Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Triple H is the greatest wrestler of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Just finished the Orton/Rollins match replay, and I think it was Lawler who at the end goes "...well he's certainly not the future today"

:laugh:

DGib
Jan 22, 2010
I dont think the wwe wants me as a consumer of their programming and I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with it. Do I just stop watching something I've invested a lot of my time in cold turkey?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

TEGGS posted:

Was the Bray/Taker match good? Did it seem close? I'm rather bummed to see he lost.

He didn't look particularly bad overall but the first half of the match in particular he looked a totally outmatched dork. It got better and had some good moments after that but eh I can't like it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TEGGS posted:

Was the Bray/Taker match good? Did it seem close? I'm rather bummed to see he lost.

it was ok

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Just finished the Orton/Rollins match today, and I think it was Lawler who at the end goes "...well he's certainly not the future today"

:laugh:

He's not. He's the present :smug:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

TEGGS posted:

It was alright. Considering the rumors that Bray was working on a hurt ankle it was fine, Taker looked good and Bray played his part well enough.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Weak pre-show, insanely hot start with the ladder match, a series of competent matches / confusing fever dreams of distorted 80s nostalgia with some killer spots woven in, and then a main event with Brock and Seth making magic and Roman... not getting in the way.

I was iffy going in but hot drat, that was a good time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I honestly thought when Reigns speared Brock while holding Rollins with the F5 he was going to pin and win

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Why the gently caress didn't Flair come out during sting/hhh and bleed all over the ring? Also how expensive would Goldberg had been?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HulkaMatt posted:

I just want to say Brock Lesnar is an insanely special talent and showed why blood can be loving awesome in matches. Imagine that Reigns comeback without blood pouring down his face. Not nearly as believable.

His selling was loving perfect, also.

Yea the blood was absolutely part of why it was great, you totally had to see that the monster had actually been hurt by the comeback or else it just looked like any other 'oh he's got the stamina to sling a couple blows' moment.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm just so happy they made Mania fun instead of Roman Reigns: Dumptruck Operator.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I really enjoyed the Taker/Wyatt match. Someone on twitter described it as two grizzled grave diggers fighting over the same pile of dirt and I thought that was apt for this match. Bray looked strong and Taker looked way better than he did last year.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
For those of you who are excited because that was a really good wrestlemania, may I remind you last years was also really good and the product sucked rear end for a literal year straight afterward

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Genuinely my favorite WrestleMania, and the most perfectly booked main event possible in such a weird situation with Reigns, goddamn. Rollins is the MAN, baby! The FUTURE of this business, hot drat. Plus I liked every match on the show. They did it!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TEGGS posted:

He got in some offense, kicked out of a Tombstone, and they did a "crabwalk versus the sit-up" spot. I'd rather he go over, but he looked reasonably credible against Taker and didn't get squashed or anything.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
The crowd's reaction of "Hey! That's not Roman Reigns! Roman Reigns didn't win!!!! Hurray for Not Roman Reigns!!!!!!!!" was amazing. Really fun show. Almost didn't watch tonight but glad I did. My Network stream sucked tonight though, gonna have to catch the replay later.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

how the gently caress did I forget about Cena's springboard stunner, that poo poo was hilarious too.

Taker-Bray was an alright match but jesus christ just let the guy win these big matches already. Wyatt can be such a good, top-level heel except he keeps coming up short in the big matches.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Paulocaust posted:

For those of you who are excited because that was a really good wrestlemania, may I remind you last years was also really good and the product sucked rear end for a literal year straight afterward
Yeah Raw will probably be good tomorrow and then I dont anticipate anything good on TV

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

I really enjoyed the Taker/Wyatt match. Someone on twitter described it as two grizzled grave diggers fighting over the same pile of dirt and I thought that was apt for this match. Bray looked strong and Taker looked way better than he did last year.

it was a million times better than last year but it just had no build and was pointless and now bray is dead in the water. still nice to have a decent taker match again

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I thought after Fast Lane and taking a month off from watching any wrestling between that event and tonight that I'd probably be done with wrestling after watching Reigns win tonight.

Rollins drew me back into being a wrestling fan.

I didn't like the ending of Rusev/Cena because I don't want to see Rusev without Lana. She's a gem. At least Rusev got a kick rear end entrance and looked decent. I'm not sure why he spent so much time looking frustrated as if he was not in control of the match.

Bray Wyatt is dead as a character because I never think he's going to win or be a threat to anyone, and it's kinda sad because it's like if they had Undertaker lose all the time early on.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Mania owned except there was this one jackoff who kept chanting "we want Benoit" and other worthless poo poo. God gently caress that guy.

Really excited for raw though!

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

DGib posted:

I dont think the wwe wants me as a consumer of their programming and I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with it. Do I just stop watching something I've invested a lot of my time in cold turkey?

yes you big baby there's tons of other wrestling out there that's not wwe

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I think Bray is dead if they book him poorly coming out of this. I think as a character he needs to rebuild his cult to be relegitimized as a threat. And honestly Rowan and Harper ain't doing much right now so it might be time.

DGib
Jan 22, 2010
really not understanding the Rollins love. He's a snoozefest on the mic and his offence is usually just a bunch of indy flippy nonsense.

But I think the majority of the forum actually likes the young bucks so that probably explains things

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If you didn't enjoy that show you should probably not watch pro wrestling

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

ParanoidInc posted:

yes you big baby there's tons of other wrestling out there that's not wwe

Yeah I know, I still am into new japan, thats why I said wwe doesn't want me as a fan, not wrestling in general

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Nash really tear his quad again because that would've been a perfect capper to the weekend

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DGib posted:

really not understanding the Rollins love. He's a snoozefest on the mic and his offence is usually just a bunch of indy flippy nonsense.

But I think the majority of the forum actually likes the young bucks so that probably explains things

Rollins and the bucks could not be further from each other besides sometimes visit the top rope.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DGib posted:

Yeah I know, I still am into new japan, thats why I said wwe doesn't want me as a fan, not wrestling in general

Watch Lucha Underground too

that goes for everyone, watch LU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DGib posted:

You should start by disengaging from the WWE product, for instance, you could refrain from posting in WWE threads

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

If you didn't enjoy that show you should probably not watch pro wrestling

*sports entertainment you mean

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DGib posted:

jesus

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good show. Only thing I would have liked to see was Sting win. Hopefully he'll get some good moment on Raw tomorrow.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

TenaciousJ posted:

Bray Wyatt is dead as a character because I never think he's going to win or be a threat to anyone, and it's kinda sad because it's like if they had Undertaker lose all the time early on.

Undertaker had benefit of being a Vince McMahon brainchild, he even looked unbeatable against peak Hulkamania.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't want Bray to win, but it seemed really weird to have him lose. I dunno, I don;'t think that match did anyone any good

harperdc posted:

how the gently caress did I forget about Cena's springboard stunner, that poo poo was hilarious too.

Yessss that was great.

I was devastated at Cena not getting a special entrance. That's like 3 or 4 years running now :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Did Nash really tear his quad again because that would've been a perfect capper to the weekend

Didn't look like it, he was walking around fine after that. I think he was just selling

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Why are you posting in the WWE threads if you don't like WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Alain Post posted:

You should start by disengaging from the WWE product, for instance, you could refrain from posting in WWE threads

sorry for interrupting your percieved hivemind hugbox with a differing opinion I guess

• Locked thread