Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

TenaciousJ posted:

Bray Wyatt is dead as a character because I never think he's going to win or be a threat to anyone, and it's kinda sad because it's like if they had Undertaker lose all the time early on.

Undertaker had benefit of being a Vince McMahon brainchild, he even looked unbeatable against peak Hulkamania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Guys can you explain to me (not necessarily this dude, I'll take any explanations) why this is a bad thing? It's a stupid random royal rumble that wasn't even on the main show for a random award/title for a guy to tack to himself. It's not KOR, it's not some bracketed tourny of any sort. It's just a trophy thing and it seems like it does literally nothing to push anybody or anything like that. Show winning it seems absolutely harmless and a nice rub to give the guy when it's the Andre rumble.

People are mad because last year Cesaro won in a great spot and they thought he'd become champion soon after, he didnt, so, bitterness. Big show doesnt have any business winning anything at this point either, though.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

Still, I think I hated Sting/HHH so much it's ruining the whole loving show.

JBLs announcing was a big guilty party here, and I don't doubt he did it cause he knew (or was told) Vince would want it.

I get Vince still holding that grudge against WCW, I do -- 15 or whatever years is really not a long time for a grudge against someone that tried their best to destroy what you spent your life building. It just doesnt work when you distill it and scream it during commentary in a match.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

what do you think the rocks power level is?

Furious 7 is opening this weekend to over 100,000,000 so... over 100,000,000 at least.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

electric funeral posted:

Roman has tons of potential and can be rehabilitated easily.

heel turns fix everything

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

electric funeral posted:

Doesn't seem to be where they're going after that match, but what the hell do I know.

Its not where they're going but it fixes Romans character, he has every reason to turn heel and throw in some cheating and audience bashing.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
For all the times they've wedged Flair into awkward situations, coming out to help Sting vs HHH and HBK was such an obvious call, I never thought I'd say this in tyool 2015 but: that finish needed Ric Flair.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The best compliment I could give a wwe match is that at some points it looks like the guys are actually trying to hurt each other and Roman v Brock did that. Re watching that it's just violence, mostly one-sided on Brocks end but, nothing non-violent happens and that's fun.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
If they still care to salvage Reigns then turning him heel and a corporate champ is the answer, they can double-turn with a betrayal to Rollins and then you have Corporate Roman the champion with face Brock and Rollins and everyone else chasing him. Im allowed to fantasy book too go to hell.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

whatsabattle posted:

Basically think of all the self-esteem and self image problems that Vince McMahon has, then imagine having him as your dad.

Im in a storyline meeting and my dad says 'I Mr McMahon will father a baby with my daughter, Supreme Allah!'. What would I do, what would my eyes do? Would I look down, or up at the ceiling. Probably I would just sit there staring at the exact thing I was looking at before he said that, but without blinking or breathing for the next minute or two. Somebody, do something.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cornwind Evil posted:

Here's ultimately the issue with Stephanie as a heel these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XAAjbzPmk&t=143s

It's a twofold problem. First of all, Stephanie gets no comeuppance. Yes, SOMETIMES she does...but half the time, she gets to go out and do these things and nothing happens. Now yes, due to things understood in retrospect, no male wrestler should be striking her, and Chris Jericho should no longer be calling her an eight word long insult, but Miz doesn't get any sort of reply or revenge. This is bad enough, but Stephanie then invokes the other problem: she brings in real life aspects. It's a cheat, and a particularly bad one. She clearly wants to tear down the Miz, but instead of being creative about it, she's dragging out reality by waving her position over Mike Mizarian in the faces of the audience. It would be like if Seth Rollins came out and got to cut a promo about how he's not scared of Randy Orton, because Randy Orton was picked to be 'the guy', and hence Orton could fail over and over at getting the audience to care about him and yet never end up in the lower ranks or risk being fired because the people backstage wanted him to succeed and just let him 'fail upwards', unlike him, who earned everything and hence he, Seth Rollins, is better and will beat Randy at Extreme Rules. It doesn't make Stephanie looks creatively evil, nor does it help the Miz: it just exposes the man behind the curtain and emasculates Miz at the same time. It'd be like if you came out on stage, exposed a magician's trick, told everyone watching he is a liar and he should be ashamed for cheating his audience.

This is a good description, Stephanie is basically that kid that goes 'well this is MY house so I SAY you are IT, okay caitlyn! My dad paid for this party so you have to go count to ten while I find another hiding place or I'M TELLING'.

It's a whining queen-child bit. I'm glad she's at least sometimes entertaining with the screeching, but it's not great heeling elsewise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

WeaponX posted:

that character you are describing sounds very hate-worthy why isn't that "good heeling"?

It's not really interesting or bringing anything new to the table.

• Locked thread