Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Mania owned except there was this one jackoff who kept chanting "we want Benoit" and other worthless poo poo. God gently caress that guy.

Really excited for raw though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

just got back from raw. my favorite part tonight was some people trying to start a cm punk chant and being immediately shut down with an aj lee chant

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

I feel like people are blowing the crowd's chants at the Bella Twins out of proportion. We all remember that AJ cut an on-screen promo where she told the Bella's that talent isn't sexually transmitted in front of a TV audience of millions, right? Your top babyface ladies and gentlemen.

I agree that sexist chants are gross and would have preferred they hadn't gone there, but lets keep in mind they weren't chanting "You suck Jimmy," at Naomi or "You suck Punk," at AJ. Hell, a CM Punk chant was forcibly transformed into an AJ Lee chant and the crowd was constantly begging for Bailey to come out. Where is the line exactly for how the crowd is allowed to jeer at the heels? If we were back in 2006 I doubt there would have been this much wringing of hands over the homophobic chants Randy Orton got at One Night Stand. Or does the fact that Randy is not in reality having sex with John Cena make those chants OK, where as Nikki Bella IS sleeping with Cena so it's taboo to bring it up?

It just seems like people are fretting too much about this.

The chant started as an offshoot of a "cena sucks" chant, and would have been pretty funny if it stopped there. Except it kept going with a "you suck uso" and "you suck bryan" and a "you suck tyson" (to which nattie responded with a wink to the crowd which kinda owned). it was pretty gross.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

JOKER
1:38

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

i agree

• Locked thread