Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite dump stat
charisma
strength (nobody cool plays a mage)
dexterity (u r dumb)
intelligence (my dump stat irl)
constitution (put all points into strength like a real man)
wind resistance
View Results

• Locked thread
DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
future RIP charisma

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

You misspelled fat, OP.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are you sure she's not called Constitution, OP

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

china bot posted:

future RIP charisma

First quote.

How about punching the rear end in the face?
Thats karma not charisma I guess?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

If only she were a bard...

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

are you sure she's not called Constitution, OP

looks like a future cleric tank imo

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

1. ARghhhhhhhhh!!!
2. [attack]

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
She should join a white supremacist gang. I mean she might not be racist, but you gotta do what you gotta do for protection in the rec yard.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
all depends on your DM, OP

but yeah I dump charisma and intelligence a lot cuz it allows you to play like a stupid rear end in a top hat and still be "playing your character"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Rosalind posted:

If only she were a bard...

Your feet move faster!
Your feet move faster!

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
She just needs to drop stinking cloud on her bullies then pick them off with her sling or crossbow.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
All my 5s wound up on her head.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
someone plz teach that girl 2 fight nothing is better than watching bullies get fucken piledriven into their retarded skulls lmaoooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9HL2g5CCzY
god i wish that kid wouldve fucken stomped that little poo poo to death unghhh i fucken lust for bully death gently caress em

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe
Just teach her backwards illuminati reverse set ups.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

powerful druid/barbarian with autism and a cleft lip checking in

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
beep oboop I'm a wizard with 3 wisdom. HOW DOOR OPERATE????

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Actually Charisma is a dump stat in D&D but not in RL. Its the opposite.

Being maxed out in every other stat can get you far in life, but its always the CHA that takes the cake. There are weak, stupid, rude, uncoordinated people, that have big tits/dicks or can tell a good joke and they make BANK. Whenever someone that is super strong or smart makes a lot of money or is at the top of the economic ladder its because they also have a high CHA score in combination with their other abilities. Arnold wasn't really famous until he started acting, even though he was massively strong. Really good musicians aren't really well off unless they're able to connect to consumers. Neil Degrasse Tyson is really smart, but we know who he is because he's good looking and can talk to people.

Think about it.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

roymorrison posted:

someone plz teach that girl 2 fight nothing is better than watching bullies get fucken piledriven into their retarded skulls lmaoooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9HL2g5CCzY
god i wish that kid wouldve fucken stomped that little poo poo to death unghhh i fucken lust for bully death gently caress em

I wish there was an entire section of youtube devoted to these videos. That kid is baller.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Rename her Stamina because she's a tank taking all the aggro

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Charisma was better back when it basically determined how many expendable morons you could trick into following you into the Dungeon, that was the original point of the stat actually

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Jastiger posted:

Being maxed out in every other stat can get you far in life, but its always the CHA that takes the cake. There are weak, stupid, rude, uncoordinated people, that have big tits/dicks or can tell a good joke and they make BANK. Whenever someone that is super strong or smart makes a lot of money or is at the top of the economic ladder its because they also have a high CHA score in combination with their other abilities. Arnold wasn't really famous until he started acting, even though he was massively strong. Really good musicians aren't really well off unless they're able to connect to consumers. Neil Degrasse Tyson is really smart, but we know who he is because he's good looking and can talk to people.

Think about it.

:goonsay:

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

Charisma was better back when it basically determined how many expendable morons you could trick into following you into the Dungeon, that was the original point of the stat actually

I thought leadership was a thing in 3rd edition. No clue about 4th or 5th though. Or 6th. Whatever.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Think about it.

That's a lot of words, but Credit Rating is the real best stat.

Call of Cthulhu is the one that got it right. The best way to be rich and successful is to already be rich.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I hope the bullies made hilarious signs to bully her with

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
if you can enchant something with glibness you're good pretty much

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
0/10 No option for for Wisdom being the dump stat.
Nothing more fun than playing a charismatic Barbarian that has no common sense.

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
unless ur a paladin

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

cool tree bro posted:

I thought leadership was a thing in 3rd edition. No clue about 4th or 5th though. Or 6th. Whatever.

Back in AD&D days basically every character had a leadership score determined by charisma, which set your max number of leveled followers and their loyalty. Sure the game was more lethal but you were basically supposed to take a dozen expendable dudes in with you to stand in front and activate all the gently caress You traps a la The Mummy movie from 2000

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007

Cuckoo posted:

Rename her Stamina because she's a tank taking all the aggro

Eustachy
May 7, 2013
Paladins ftw

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Int is the dump stat in 5e because like nothing uses it except Wizards and useless skill checks.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

google posted:

Charisma (Cha)

Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting.

Charisma is probably the IRL dump stat for most goons yeah

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

Int is the dump stat in 5e because like nothing uses it except Wizards and useless skill checks.

what's up with 5e, if i'm a former 3/3.5e player wanting to get a new game going should i do pathfinder, 5e, or something else

naem
May 29, 2011

Android Bicyclist posted:

0/10 No option for for Wisdom being the dump stat.
Nothing more fun than playing a charismatic Barbarian that has no common sense.

I'm doing this irl

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

Charisma is probably the IRL dump stat for most goons yeah

Doesn't "dump stat" mean the stat you keep low so your other stats can be real high?

I don't think irl goons have a dump stat, then.

Eustachy
May 7, 2013
Do ppl really min/max their stats in PnP I thought that was just for PC games when all youre doing is killing mobs

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

what's up with 5e, if i'm a former 3/3.5e player wanting to get a new game going should i do pathfinder, 5e, or something else

something else, like starting your car in the garage

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Eustachy posted:

Do ppl really min/max their stats in PnP I thought that was just for PC games when all youre doing is killing mobs

min/max, powergame, and munchkin are all pnp terms originally

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

something else, like starting your car in the garage

sorry my garage is where i keep all my shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It is a sequel to 3.5. It is has some good ideas but has real bad encounter design math, and spellcasters are once again godlike while the only way melee dudes interact with the game is hitting things for tiny amounts of damage. If you want to roll dice and move dudes around a grid then play 4e. Otherwise maybe play Dungeon World or Mouse Guard or something.

• Locked thread