Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure firstpost is the worst gimmick I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

firstpost
Mar 27, 2015

by XyloJW
:firstpost:

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

That one.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
you're the little nancy-boy that was reporting him the other day, weren't you

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty sure firstpost is the worst best gimmick I have ever seen.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The Taint Reaper

No one can really be that insufferable right? It has to be a joke

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry, OP. I agree with you 500% but I've started voting every thread 1 that he shitposts in.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Mine.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Mad Archivist posted:

you're the little nancy-boy that was reporting him the other day, weren't you

Seeing that he has been probated 2 or 3 times, I think a lot of people have been reporting him.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Did the jerk who posted all those poo poo threads last week get banned? I suspect he's in cahoots with the shitposting robot.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
plafop. He was kinda amusing at first, but his shtick gets really annoying really fast

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

amityville anus posted:

Did the jerk who posted all those poo poo threads last week get banned? I suspect he's in cahoots with the shitposting robot.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=179334

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He made all those poo poo threads to test out the bot.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

dont gimmickshame, op

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Your gimmick is craving negative attention because you're weird like that

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Seeing that he has been probated 2 or 3 times, I think a lot of people have been reporting him.

First post should be probated only when and if he fucks up sniping the first post.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

First post should be probated only when and if he fucks up sniping the first post.

Agreed, why are we discriminating against someone for doing a first post first post simply because his name is first post and has the first post emoticon??

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
firstpost is the current best poster in gbs

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
seizure account

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

mdm posted:

Agreed, why are we discriminating against someone for doing a first post first post simply because his name is first post and has the first post emoticon??

Some other chucklefuck would do it if Firstpost didn't, anyway.

I think it'll be good for the forum long-term. People will get so sick of it they won't do it anymore once Firstpost is gone. Like that time my dad caught me smoking and then forced me to do heroin.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

seizure account

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

mdm posted:

The Taint Reaper

No one can really be that insufferable right? It has to be a joke

Go anywhere irl that obnoxious opinionated nerds frequent (comic shops, gamestops, Magic tournaments, etc) and you'll see that no, it's not a joke. People in these places are usually pretty chill but every once in a while you'll encounter some fedora wearing mouth breather sputtering garbage opinions about worthless bullshit to people who give zero fucks.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i know firstpost irl and talk with him regularly, ama

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Libelous Slander posted:

i know firstpost irl and talk with him regularly, ama

how do you know a bot irl

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Someone make a scripted bot account made to exclusively hunt down magic cakes (very rare).

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

being yourself isn't a gimmick

:colbert:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

HMS Interwebs posted:

plafop. He was kinda amusing at first, but his shtick gets really annoying really fast

hello friend i bring you good news

edit: i personally don't care, i didn't pay attention to this poster, don't know who zhe is etc

root beer fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 30, 2015

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
gamequoter

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

there are no annoying gimmicks, everyone contributes to the rich tapestry of our lives, and we are better for it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Btichkilla

MattDamon

Electronicmanji

IWC

Literally people who spent $1000s of dollars reregging to continue to post on this forum.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

"firsties" weren't funny or even amusing 10 years ago, and that's an eternity in internet years.
What's even worse is that some loser (if it's not a bot) is F5ing Page 1 all day long and getting in there before anyone else.
What a rush! :suicide:

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

casual beep posted:

firstpost is the current best poster in gbs

This but unironically.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
we cannot allow bots to replace honest hardworking human shitposters. this is unacceptable

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Some other chucklefuck would do it if Firstpost didn't, anyway.

I think it'll be good for the forum long-term. People will get so sick of it they won't do it anymore once Firstpost is gone. Like that time my dad caught me smoking and then forced me to do heroin.

First post will be the next 'im gay' meme.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Hint: Firstpost is Lowtax

Other hint: No, the retarded half of the gbs goon population is not going to 'get sick of it and stop'

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Firstpost for GBS Mod

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

Tezzor

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
there are no good gimmick accounts

except for that one guy who communicated solely through videogame images

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i think a good gimmick account would be a dude who never types out his posts, but instead videos himself pretending to be his dog, holding the dog up in front of his face as he talks in a silly dog voice and moving the dog's paws around so it seems like the dog is gesticulating. then just post those videos for every post he makes. it'd be cool for any kind of post, like the "i'm gay" posts up to the really long posts about what stuff symbolizes in movies.

could call himself something good like "goondoggle" (because of "goon" and "dog") and have an avatar of the dog but with the top half of its head moving around so it looks like the way south park makes the canadian guys talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i mean yeah not everyone is gonna click the links to the guy's videos but i bet a lot of us would, especially if it was a cute dog and he did a good silly dog voice and he brought a lot to the table, discussion-wise

• Locked thread