Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
and while you're kickin' it and having a good time together, all of a sudden you think "what if this guy is a rapist?"

this happens to me all the fuckin time. i try to push the thought out of my brain because it's hard to keep thinking it and still have a good conversation, even just a pleasant one i guess, but i mean, i just met this guy. he seems cool and i could see us being pals, heck, even the type of pals who go on vacations with each others' families (not big ones like visiting australia but like a little camping trip maybe etc.) but back in college i learned about things called statistics that basically says some people are just gonna be rapists, no ifs ands or buts, so how can you just assume that everyone YOU make friends with isn't one of those people? what if as soon as we friend each other on facebook so we can get together later in the week and jam and we bid each other a good night and leave the bar, he goes to the alley behind the supermarket and just starts raping? and then next time i see him he's just banging away on a djembe drum talking about how we really found a good groove but really he's just thinking about raping again. how can i ever be sure? can we ever really know anybody? it's heady poo poo but i think it's stuff we gotta consider sometimes.

what stuff sometimes makes you nervous or uncomfortable when you're meeting new people? only serious replies please because i think we need a place to discuss this stuff because it's real stuff, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Only peaceful rape. Like if she's passed out on drugs.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

and while you're kickin' it and having a good time together, all of a sudden you think "what if this guy is a rapist?"

this happens to me all the fuckin time. i try to push the thought out of my brain because it's hard to keep thinking it and still have a good conversation, even just a pleasant one i guess, but i mean, i just met this guy. he seems cool and i could see us being pals, heck, even the type of pals who go on vacations with each others' families (not big ones like visiting australia but like a little camping trip maybe etc.) but back in college i learned about things called statistics that basically says some people are just gonna be rapists, no ifs ands or buts, so how can you just assume that everyone YOU make friends with isn't one of those people? what if as soon as we friend each other on facebook so we can get together later in the week and jam and we bid each other a good night and leave the bar, he goes to the alley behind the supermarket and just starts raping? and then next time i see him he's just banging away on a djembe drum talking about how we really found a good groove but really he's just thinking about raping again. how can i ever be sure? can we ever really know anybody? it's heady poo poo but i think it's stuff we gotta consider sometimes.

what stuff sometimes makes you nervous or uncomfortable when you're meeting new people? only serious replies please because i think we need a place to discuss this stuff because it's real stuff, man.

i think you need to talk to someone more qualified than GBS.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

100% of people are guaranteed to be raped at least 12 times in their lives.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

yo op I met someone that, when she brought new people over, she would come up with some excuse to take their picture with her laptop so if they turned out to be an ax murderer the image would be in the aether. she was really cool and effortless about it and i admired it as such

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

OP, are you scared you might rape someone?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

yo op I met someone that, when she brought new people over, she would come up with some excuse to take their picture with her laptop so if they turned out to be an ax murderer the image would be in the aether. she was really cool and effortless about it and i admired it as such

clever girl

I.C. posted:

OP, are you scared you might rape someone?

no, just that a seemingly chill dude will turn out to be a raper of others. like i guess he could be a murderer too but rape seems more hosed up to me psychologically that murder i guess. like i found out someone i knew did a murder i'd be like "huh that's hosed up" but if i found out they did rapes i'd be like "drat that's hosed up" and there's a big difference between the two reactions. even worse i guess is stuff with kids but i think my mind won't even let me consider poo poo that dark because it's trying to save itself from that awful yucky feeling it would bring up, like the ones you get when you read go back and aatrek posts about that little girl from kick-rear end

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gatekeeper let's get drunk I "promise" I "won't" rape you

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

You think rape is worse than murder?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Blue Train posted:

gatekeeper let's get drunk I "promise" I "won't" rape you

see, this is actually a good example. you're the dude who asked me to paint eric dorner, mumia abu jamal, and ice-t standing on the mountain of dead cops with the "bring back lf" banner, right? that alone fits most of my criteria of "dude i'd probably get along with" but who knows what terrible things you've done

