Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LeoMarr posted:

Im really disappointed by TPB S9

Actually you're wrong season 9 is a return to form and is way better than season 8. Still not as good as the masterpiece that was season 3 but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Actually you're wrong season 9 is a return to form and is way better than season 8. Still not as good as the masterpiece that was season 3 but whatever.

Agreed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Japanese whisky beats the piss out of Scotch. You are drinking from the wrong dram.

Isn't saying this like...high treason on your island? Some of those distilleries have the royal tramp stamp of approval.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thinkgeek has some good joke items this year

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ilgm/?pfm=HP_Carousel_GameofThronesClue_1

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Whats everyone's experience with VA patient advocacy? I'm waiting on a call back from one hours away from me because mine is out of office for the next couple of weeks.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Isn't saying this like...high treason on your island? Some of those distilleries have the royal tramp stamp of approval.

Only Laphroaig, which is owned by the Japs (Suntory) and only to the Prince of Wales who is the most cunty of the current royal family.

I think Johnnie Walker & Chivas used to have a Royal warrant and both of those produce overpriced toilet water.

If the Royal family wasn't so loving racist they would give a Royal warrant to slopes at Hibiki and Yamazaki

Scotch isn't really Scottish anymore, most of the distilleries are owned by Diagio and people like that.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Whats everyone's experience with VA patient advocacy? I'm waiting on a call back from one hours away from me because mine is out of office for the next couple of weeks.

Like everything with the VA.....

It depends.

The one in my area is great. Pays attention, makes sure he understands the issue and gets poo poo done.

On the other hand I have a few friends elsewhere who might snap one day and :happyelf: their advocate's office.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
This morning my wife had to get up earlier than usual to go to an appointment, so I thought it would be nice to make her breakfast so she could sleep in a little bit longer. I threw together a quick omelet with bacon and some vegetables I had left over in the fridge. I also chopped up a jalapeno and put it in there, washed my hands with soap and water then sat down with her and ate breakfast. After that I get up to piss and I must not have gotten all that capsaicin or whatever off my hand, because god drat did I burn the poo poo out of my dick.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have to use the patient advocate in Albuquerque for my clinic and they have been beyond worthless every time I've tried to get some help. The most they have done for me is when I'm done telling them my problem they transfer me to some other office that isn't able to help. I've pretty much given up trying to get any treatment at my local VA and just use tricare to see a real doctor that is only 30 miles away as opposed to the 60+ for the VA clinic.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Genocide Tendency posted:

Like everything with the VA.....

It depends.

The one in my area is great. Pays attention, makes sure he understands the issue and gets poo poo done.

I tell people that getting into the VA early in your career is a death sentence for your compassion and reliability as a care provider, and the only ones who are worth a drat haven't been beaten down by the system yet.

I know a girl, 25, who wants to work for the VA. I told her not to, because something happens when people begin to work for the VA. I told her to shoot for something in the private sector that accepts Tricare and get her name out to vets and give them a way out of the VA's poo poo system.

What I am saying is, if you had good service in the VA, as you seem to have with pat advocacy, it's probably because these people aren't jaded enough yet to give up and give in.

Working for the VA is on par with marriage. Everyone gets into it with the best of intentions, but statistics show that things are going to be hosed up for you at some point down the road.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My first doctor I had was loving amazing. That's part of why he's now the director of medicine at some small med school in Alabama. He was a funny older guy who had two vet sons and a daughter in law school. We would just shoot the poo poo and he would transcribe everything using dragon natural speaking because he hated typing.

New guy doesn't give a gently caress, doesn't know who I am, and has basically ignored me for months on end. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for the choice program for basic service because the clinic is here in town. I can use it for any outside service, but I have to get him to make a loving appointment, which is next to impossible for some reason.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

rip freaky jaw dude

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cole posted:

I tell people that getting into the VA early in your career is a death sentence for your compassion and reliability as a care provider, and the only ones who are worth a drat haven't been beaten down by the system yet.

I just remembered that hagetaka (gd_american) did VA work study for a little while and how long ago did he die now? Couldn't have been long after work study.

:tinfoil:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Not getting a job with the VA was pretty much the greatest thing that could have happened to me. Dodged one hell of a bullet. Thanks, disorganized internal politics for loving up my offer.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

rip freaky jaw dude

robert zdar is zdead?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

robert zdar is zdead?

died two dayz zago

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The VA doc I got right after getting out way cool as poo poo. Six months later, I got a letter saying she left to pursue "other opportunities," which I can only assume meant "private sector." I don't even know who the gently caress my doc is supposed to be now. Time to start bothering the OEF coordinator so that I can maybe-kinda-sorta-almost get that sleep study done.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
That scene in the Sopranos episode "College" where the priest gives Carmella communion wafer thing it's shot in a way that makes it seem like he is busting Jesus nuts in her mouth.

