Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i love archer but i hope the next season is its last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

Space Ghost: Coast to Coast started this entire re-purposed Hanna Barbera poo poo and it's still the funniest of them all.

I thought it was made by the same guys and your post made me look it up

it's not

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Bob's burgers is the best cartoon on television
this is an excellent post but i bet you fox will cancel it next season

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Y-Hat posted:

this is an excellent post but i bet you fox will cancel it next season

that sucks. bad ratings?

that remidns me tho, im like 1-2 seasons behind on BBs. I like it in a heartwarming sort of way, but I don't find it that funny and don't really feel compelled to watch it unless im really bored and browsing hulu.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Bob's burgers is the best cartoon on television

it's funny. it took a season to hit its stride though. but the humor kinda reminds me of early simpsons. they feel like characters and not stereotypes still

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xaris posted:

that sucks. bad ratings?
i'm not sure if it has bad ratings, but it's been on the 7:30pm Sunday timeslot for most of this season and you can ask futurama fans how well that worked out for them

if it's in that same timeslot next season, i do not have high hopes for its future

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Re: chat about accessibility

You know how cartoon network and nickelodeon have made bank by making children's shows that also "subtly" include jokes for manchildren? That's kind of what Archer is, but for normies and nerds. Like, there's a holo-waifu joke and you may laugh if you know what a waifu is or what the dream of the fisherman's wife is, but you'll also laugh if you merely know that anime exists and remember from school how weird the people who like it are. Or you may not get a reference to a certain movie or notice how how weirdly contradictory all the tech is, but hell, DANGERZONE!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lol do goons think people who aren't working in tech support/programmers have no knowledge of modern technology or have never read a book ro soemthing. its like saved by the bell, except from the opposite pov.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Bob's Burgers does decent for ratings and they keep renewing it. As long as they don't mess with it's timeslot too much, its probably safe for at least a few more seasons.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Archer is cool and good

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this latest season of Archer is hot garbage hth.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Bojack Horsemen

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Phobic Nest posted:

Re: chat about accessibility

You know how cartoon network and nickelodeon have made bank by making children's shows that also "subtly" include jokes for manchildren? That's kind of what Archer is, but for normies and nerds. Like, there's a holo-waifu joke and you may laugh if you know what a waifu is or what the dream of the fisherman's wife is, but you'll also laugh if you merely know that anime exists and remember from school how weird the people who like it are. Or you may not get a reference to a certain movie or notice how how weirdly contradictory all the tech is, but hell, DANGERZONE!

30 Rock included the line "you can't have a Lemon party without old Dick"

i am of the belief that the entire show might have been scaffolding to justify that one line

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

iSheep posted:

Archer Vice was last season dude

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

iSheep posted:

i like it. it's certainly better than the last two seasons

i still think Archer Vice was necessary because it would have sucked to seen it stuck in neutral for another season like it was in season 4. gently caress turning Pam into a one-joke pony tho

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

I liked archer vice more than the previous season. I guess cause it just decided to jump the shark. The formula was getting a bit tired as someone else said.

they should go back to making Sea Labs, imo.

Harald fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 1, 2015

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

seriously, bring back Sea Lab

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Capntastic posted:

Bojack Horsemen

also a good show

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I couldn't get into the show. It's just pointlessly mean and the jokes are bad/repetitive. I do constantly yell at my wife "This is how you get ants!!" any time she leaves an apple core or any food out. I love shows about assholes, can't get enough Always Sunny. And I like cartoons like Venture Brothers and Rick and Morty and can enjoy a Bob's burgers. Archer? I find my self annoyed, mildly offended, or just bored with most of it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I couldn't get into the show. It's just pointlessly mean and the jokes are bad/repetitive. I do constantly yell at my wife "This is how you get ants!!" any time she leaves an apple core or any food out. I love shows about assholes, can't get enough Always Sunny. And I like cartoons like Venture Brothers and Rick and Morty and can enjoy a Bob's burgers. Archer? I find my self annoyed, mildly offended, or just bored with most of it.

this isn't the tumblr thread

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Tsinava posted:

King of the Hill is a good example of one because you don't need to be a nerd to get it, just from the south.

king of the hill takes place in Texas.. not the south you ape

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's pretty unfunny OP.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

JebanyPedal posted:

It's pretty unfunny OP.

I agree with this, and by extension the OP. I think I laughed twice in total watching the series, once at a Pacman Jones joke and another at something else.

mind the walrus posted:

I do make an active effort not to be a snob and I recognize the quality of Archer but well, it is what it is-- an Adult Swim cartoon for jocks instead of burnouts/nerds.

Exact same here.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 1, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

a starwar betamax posted:

What part of the USA is south of Texas?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Baronjutter posted:

What part of the USA is south of Texas?

texas

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Harald posted:

they should go back to making Sea Labs, imo.

harry goz is dead so there's no point

I didn't hate the dude who replaced him but it just wasn't the same

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

:rip:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Capntastic posted:

Bojack Horsemen

THAT loving show is a completely different animal all together

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

south park is generally mediocre but wen it hits it hits hard, the episode where they get high on cat piss and the trip is note for note heavy metal was hilarious

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
ren and stimpy is the best cartoon ever made

except bugs bunny, ok

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

you're right, texas isn't the south

it's even worse

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's impressive how Archer and Bob Belcher have essentially the same voice, but John H Benjamin gives Bob a layer of insecurity and anxiety that sets the character apart.

A true talent

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

right now i can hear one of my roommates watching bob's burgers. a few minutes ago it was the episode with Tina's erotic friend fiction and the debut of Tammy. not sure which episode he's watching at this moment

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

everyone yells terrible show

bobs burgers owns though

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Clifton Privilege
Mar 19, 2015
drat... I wanna go watch old Sealab now, too...

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i like many of the cartoons discussed here.

gonna have to turn in your gbs posting card now buddy, your opinions aren't acerbic enough for this website

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How is rick and morty?

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards

ColoradoCleric posted:

How is rick and morty?

good show watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ColoradoCleric posted:

How is rick and morty?

it is good and fun like all of the other shows mentioned in this topic, friend

• Locked thread