Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
I humbly request to represent China on the council in these trying times.
Naturally the base should be in China, and should be called The People's Republic of Extraterrestrial Management at difficulty level of 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

64bitrobot posted:

This man is correct. To survive, we must be able to kill them before they kill us. Russia suggests that we focus our development in the line of new weapons. Should we manage to manufacture weapons useful again the enemy threat, we can develop and distribute these weapons elsewhere for a profit to aid in defense of the planet by other, less fortunate folks.

Also, troops should equipped with as much explosive power as each soldier is capable of holding. It is also paramount we bring extra explosives for our heavy weapon operators. Leave them on the floor if you have to, but you'd better bring them! So it is thus I propose Blow The Fuckers Up

The Chinese representative appreciates the sentiment of how you say; "blowing these fuckers up", but our governmental body believes that a proper armor can truly unify a group and bolster camaraderie. After all we don't want our men to panic and turn these weapons on their fellow soldier now do we? We humbly suggest a half and half approach, forgoing medical array's in favor of armor and weapons. We can heal the men at home for now.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Naturally the Chinese representative would never use language unbecoming of a citizen of the glorious Republic, but we have to agree that gently caress off aliens! is a glorious name for any anti alien movement. We will attempt to brand it to boost funding, heavens know we need it. How does "gently caress of aliens!!"℠ lunchboxes sound?

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

RickVoid posted:

Quoting before you can edit out the Engrish.

The Chinese representative is unaware of this so called "Engrish" but we will investigate it and terminate it with extreme prejudice!!!!
(Seriously though my English isn't spectacular, so if i make any errors I apologize)

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

RickVoid posted:

You got it as "gently caress of aliens" for what you're putting on the lunchbox, rather than "gently caress off aliens". Chinese products are notorious for having similar wrong word/poor spelling errors, so I was pointing out something I felt was actually historically appropriate, rather than poking fun at you.

I actually had no idea that English wasn't your first language, so good on you.

Oh my God, that is awesome!! Engrish for the win!

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
Would it be terribly rude of the Chinese representative to change their vote to A gently caress of Aliens?

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

SupSuper posted:

I can't stand around as I watch our poor scientists just wandering around aimlessly wasting their precious intellect (and taxpayer's money), so I apply for the position of Chief of Research and Development.

I also propose for our first project we begin researching Laser Weapons. This will surely get us faster to our council members' desire to Blow the Fuckers Up, a noble goal indeed.

The Chinese representative supports this individuals bid for Chief and his proposal for laser weapons, if only because the Premier wants to stand in front of backdrop holding a giant laser in his hands. The Premier is very odd that way.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

my dad posted:

If there's a position for some kind of assistant's assistant or something still open, I'll take it, otherwise I'm content just posting suggestions to people who make decisions.

I'd like to suggest the quartermaster to take less rockets. A strong soldier can carry a launcher and at most 2 extra rockets if they carry nothing else. Even with porters taken into account, 25 rockets is a bit much considering you can restock on them fairly quickly. On the other hand, stun rods are an excellent backup weapon for people who can afford the extra weight, and smoke grenades can be useful too. A pre-primed smoke grenade can save a soldier who makes contact with aliens and doesn't have the time (AU) to open fire or run away, and in the worst case scenario, it will activate when the soldier dies, breaking line of sight and allowing other soldiers to maneuver more safely. A couple of belts of incendiary rounds for the autocannon would also be useful for quickly lighting up a large area, whether for illumination or burnination - some would even consider them to be the best choice for its primary ammo.

Of course, the choice of equipment lies with the soldiers, but giving them a wider range of choices might prove highly beneficial.

The Chinese representative agrees completely with this. Smoke grenades are awesome.

64bitrobot posted:

Though for the moment, Russia shall rescind it's vote to remove the current QM, believing that the current QM should have more of a chance to prove himself.
We also vote that the council keep our quartermaster. While some heads of state may be frustrated, making managerial changes this early in the game can make other employees worry for their positions. Job security is important people!

Heliosmajestus fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 5, 2015

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Everything's still quiet... maybe there really are no aliens. :v:

The Chinese representative has been under a lot of pressure by their government to prove the threat is real. Perhaps we should simulate an attack in order to see how we would operate in this situation. Also as always, the Premier would like a laser gun, no matter how much the representative tries to convince otherwise...*sigh* Also we approve of more smoke grenades

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
The Chinese representative also supports the proposal for ten more scientists

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

my dad's reasoning is why I am holding off on getting new engineers-there's basically nothing for them to work on at the moment, and it is unlikely that they will have anything to do for some time. Getting more researchers now would be the smarter choice.

On an unrelated note, it is so boring around here. Having no battles means I can't do any good propaganda commercials yet!

Its not just the commercials that are suffering. How can the Chinese make bootlegs of x-com products without products to bootleg? X-com lazer blasters, x-com ahrmor, x-com oficial avalange missiles with real radioactive action!

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

blastron posted:

I was not aware of this! Why are our honorable troops not equipped with armor made of this material? How could this organization send our troops so unprepared into combat?

The Chinese representative would like to theorize that the material the skyranger is made of is to heavy and expensive to produce for conventional armor, leading the need to research new armors

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
The Chinese representative is quite pleased with the current situation, casualties are always a reality in war especially when dealing with these articular enemies. Not that Chinese would know anything about aliens. Not that we don't know about them, we certainly could if we wanted to...

The Chinese proposes that as long as it doesn't interfere with their duties, individuals can occupy two positions. With that in my mind, we wholeheartedly support the idea of Dr. Snark as our PR manager, as it fits in nicely with his position as Chief of Human Resources. After all, by controlling how we attract soldiers, he can make sure we get the best of the best.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

my dad posted:

To: Council, R&D

X-Com is in a dire financial situation. While the council has been more than generous with the funds they have made available to us, the alien threat is merciless, and will require far more resources to fight than we currently have access to. In light of that, I have devised a series of measures that will hopefully alleviate some of the problems we face. It is my hope that the council members will consider my proposal and forward it as an official X-Com policy.

"Keep 1" Directive
  • One non-researched alien artifact of every kind must not to be sold until R&D is able to determine its full use and how to replicate it.
  • Segments of UFOs that appear to have a purpose related to navigation and propulsion, as well as the armored plating and anything that looks like it might be used as fuel for UFOs are not to be sold.
  • All other non-researched artifacts are to be sold to the funding nations, in hope that their research teams will have better luck than ours.
  • Researched artifacts do not fall under this directive, and their fate is to be considered separately.

China would like to support the Keep 1 directive, mostly because we are eager to purchase as many things as we can. Not because we are planning anything, why would you think that?
To: Council
Support to Keep 1 Directive

Heliosmajestus fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 23, 2015

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

The US would like to propose that our next base follow up A.F.O.A. by being called B.F.O.B. for Big gently caress-Off Base.

This is clearly the only option

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
China is still here and proud to represent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

HR GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Attention all AFOA personnel:

As of late our backers have been expressing concerns about the "issues" we've been having with the explosives in our inventory. I am aware we have established procedures to deal with this but to outside observers they appear to be bizarre activities indicative of insanity. As such, when outside observers visit AFOA, these activities need to be kept to a minimum and be hidden if possible. I do not want to lose funding because our backers saw one of our guys talking to a bomb, or worse yet hear the explosive itself talking.

You wont lose any funding from the Chinese for something like that. In our country we encourage our employees to form attachments to their equipment, they work longer, faster and it helps combat the all consuming loneliness we all feel. I named my ballpoint pen Jerry. And its okay if they talk too, after all a conversation is more fun if both sides are talking!

• Locked thread