Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Throw me in as a soldier, then when I inevitably die, play God and make me a human-drone. Also difficulty 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I request as much of the largest and most explosive ordinance as is physically possible for me to hold.

e: VVVV I take it back, Give Me A Tank

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 6, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Put me in coach I'm ready!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Alkydere posted:

That may be true, but with the worst firing accuracy of the initial group and second worse overall (someone rolled a 40 to my 41) I think I'm still going to claim a grenade bandolier just because there's a chance I can actually nail the broad side of a barn with one. :v:

If I live long enough for the necessary research to go through, I'm pretty sure I'll be running around with either a shockstick or medkit in one hand and a frag in the other.

I'm guessing 30 isn't a real huge amount of bravery so there's a pretty decent chance several of my kills will be the rest of you. I've got good reactions though. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ViggyNash posted:

Oh poo poo, you're gonna let individual soldiers decide how they want to move? This will be interesting...

As Soldier No. 8 I will take a rocket launcher if I don't already have one and fan out behind the flare-throwers (or the gunners if we don't have any) and prepare to scorch the ground the moment I see something that isn't human.

I don't actually know much about old school XCOM so I'm just going to pretend I'm a heavy from new XCOM.

quote:

I'm getting Lost Fleet flashbacks...

I ended up floating around in circles uselessly in that one. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pierzak posted:

Wait, what? I meant the books.

There was an lp a while back where everyone was the captain of a boat in the fleet but only knew what they could see directly or knew the orders from people higher ranked from them, I thought you meant that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Orders

Grab a rocket launcher and rockets, get behind the scouts/flare-throwers, open fire the moment an alien shows up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm near the back so I'm going to stick with my current plan.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow I'm good at killing aliens. RIP in peace half the squad who came with us.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

tadashi posted:

They should just send the two of us out there. My "panic and run around until you've flanked 'em" strategy is pretty good.

Truly this strategy is flawless and we are an unstoppable team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bury me with my rocket launcher.

Alternately, throw it in the cloning vats with me, or attach it to the stump that used to be an arm when I become Robocop. You know, whichever.

• Locked thread