E: metaphorically speaking

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My doc is alright but she's got the shittiest loving desk jockey nurses I've dealt with in recent memory.

By alright, I mean "it doesn't look cancerous, if it gets worse let us know" type doc, not "it's fine" or "let's get that biposied". Nope; just alright.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Props to nwin on the divorce. Just saw it in the closed thread. Hope you loved that hangover. gently caress port.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRMjjXPiblE

would

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ugh. Went through the wake last night, funeral today. We were lucky that we were able to get everything done before Holy Thursday/Good Friday/Easter.

Wakes are pretty loving horrible, nothing like standing for 4 hours while friends and relatives walk up to you in line crying and telling you how sorry they are.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
This is where the Irish > all.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio posted:

This is where the Irish > all.

this was the polish side, not the irish side, so it makes sense that it was loving retarded

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sorry about your rad dad, dude.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
19-year-old gay dude that was over at my apartment a couple of weeks ago (because his friend wanted to get laid by my roommates) asked me if I want to room with him for the fall. Don't think he knows I'm 12 years his elder...this might be creepy.

Still going to the LGBTQTYUIYMMV-event this friday.

Can i be the social justice rep for Gip? I'll hide my alcoholism as best I can

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

19-year-old gay dude that was over at my apartment a couple of weeks ago (because his friend wanted to get laid by my roommates) asked me if I want to room with him for the fall. Don't think he knows I'm 12 years his elder...this might be creepy.

you should turn that lil twink out

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so i talked to a vietnam vet yesterday who was a marine pilot of i dont loving know what and i learned a few things

hillary clinton is gay and thats why she didnt care about lewenski

hillary clinton caused benghazi

obama is black AND the president and thats why his cousin in new york had to get special training in case he got shot, because hes black (the president)

gas prices are so high only because of the tax and obama caused it

hillary clinton caused the death of 2 drug addicts at some chicken place (tyson?)

and a bunch of other poo poo i tuned out in the 3-4 minutes i had to listen to him

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

so i talked to a vietnam vet yesterday who was a marine pilot of i dont loving know what and i learned a few things

obama is black AND the president and thats why his cousin in new york had to get special training in case he got shot, because hes black (the president)

hillary clinton caused the death of 2 drug addicts at some chicken place (tyson?)

and a bunch of other poo poo i tuned out in the 3-4 minutes i had to listen to him

can confirm all that is true

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
After talking to some drunk dude at Buffalo Wild Wings a week ago, I have it on good authority that not a single woman will vote for Hillary because every self-respecting woman knows she failed at her job of pleasing her man.

Congrats, Jeb

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ded posted:

I was leaving tech school at the end of October 2008. I got in a taxi cab with a guy who informed me that Obama was some sort of communist "seed", and I didn't argue with him because who wants to get kicked out of a cab into a bad part of Gulf Port. Then I paid him for it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
http://gfycat.com/PerkyPeriodicAlligator

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You guys have really got to work on when to tell people to just shut the gently caress up.

Especially if you're being tortured by dipshit cab drivers. You're paying for a ride, not a conversation. Tell that slack-jaw cow/camel/chicken/watermelon fucker to shut the gently caress up or no tip. Peace and goddamn quiet the whole way.

E: cabs. Always get cab license or medallion number of cow/camel/chicken/watermelon/pig fucker and have fun with that too, if good common sense never taught them anything useful. Uber or lyft, good loving luck.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 2, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Not gonna lie I feel like a gay roomate would be an ideal roomate if you weren't homophobic

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Not gonna lie I feel like a gay roomate would be an ideal roomate if you weren't homophobic

clean, can cook a good quiche, gives belting blowies

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

You guys have really got to work on when to tell people to just shut the gently caress up.
I was 19, I didn't know any better.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
I have a 5 millimeter kidney stone.

Fml

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ded posted:

Just another American patriot voicing his opinion on the real issues at hand. :911:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Vietnam vets are the poo poo. Period.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I had no idea that Scott O'Grady was an idiot until some Vietnam vets starting started talking poo poo about him at a vigil I was at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

ded posted:

This is why I don't want to go to the VFW, I am like 99% sure this is how it will be.

Back when I did ER security there was this nam vet cop who would show up at like 6 am at the beginning of his shift to get the free coffee in the EMT room and hang out. He was at our desk and we were just bullshitting about nothing and somehow Palin came up. My buddy said he didnt really like Palin and she seemed kind of dumb. Nothing really bad just that. This guy just goes ape poo poo and starts yelling profanity about it, like in the middle of the ER. "WHO THE gently caress ARE YOU THAT YOU THINK YOURE SO loving SMART???" and so on So me and my buddy ducked out of there and left the morning crew to deal with that.

• Locked thread