Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/186789/2/Light-Rail-Avenger-Breaks-Up-Fight-With-Sword

Alterative link to amazing video: http://archive.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20121026tempe-phoenix-light-rail-samurai-swordsman-interview.html
A man caught on video breaking up a fight on the light rail with his sword says he's surprised at his fame.

quote:

A Samurai savior pulled out his sword on a Metro light rail train earlier this month and stopped two men from beating a third, according to a video going viral on YouTube.

Phoenix police confirm they are seeking suspects in the bizarre events that took place on a train from Tempe to Phoenix at about 2 a.m. Oct. 13.

The video shows a black-clad man, his Samurai sword held aloft in an offensive position, stepping forward to stop a fight between a man in red and a man in black and white plaid who were kicking and punching a man in light blue.

The two attackers had backed the man in the light blue shirt into a corner by the door of the train, where he was cowering, the video shows.

The two attackers had their backs to the video camera and wore baseball hats. The man in the light blue shirt wore a white handkerchief on his head. All three were clad in blue jeans.

Meanwhile, people on the fairly full rail car were saying, "We got to get out, we got to get out."

As the train halted at the Central Avenue and Camelback Road stop, the sword savior continued advancing on the two attackers until they were outside the train, the video shows.

The man in the light blue shirt looked surprised when the Samurai train rider jumped to his defense, the video shows.

"Whoaaa," someone is heard exclaiming,

The victim said "thank you" but then grabbed for the weapon.

"Lay off," the Samurai swordsman said, the video shows.

The victim screamed expletives. "---- --- punks !'' he called, according to the video.

A man who who identified himself as Juan Vargas posted the video to YouTube, where it had received more than 337,000 views as of Sunday afternoon. Vargas posted it later in the day Oct. 13, but it began taking off Friday.

"This was ... 100% real," Vargas said in his YouTube post. "We did not know either the guys involved. Just random (expletive deleted) that happened at the end of our drunken night. We bar hopped in Tempe, rode the (light rail) to Phoenix."

Phoenix police said they have not located suspects. Valley Metro confirmed the incident occurred.

"We are currently investigating however no suspects have been located and it appears the individual with the sword was merely breaking up the fight," Phoenix police spokesman Steve Martos said Sunday.

I think he posts here

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

firstpost
Mar 27, 2015

by XyloJW
:firstpost:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Swords are so loving worthless lol

"I was just setting up to where their blind spot was" *closes window* enough for me

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
wtf video is down :(

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
The video of the swordsman being interviewed is just amazing

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Poetic Justice posted:

wtf video is down :(

http://archive.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20121026tempe-phoenix-light-rail-samurai-swordsman-interview.html

try that

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Alucard Nacirema posted:

The video of the swordsman being interviewed is just amazing

His autism has more layers than his blade.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

He had a five stage plan

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Kairo Seijuro

Lololololololololol

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
This is too harmful f or his ego. They should rename everything like "near moron pulls a sword out on a train, stunning the assailants in confusion, while managing to barely avoid an extreme escalation of violence that would have ended in jailtime at best"

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Yeah, that works. This guy needs an account!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

This is too harmful f or his ego. They should rename everything like "near moron pulls a sword out on a train, stunning the assailants in confusion, while managing to barely avoid an extreme escalation of violence that would have ended in jailtime at best"

actually in most states self defense laws state you can use deadly force to prevent a forcible felony, he could prolly get off or at least plea down. assuming, of course, his sword didn't just snap at the hilt once he actually tried to use it

e: in az you can kill someone over aggravated assault so there you go

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Ban guns but let nerds have samurai swords.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
tbh he looked competent with it since he's been practicing for a while. Still nuts, but at least he can handle it to a degree unlike that Canadian dude with the "it's tape" brother.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
The dude was completely unthreatened and inserted himself into a fist fight planning to gut someone. Why is he on the news as a hero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

when's the charles bronson film adaptation coming out?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I did this once with a naginata but could not bear the shame of telling the world I had used the weapon of a peasant woman

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

that me

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
he's cool as poo poo

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

1gnoirents posted:

Swords are so loving worthless lol

well, ok, but he got the drop on them so you're dumb

this guy is a god drat hero and I want you to say it

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Fansy posted:

The dude was completely unthreatened and inserted himself into a fist fight planning to gut someone. Why is he on the news as a hero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

Why does that guy look and talk like Igor in some old Universal horror film?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Why does that guy look and talk like Igor in some old Universal horror film?

he's canadian

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Good to know he builds a five stage plan when on any giving train.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
goons spend every hypothetical ideas thread talking about how they could totally beat someones rear end in an irl fight, call other guy nerd when he stops an irl fight

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

actually in most states self defense laws state you can use deadly force to prevent a forcible felony, he could prolly get off or at least plea down. assuming, of course, his sword didn't just snap at the hilt once he actually tried to use it

e: in az you can kill someone over aggravated assault so there you go

maybe in barbarian land. in canada this joker would have committed a crime by escalating the situation with unnecessary force. he could have just as easily shoved them or yelled at them without creating the oppratunity for some one to be decapitated in a struggle.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

maybe in barbarian land. in canada this joker would have committed a crime by escalating the situation with unnecessary force. he could have just as easily shoved them or yelled at them without creating the oppratunity for some one to be decapitated in a struggle.

what's even considered unnecessary by canadian standards considering rob ford

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ITS TAPE.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan posted:

what's even considered unnecessary by canadian standards considering rob ford

there is no level of force that is unnecessary to restrain rob ford

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
fair enough

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

If he wanted to impress me he'd put it away like this

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

They have an interview with a subway samurai and that's just a taste of what's coming up next. This network knows what they're doing because I sure as gently caress would not change the channel.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is that 5 different news stories or the same story broken up into parts Burmashave style

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
What are you idiots talking about "escalation of force"? What do you think would have happened if he tried to stop them with just his fists?

spoiler: he'd have gotten his rear end beat too

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Dude owns.

Sword nerds are usually the worst, but this guy pulled it off when his big chance came up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Holy gently caress people actually ride the loving light rail here?

• Locked thread