Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

dreadnought posted:

Agreed. I was glad it happened quickly, but I kinda wish it wasn't in there at all. I'm really squeamish when it comes to leg/ankle injuries. Really, the violence throughout was way more brutal than I was expecting (the kitchen fight also stands out).

"That's been in you, I don't think I want it in me..."

Melissa McCarthy is an amazing actress and you should all see this movie. Her character is basically Jane Bond who just happens to not be the societally-correct shape (which gets called out in that bar scene early in the movie).

So many great moments, I can't even pick a favorite. Just about anything involving McCarthy or Statham was gold though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Best moment is that first kill off the balcony. I was in tears laughing so hard.

Yeah that one was great. Just a complete comedy of errors clusterfuck. One thing leads to the next and suddenly "Oh god not on the body, not on the body...." *splatter*

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

jabby posted:

The only thing I remember that got a definite 'ooohh' from my audience was when evil henchwoman got smashed in the crotch with a frying pan.

The knife through the palm got more of a reaction in my theater. Unlike the ankle crack in the first fight sequence (which was pretty squicky itself) it was emphasized with slow-motion and there were several uncomfortable gasps when it happened.

I actually had more of a reaction than either of those late in the film when Cooper sticks her fingers in a mook's mouth, grabs his jaw and flips him, with very distinct neck-breaking crunch as he hits the ground. That whole fight scene was goddamn impressive as hell. Or as it was summed up, 'Holy gently caress.'

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

BioEnchanted posted:

I love the surveillance footage at the beginning of Coopers training, where she takes out the 2 guys sent in to stop her training, just for the reaction from CJ Craig. Just love that "What the gently caress Cooper? :swoon: How come you've been riding a desk for 10 years instead of doing that?"

"I almost put this on YouTube" got a serious laugh from my theatre. :allears:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

dragon_pamcake posted:

My husband loving HATED McCarthy

How does anyone think this :psyduck:

McCarthy is a great actress and has owned every role I've seen her in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Solenna posted:

And Jason Statham being funny was great.

You could tell the guy was having a loving ball with all those schlocky lines.

"Where did this suit come from, you ask? You know I made it."

• Locked thread