Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

any country that exists where we could justify a draft is also a country where war means certain death for the whole planet, so let's stop pretending it matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Lmao if u dont already know the horror of war

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i think reinstating a draft would be disastrous for the powers that be

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How many drugs do you need to be on to avoid a draft?

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS

goatface posted:

How many drugs do you need to be on to avoid a draft?

One. One drugs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
what if you're in a legal weed place?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol there is no loving way i could pass a psyche exam

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

Kmlkmljkl posted:

One. One drugs.

What if it's done holistically?

You take one weed. Put in water.

Dilute.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

really when you look back at vietnam it's amazing there wasn't MORE outrage at the draft

(lol not really anyone who wasn't drafted was placated enough to shut the gently caress up and keep on living like the worthless loving cunts they are)

cause seriously "hey 18 year old go fight in this country you've never heard of" "why?" "haha shut the gently caress up and die"

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

We need to start a war just to get rid of these loving retards.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

By the time they'll want me, we've already lost. Thank you, mental illness!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

really when you look back at vietnam it's amazing there wasn't MORE outrage at the draft

(lol not really anyone who wasn't drafted was placated enough to shut the gently caress up and keep on living like the worthless loving cunts they are)

cause seriously "hey 18 year old go fight in this country you've never heard of" "why?" "haha shut the gently caress up and die"

They had to go and fight the COMMUNISTS so that they wouldn't take over the world and force everyone to wear boiler suits and little hats.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

goatface posted:

They had to go and fight the COMMUNISTS so that they wouldn't take over the world and force everyone to wear boiler suits and little hats.
god, could you imagine if the communists took over? they might make us all work lovely loving waste of time jobs that really do nothing to add to human progress

what misfortune it would be to be work a lovely loving waste of time job that really adds nothing to human progress that doesn't benefit a rich person

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Jastiger posted:

The draft applies to all people aged 18 to 45 MALE OR FEMALE.

Ah poo poo. Can I be a drone pilot or something? If that's not available I'd happily keep an eye out for traitors on the homefront. You know people denigrating our nation and it's war effort, I could turn them in. Not as flashy as all that combat stuff but I'll do my service where I can. I'll even accept a reasonable quota.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Good. Draft everybody.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i play starcraft, so i'm better suited as a strategist back in the pentagon planning the war anyway

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i play starcraft, so i'm better suited as a strategist back in the pentagon planning the war anyway

*ISIS finds itself overwhelmed by a sea of tanks as far as the eye can see*

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

*i walk up to the recruitment desk, the sergeant's eyes unreadable behind his sunglasses as i hand him a piece of paper* unless this is your draft card, i don't care, boy

no sir, this is my battle.net ladder ranking

...good god son, we need you with the top brass!

yeah

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Tsinava posted:

i think reinstating a draft would be disastrous for the powers that be

Not if we actually enforce the language of section 451 of the Selective Service act. The burden needs to be shared generally among the population. That has not happened since World War II. So, its time Chelsea and the rest of the progeny of our elected officials share the god drat burden. We abuse the gently caress out of our volunteer force.

quote:

(c) The Congress further declares that in a free society the obligations and privileges of
serving in the armed forces and the reserve components thereof should be shared
generally, in accordance with a system of selection which is fair and just, and which
is consistent with the maintenance of an effective national economy.

Applewhite posted:

Good. Draft everybody.

:agreed:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mr. Pumroy posted:

*i walk up to the recruitment desk, the sergeant's eyes unreadable behind his sunglasses as i hand him a piece of paper* unless this is your draft card, i don't care, boy

no sir, this is my battle.net ladder ranking

...good god son, we need you with the top brass!

yeah

abu bakr al-baghdadi throws down with the koreans on fish server and brainclan all fuckin day, he's like b+ you better watch your poo poo

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jastiger posted:

B-Rock "Islamic Shock" Obama has just reinstated the draft to invade Iran and/or Russia!

Goons! WHAT DO YOU DO!? Pick up arms and go fight for hearth and home? Run away to Canada? Feign illness to get out of it? Retreat to your dungeon bunker and post with nary a rifle in sight?

Torture the first brown person I encounter and get dishonourably discharged.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are they gonna check my facebook and see all the "death to the west" posts I've made?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If goons were drafted we'd invade Japan and South Korea for all the sweet Internet and anime. Might not be a bad idea.

Would create jobs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

roymorrison posted:

Lmao if u dont already know the horror of war

Caro does

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

I know about computers so I would probably just have to design some type of killer robot for the efficient massacre of "insurgents." The rest of you can have fun dying in the sand.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'd be the cool Sgt. that's always chewing a cigar.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Monk posted:

I'd be the cool Sgt. that's always chewing a cigar.

*sends an invite to Mad Monk Apone*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

i'd probably say "poo poo hope I don't get drafted" and continue on with my life

• Locked thread