Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
voted 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
trigges? p cool in mo

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress u jonah u :: pos. gillian triggs kicks rear end.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

freebooter posted:

Replacing the Easter bunny with the easter bilby has always pissed me off. You know what else is an introduced species? Us.

ok dude

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thatfatkid posted:

If you work at a bank you deserve to be treated like the human garbage that you are.

ur pretty edgy man very cool stuff

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fruity Gordo posted:

Hmmm weird, looks like you managed to miss this post, friend:

it's poo poo

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh i dont know, what about national Reason not Faith Day

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i got banned posted:

There will be none of that talk here mate

*drinks the blood of christ via transubstantiation*

*cries at macros of the milky with carl sagan quotes in them*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Murodese posted:

Self-plug, here's one of my old papers (http://researchrepository.murdoch.edu.au/13195/1/ethical_Issues_in_peer-to-peer_network_monitoring.pdf) in which we calculated that piracy over a period of 1 year (taking into account the maximum penalty in the US) was worth $24 trillion, or 150% of total US GDP.

nope

are u nigel small

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TG-Chrono posted:

Oh cool, I started work at 6 this morning and on Sunrise they're interviewing a kid named Anzac who is the 5th in his extended family to be named such after their grandfather who was an indigenous Australian soldier and this makes my skin crawl as a returned serviceman this is the toughest time of the year for me and yes I've had 4 coffees already

i worked int he serviec industry too, whats ur opinion on tipping?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fruity Gordo posted:

You know who else made political arguments...

u suck

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fruity Gordo posted:

$250 is cheap as gently caress, which is why I called them grifters. She has to pay board bc she's not a dependent and is living in a publicly owned official residence, and that is a pathetically piddly amount of board.

is that per month? because a lusty rofl at that one

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Graic Gabtar posted:

Yes, there are going to be people who it won't impact. Earlier I suggested they should get slammed with a higher Medicare levy.

i think we should murder everyone in australia and then sink this drat island, as i like to call it, 'oval office'inent, the worst in the universe

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i dont read leunig but i do have a vague sense of boredom and lameness when i bring the word to mind.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dr_rat posted:

Another pro. I just had to spend $22.50 on renewing my L's for another 10 years, as I just use it for ID, and well it had been 10 years now and just expired.

lol get your licence already dude

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
trained dogs attacking feral dogs, how deliciously appropriate

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

true blue citizen im not goin anywhere mate

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Murodese posted:

That's actually a pretty nice summary of Abbott in general, really. Fear and greed.

also of ur sex life

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
'economic science' lmfao

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yo, bros, why is the gst said to be a regressive tax when since it applies to everyone it sounds like it should be an equitable tax. i heard somewhere, clarke and dawe i think, that its regressive bc consumption makes up a great proportion of poor peoples income than highers. how does that work? it doesnt sound obvious to me

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but what counts as living costs. i imagine, for example, that a rich person spends more money on expensive foods, clothing, shelter, etc than a poor person, while allowing for the possibility that relative proportions remain the same. if the rich and poor guy are taxed the same proportion of their income then the net taken in will be greater for the rich guy but the same proportion of his income. what i'm asking about is the details of how exactly it is that a wealthy person pays less proportionally in gst than a poor person, or even just a (lower-)middle-class person. you mentioned shelter--but is shelter subject to gst? i dont think gst is charged on rent, is it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gough Suppressant posted:

Tthere is a baseline of unavoidable costs related to staying alive. Caloric intake, clothing, shelter, utilities etc. These cost the same amount for a poor person and a rich person(actually the baseline cost is less for a rich person because they can afford higher quality things which will last longer, or buy things in bulk at cheaper rates). By applying a flat tax to items such as these, you are imposing the same amount of tax on the poor person as the rich person. If you take $50 from someone who is earning $10k/week, that is barely noticed. If you take $50 from someone who is earning $500/week, that is the majority if not all of their discretionary income.

