Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Why the gently caress didn't Flair come out during sting/hhh and bleed all over the ring? Also how expensive would Goldberg had been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

I really enjoyed the Taker/Wyatt match. Someone on twitter described it as two grizzled grave diggers fighting over the same pile of dirt and I thought that was apt for this match. Bray looked strong and Taker looked way better than he did last year.

it was a million times better than last year but it just had no build and was pointless and now bray is dead in the water. still nice to have a decent taker match again

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DGib posted:

really not understanding the Rollins love. He's a snoozefest on the mic and his offence is usually just a bunch of indy flippy nonsense.

But I think the majority of the forum actually likes the young bucks so that probably explains things

Rollins and the bucks could not be further from each other besides sometimes visit the top rope.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

can we not have an argument about a shoot fight between ronda rousey and hhh please my god what's wrong with you people

let's talk instead about rusev's wrestlemania track suit

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

That's because Ambrose's gimmick is "I am an insane person who lives in a dumpster and has no regard for my own health or safety." He's basically a sleazier, less schizophrenic Mankind. It would make sense for his character to be smiling through the pain. Reigns on the other hand came off like Rocky Maivia, "always smile no matter what," bullshit.

thats 100% your iwc-influenced interpretation of what roman was doing. for anyone who isn't a big smark it was just a way to get roman over as
badass, cocky, and being pushed to the brink by his opponent. they way he sold for Brock the entire match is nothing like what you're describing. honestly it will be even better if he turns heel.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 30, 2015

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

I seriously wonder what they'll do for the main event of Extreme Rules. I feel like Rollins/Brock is the most logical but I doubt Brock is working ER. And I have no idea how they would have him not immediately win the title back if he's going 1 on 1 with Seth.

I feel like a Rollins / Orton rematch would be the best, but I have no idea who Reigns fights in that scenario.

my guess rollins/reigns/orton triple threat.

correct answer is elimination chamber.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

honestly reigns totally sold me on the main event actually being a 100% squash for Brock up till the ring post spot, so good on him there.

edit: or the multiple f5 kick-outs forgot what's came first

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

after the next 4 or 5 years they might as well rename that thing the roh world title

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

wwe has put all it's booking ability into lesnar who continues to be the only genuinely pushed guy on the roster and one of a few guys who's character evolves with the program. this leaves roman with enough creativity left over to get booked against kane and big show

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

there are plenty if issues with Stephanie as a character and the authority in general but she is a great heel and I don't mind the fact that she stays strong because they are never consistently strongly booked heels in wwe. also she comes off as a horrible, hypocritical, shrieking banshee most the time I don't know why people think that means she is heel who never looks bad.

you are supposed to really hate heels. wwe is bad at booking blowoffs in general I don't think it's a Stephanie specific problem.

Supreme Allah posted:

This is a good description, Stephanie is basically that kid that goes 'well this is MY house so I SAY you are IT, okay caitlyn! My dad paid for this party so you have to go count to ten while I find another hiding place or I'M TELLING'.

It's a whining queen-child bit. I'm glad she's at least sometimes entertaining with the screeching, but it's not great heeling elsewise.

that character you are describing sounds very hate-worthy why isn't that "good heeling"?

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 2, 2015

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

light it up

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

So is he just Barrett now then?

"B.N." W. Barrett.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

whenever they needlessly cut half a guy's name off i think about the "mock trial with j. reinhold" bit from arrested development.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

"Bad News" is such a great nickname for a guy that every single worker on the roster with a B name should use it.

Bad News Barrett
Bad News Big E
Bad News Big Show
Bad News Bo
Bad News Bray
Definitely Bad News Brock
Bad News Bryan
Bad News Bella Twins
Bad News Booker T
Bad Announcer Byron

frankly I see potential in "Bad News" Jack "Real American" Swagger.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

New Japan because it's better in every way even though you can easily have both

hahahaha no. gently caress Pepsi.

speaking of faygo, important question: has crazzzy steve or mike knox done an jcw/icp show post-menagerie?

far more accurate
\/ \/ \/ \/

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 5, 2015

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Djarum posted:

I am utterly amazed how TNA can't get their poo poo together. They should have been on paper what NXT is now, 10 years ago. I do not understand how a company with the talent they have had could not be compelling enough to get a decent fanbase. I have tried to watch some of their product recently since I never had before and it had pretty decent wrestling especially the woman's wrestling which was leagues better than what I have seen on the main WWE roster but the presentation is boring and awful.

I'd love to read something about how TNA hosed itself up beyond repair.

that would be a long story but revolving door of carnie management that didn't care about the product or its stars + marketing to a dwindling niche market + constant misuse of talent + repeatedly bad booking decisions + refusal to change + really bad victim complex = tna. they have actually put on some good, strong, shows as of late but the brand is poison now and on a small channel nobody watches so pretty much it's too little too late.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Anime Curator posted:

to all you peeps who don’t believe being friend zoned exist: screw you, there are a lot of people who have been friend zoned by a lot of girls. With you saying it doesn’t exist, you are just trampling on the guys who’ve been hurt by this.

They deserve it, you creepers.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

getting off this terrible topic: reigns is gonna look really bad if he isn't chasing the title at extreme rules even though rollins/orton will probably be a good match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The Wyatt reunion spot in the Rumble was pretty cool. His storyline is that he murders people.

he has zero character and no meaningful storyline post-wyatt. it's not hard to have something in place for the guy when he was in a stable for months.

also he loses all the time so idk how good of a murderer he is

• Locked thread