Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is it th e general process of disembodied communication? Millions of images to replace real existing things? What's going on. What's happening to this world. Is this world on fire? will the internet soon be banned as some say?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Its a wankpissshit echo chamber

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the internet doesn't break people, broken people flock to the internet

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
It just does.. That's all there is to it friend!

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
the radiation from your computer monitor is frying your brain

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

Simstim posted:

the radiation from your computer monitor is frying your brain

wow like itt we're crt posting now?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

everyone is hosed up in some weird way, but until the internet we thought we were alone, now everyone knows we're all insane furries or diaper fetishists or piss drinkers or doll fuckers

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
i dont know how do i cure myself and dont say kill u r self thats not a solution YOU MONSTER

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

everyone is hosed up in some weird way, but until the internet we thought we were alone, now everyone knows we're all insane furries or diaper fetishists or piss drinkers or doll fuckers

speak for yourself

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont know what causes it, but people using the internet a lot and finding miserable internet people everywhere they go online is probabaly part of it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
people's brains were messed up before the internet, you just didn't hear about it so much

read Justine, that poo poo came out in 1791. the fuckin sequel too, Juliette. lol Napoleon was so mad

quote:

In her journeys she also becomes acquainted with Minski, a nomadic, ogre-like Muscovite, who delights in raping and torturing young boys and girls to death and consuming the remains.

Aug 4, 2010

did the internet gently caress my brain or was it already hosed. ill never know

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont know what causes it, but people using the internet a lot and finding miserable internet people everywhere they go online is probabaly part of it

It's definitely catching, there's no way I'm going to let my future white children I'm trying to create a future for use the microblogging services of the 2020s

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
people who use the internet a lot are definitely not like people who dont use the internet a lot

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Mr. Pumroy posted:

uhhh I have some bad news for you about this....

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's definitely catching, there's no way I'm going to let my future white children I'm trying to create a future for use the microblogging services of the 2020s

secure that future

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Moridin920 posted:

people's brains were messed up before the internet, you just didn't hear about it so much

read Justine, that poo poo came out in 1791. the fuckin sequel too, Juliette. lol Napoleon was so mad

The part about eating a meal of some plants was funny

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I.N.R.I posted:

people who use the internet a lot are definitely not like people who dont use the internet a lot

Using the internet a lot is like being a bookworm but never learning anything except the list of 21 facts that are individually posted to reddit every hour on the hour

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Pumroy posted:

secure that future

I'm trying to but I Don't know if i'm just trying to escape a false symbolic order or what

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the internet is my enemy

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Don't look at me I just watch anime and curate the wikipedia article on Emperor Constantine XI

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

the internet doesn't break people, broken people flock to the internet

except for the people who can't/don''t sleep. that's the internet's fault.
broken attracts broken, though.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I knew a weirdo in high school who was just weird back then. Now he's a schizo furry who watches cartons all day.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

amityville anus posted:

I knew a weirdo in high school who was just weird back then. Now he's a schizo furry who watches cartons all day.

Imagine if there was no internet and he just became a carpenter who saved his weirdness for the stuff he wrote on the back of boards

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He's a sadbrains he'd probably be locked up for morally inept crimes by now.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Before socially isolated people had the internet they would just stay in their houses and write crazy books or make religious altars out of tinfoil or build towers from car parts and that was good for everyone involved

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Society seems to be increasingly geared towards fan-activity and the internet just amplifies what's already rotten in people's souls

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
The internet diffuses your energy and focus. It saps your purity of essence

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

memes are sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
This mornign I saw someone in E/N crying and begging their internet friends to stop talking about gamergate in IRC like ahaha go outside nigga none of this matters in the real world

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Just you wait untill real time photorealisitc virtural reality op. It's about a generation of video cards away.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's more unconnected random information to process than our brains were evolved to handle, so we all get ADHD.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Imagine if there was no internet and he just became a carpenter who saved his weirdness for the stuff he wrote on the back of boards

i find it very disturbing thought

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
ożo
 __

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Whooooaaaa!!!

Im posting on the internet!!!

:aaaaa:

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.
too much agency over personal content control

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Large groups of people feed into one another and can convince themselves of some pretty weird things.

Used to be you had to be born into it, though, now on the internet you can choose your group and your weird things.

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
the internet tried to kiss my uncle at a perkins restaurant in western ontario 5 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
now i cant stop jacking off to asmr

• Locked thread