very interesting especially the bolded bit, thnx

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gough Suppressant posted:

a) as other people have said, the increase in quality of goods is not directly in line with the increase in income. If you earn twice as much as someone, you probably don't spend twice as much on food as them.
b) Even if it were in line with increase in income, the choice of more expensive food is discretionary, the choice of fulfilling a basic caloric and nutritional intake is not.

okay i thought it might have more to do with the distinction between discretionary and necessary spending. because i might be a rich person who pays proportionally more than a poor person in gst because i love renting hookers and having spa parties at expensive resorts sipping the finest champagne i cant appreciate.

i posted what u quoted before i got all those other posts

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jumpingmanjim posted:

And thats why there were income tax cuts and increases to benefits/pensions when the GST was brought in.

income tax cuts in the lower brackets u mean?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
abbott has said that he wont be giving govt money to the metro rail project. this guy just wants to be hated by everyone.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Les Affaires posted:

Imagine a world where GST applied to real estate.

:vince:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
according to sources the true cost of the east west link is incalculable becuase number theory just hasnt gotten that far yet, its just that big.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frogmanv2 posted:

You do realise that stamp duty was supposed to be abolished when they brought in the gst, yeah?

Believing that is like believing the lnp will build rail in wa.

i dont see why we make stamps do anything anymore anyway, i dont even know what their fucken duties are supposed to even be these days.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Graic Gabtar posted:

Just putting it out there. I'm tipping they weren't Buddhists.

yeah, the were probably m...m....mmm....mmmmMMMULSIMS

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jumpingmanjim posted:

stop the boats

stop. them. boats.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Amethyst posted:

There is no longer any need for protests, what with all the silicon chips and such

didnt she do some celeb cooking show/ interview show? i dont remember. anyway shes a pair of designer frames nothing more. may death visit her soon

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Spaceman posted:

From memory Crabb later said she kinda regretted writing that article.

but she wrote it in the first place which proves shes a fucken idiot

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dear friends

im Piss

regards,
x

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Graic Gabtar posted:

Nah, show us some policy. Not some smarmy cherry picked numbers to elevate that smug level a little higher.

"Come to Australia as an illegal asylum seeker! Get a free house!"

Hardly a vote winner Bill.

Show me the Left's policy on how they will solve the tragedy of asylum seekers drowning in the Mediterranean? It's a complex issue. Africa - fifty countries, numerous conflicts, obstacles to movement both political and geographic.

The left seem to know everything. Seems like a perfect opportunity to shine.

lets not pretend you give a poo poo about asylum seekers drowning

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sludge Tank posted:

Wait... is that considered a lot of wine to drink over dinner? I usually put away a couple at least.

Regarding the bestiality thing... I was of the impression that bestiality was an offence only if the animal was found to be suffering, like if you were actually raping a horse in the rear end, as opposed to letting the horse pound you from behind, wwhich I guess the horse is obviously enjoying. I guess it must be different here but I remember reading something about the Mr Hands case over in Washington where they could only prosecute the surviving members of the infamous video for trespassing because it appeared that the horse was actually enjoying himself and was probably not in any great distress or discomfort.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Endman posted:

I'm racist because I admit that Cambodia's relative state in terms of human development (evidenced in the UN report I linked) is lower than ours because white people are responsible for loving with their country.

Okay. Cool.

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.

what is it with you people and telling everyone to kill themselves

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
piss in me like im the village bladder then shoot me into the stars fellow stalinists

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

218 secinds lol gently caress off oval office

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

iajanus posted:

Commas are actually useful in sentences, especially in those claiming to have decent grammatical ability.

i puncutaute accoring to the elizabehtan oratorical period u fucka im a beast of prosody, not a sheep of gramma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

empty quotin this that i dont know what it mean posted:

Adverbs; the only thing worse than verbs. Postmodern utopia, the quest, for perfect truth and righteousness, and everything we know to be good; and just - these things in our Australian hearts. Like the warming wails - of our myriad victims

• Locked thread