Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
Captain Trips is about to start sweeping through the United States (and, soon, through the world as soon as some government gently caress decides that the rest of the world should go down with us). 99% of the world will die from a superflu.

I feel like we'd be even worse off than we were in the 90s. We are so dependent on ubiquitous internet that almost no one knows how to do anything without Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

god would now be real

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I dunno OP I bought the eBook but I'm only on like page 580/1600 but book 1 was pretty good :wave:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
We sure as hell wouldn't call it Captain Trips, perhaps the most 70s name you could give to a nightmarish pestilence

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Also those chapters where it was like "Timmy was immune but fell down a well" would be replaced with "Fatty fell off his hoverround and died of thirst, whilst blubbering around like a beached whale" repeated 20x with small variations

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wouldn't it get caught all the sooner? One camera phone/instagram from that first gas station stop and the news is out there.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The creepy goon would be largely unchanged except now he's got a fedora and bemoans the loss of his youtube channel while others mourn their families

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

i can't wait to fall in love with a devil woman and carry a printer for her to vegas

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Scaramouche posted:

Wouldn't it get caught all the sooner? One camera phone/instagram from that first gas station stop and the news is out there.

One weird trick to not catch the Dissolve Into A Pile Of Mucous Plauge! Satan analogues hate him!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
We're trying to rebuild civilization here, moving into these abandoned houses and whatnot, plus side is all the food that everyone stocked is still mostly good, bad news is each house has 2+ rotting carcassas that are 300 lbs+ that we really can't move, also there's a Satan out there making fun of us

naem
May 29, 2011

There'd be more references to preppers and iPhones

naem
May 29, 2011

The main character good guy would be an Iraq veteran with ptsd and a heart of gold

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Given King's painfully naive understanding of modern technology, there'd be a chapter where, trying to conceal the news of the outbreak, the US military throw a big switch that turns the internet off.

*"i don't care what's going on Harold, I asked you if you could fix it!", Fran snapped. Harold turned back to the monitor, pudgy fingers flickering over the keyboard. His forehead creased in frustration: "I don't get it", he finally admitted; "AOL: down. Yahoo: down. Something's taken out the entire network!"*

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

the cell is his scariest book because it deals with an old mans fears of modern technology

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Dobber from Coach was in The Stand movie. Hes the voice of Patrick on sponge bob. I sat next to him at a bar in vegas.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pistol_Pete posted:

Given King's painfully naive understanding of modern technology, there'd be a chapter where, trying to conceal the news of the outbreak, the US military throw a big switch that turns the internet off.

*"i don't care what's going on Harold, I asked you if you could fix it!", Fran snapped. Harold turned back to the monitor, pudgy fingers flickering over the keyboard. His forehead creased in frustration: "I don't get it", he finally admitted; "AOL: down. Yahoo: down. Something's taken out the entire network!"*

M-O-O-N that spells iphone

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Are the black people still magical? This is important.

naem
May 29, 2011

There'd be a really weirdly inaccurate description of guns, like a Smith and Wesson automatic revolver that takes "clips" chambered in .42752 automatic and characters would be constantly "racking the charging handle" and "cocking the safety"

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

naem posted:

There'd be a really weirdly inaccurate description of guns, like a Smith and Wesson automatic revolver that takes "clips" chambered in .42752 automatic and characters would be constantly "racking the charging handle" and "cocking the safety"

Remember Net Force?

:deepestFacePalm:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pistol_Pete posted:

"The whole internet is down, but I can still get to Myspace on my phone! The military didn't think of that!"

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Doesn't matter what year it is, there's going to be a shitload of walking.
Walking for chapter after chapter after loving chapter.

And somebody has to get gutshot.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
M O O N that spells bad posting.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
he would have posted on a blog.

probably about drugs and ducktales.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rambling Robot posted:

he would have posted on a blog.

probably about drugs and ducktales.

heh

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Capitalism is saved by an ad-hoc bitcoin mesh network.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lots of people actually love satan now and he's not such a bad guy

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Angela Christine posted:

Capitalism is saved by an ad-hoc bitcoin mesh network.

Now that filthy fiat is dead, bitcoin reigns supreme

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I love to love nadine and buy her krispy kreme

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
Recycling Bin Man

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I wanted to go viral, but not like this! *Vomits up blood, dies and leaves a 3-year old to fend for themself*

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i liked the part where randall flagg was doing backflips and poo poo over the corpse of a weed eater

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i like this thread idea more like this pls goons

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

he would change the payday bar back to milky way bc whats a payday lol

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

statistically like half the cast would start off at a prison like lloyd

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

the trashcan man only knows how to start flamewars of a different kind and loses all relevance to the plot

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

larry makes electronic music and wears a giant foam cartoon head

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

pretty sweet posting iit

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
harold would be a goon

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
We'd get a lovely pop cover of Don't Fear the Reaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
randall flagg, dark man, would not wear a jean jacket. todays american bad boys are not mulleted blue collar billy joel fans who gently caress and do drugs. everybody fucks and does drugs and listens to billy joel now. the subtle allure of not doing what you're told exists only in unemployed full-time consumers of media, and music producer kanye west

• Locked thread