played and developed this game.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Figures, the one time I actually like a MOBA enough to spend $10 of real money on it and it only has a shelf life of about five months. Well, at least it'll be free until August. That's something.

Namen
Mar 23, 2004
BEES! BEES IN THE CAR! BEES EVERYWHERE!
I worked on this game for roughly two years, give or take.

I really wish we could have released the intermediate bots I worked on, but sadly I left Turbine before they were really finished.

A shame. They were really great at objective control on Coast City, and would wombo your team really hard :P

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ok now it's time for goons to admit how much money they managed to sink into it in 2 months, any takers?

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

Namen posted:

I worked on this game for roughly two years, give or take.

I really wish we could have released the intermediate bots I worked on, but sadly I left Turbine before they were really finished.

A shame. They were really great at objective control on Coast City, and would wombo your team really hard :P

GOD DAMMIT JASON! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON ACCOUNTING!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Palpek posted:

Ok now it's time for goons to admit how much money they managed to sink into it in 2 months, any takers?

$318,020 USD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
God damnit Turbine.

• Locked thread