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

clever girl

no, just that a seemingly chill dude will turn out to be a raper of others. like i guess he could be a murderer too but rape seems more hosed up to me psychologically that murder i guess. like i found out someone i knew did a murder i'd be like "huh that's hosed up" but if i found out they did rapes i'd be like "drat that's hosed up" and there's a big difference between the two reactions. even worse i guess is stuff with kids but i think my mind won't even let me consider poo poo that dark because it's trying to save itself from that awful yucky feeling it would bring up, like the ones you get when you read go back and aatrek posts about that little girl from kick-rear end

dude. you need help

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I don't mean to be antagonistic. People do terrible things, and no one knows why. Probably terrible things happened to you and people you know.
It's important to be nice is my point.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

no worries bud, i think its good to have honest frank discussions about our thoughts and fears sometimes

I.C. posted:

You think rape is worse than murder?

i didn't say worse, just spookier. its like a murder where the corpse is still alive and has to remember it afterwards

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The guy I hung out with in high school sexually assaulted a friend of mine a couple of years later so I feel your pain op the only solution is to hang out solely with women and even then if you get a bad vibe just shoot them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

see, this is actually a good example. you're the dude who asked me to paint eric dorner, mumia abu jamal, and ice-t standing on the mountain of dead cops with the "bring back lf" banner, right? that alone fits most of my criteria of "dude i'd probably get along with" but who knows what terrible things you've done

lol yep that was me, and very very terrible

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I mean…some people just show you what they want you to see.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

that's everyone. you just gotta have faith they're not hosed up or else yo on the news saying "I never thought he'd do something like this he was always so nice"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

point is you can never truly KNOW someone so no point in worrying

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

I.C. posted:

I mean…some people just show you what they want you to see.

like there was a show called dexter that i found really spooky because this guy seemed like this super nice handsome cool dude who was a pretty good guy but no, it turns out he was just pretending so no one knew he murdered. he never raped though. the audience always rooted for him because he was a cool murderer but i bet if he raped people wouldn't have been so cool with him

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Blue Train posted:

lol yep that was me, and very very terrible

post the picture

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Blue Train posted:

point is you can never truly KNOW someone so no point in worrying

I used to think about this a lot and it'd bug me out a little. Then I stopped caring.
Blue Train is smart.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
posting to add to bookmarks

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you irl posted:

post the picture

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

high art

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yea its masterful

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Only Ice-T is frowning. Why?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

he's always frowning :(

i guess whats scary isn't that anyone is capable of being a monster, it's just scary to think that you became buddies with one. your buddies should be far out, they shouldn't be monsters

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Gatekeeper posted:

we need to see this picture now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I.C. posted:

Only Ice-T is frowning. Why?

have you ever seen Ice-T smile. He's to busy being mad at cops

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

He's so cold!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

we need to see this picture now

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

I think the same thing while browsing the post your picture thread in pyf.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I meet cool dudes all the time and I never consider if they are rapists or not because I'm the rapist. See you around.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I meet cool dudes all the time and I never consider if they are rapists or not because I'm the rapist. See you around.

God I hope not

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
he put his dick right in my butt yes op

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I think the same thing while browsing the post your picture thread in pyf.

it's a head trip, right? the whole idea of talking to people over the internet is far loving out to me anyway, but when you notice one goon who has a good name and a cool av (like maybe a reference to a cool thing not a lot of people know about) and they post primo posts about good stuff that you like, sometimes you just gotta wonder: is this goon a rapist?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

it's a head trip, right? the whole idea of talking to people over the internet is far loving out to me anyway, but when you notice one goon who has a good name and a cool av (like maybe a reference to a cool thing not a lot of people know about) and they post primo posts about good stuff that you like, sometimes you just gotta wonder: is this goon a rapist?

I don't have to wonder. I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
always check for a mod star

• Locked thread