Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

i can't remember a time when sting was anything but a loser

This one time in the White Castle of Fear...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Literally anything exciting in the last hour to set up a cool or unsuspected angle for the summer instead of a by-the-numbers main event.

Yeah, that's my takeaway. From my perspective I'm not a regular fan or viewer. I put money down and bought the Network for the first time last night for Wrestlemania and walked away with a positive feeling that brought me into RAW. I tune into RAW and the show starts with an AMAZING hour of Brock Lesnar/Paul Heyman stuff. Like, really, the best loving sports entertainment I've seen in FOREVER. For an hour or so I was sitting there thinking to myself "Holy poo poo, am I back? Am I actually excited for wrestling? Did WWE drag me out of years of not caring and make me care?"

But then the show just became every other week. Brock was "suspended" so I know he probably won't be there next week or probably for months and nothing else was done to draw my interest. Just meaningless matches across the board with not a single storyline introduced or told. Except for the generic RAW tossed together six man main event where the message was apparently "Yeah, we're still shoving Reigns down your throat."

Its really making me comfortable about canceling the Network a day or two after I bought in.

sticklefifer posted:

I'm actually kinda glad they didn't call up any women from NXT. The division owns right now and it'd be hard to lose anybody. Though I guess they'd probably push Becky if Sasha or Charlotte left a gap.
The active Divas division is basically six people. Why would you have to lose anyone?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
wrong thread sorry

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

The active Divas division is basically six people. Why would you have to lose anyone?

From NXT. Getting called up means the Womens division loses somebody, and their pool is small already.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rhonne posted:

I feel like Raw sort of peaked after Brock murdered everyone. Kind of hard to top that.

Raw last night was awesome, but they could have done a better job with the setup for it. Having Brock and Heyman come out at the beginning to demand a rematch is perfect, but they didn't have to go into the second hour with the 'Brock goes nuts' bit. That really should have ended the show because nothing did top that at all. They could have spent the last half hour or so in complete silence, with the commentary team dead, and just had Brock go even more nuts with hurting people and finally being suspended at the very end. Hell, the Randy Orton wants a title chance match didn't even need to be in this Raw at all. They could have saved that for another one, to further push that Rollins is a man with a huge target on his back.

Still, it's one hell of a night. I'm glad Lucha Dragons and Adrian Neville got a push. I just wished they had planned the last hour a lot better as this should have been a Brock-only push tonight, and having Orton and Reigns have a match at the end just seemed to waste a lot of story fuel and seemed out of place with Brock going on a massacre.

• Locked thread