Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

THINGS TO DISCUSS

-Kurt Angle is TNA World Heavyweight Champion again after beating Lashley in a really good match that I suggest you watch.

-Ethan Carter III shaved Rockstar Spud's head after a bloody battle that shocked everyone in being a Spud match that was memorable.

-Back on TV in Canada on the Fight Network!

-Gunner's in some kind of B-movie

-Mia Yim shows up on this month's tapings under the name 'Jade'

Impact Wrestling GDT for the next two weeks, due to prior commitments

This month's One Night Only PPV: Hardcore Justice 4 (debuts April 10)

The Revolution vs. the Wolves - Ladder match
Drew Galloway vs. Kenny King - Pipe on a pole match
Gunner vs. Eric Young - Tables match
Havok vs. Gail Kim - Street fight
Abyss vs. Matt Hardy - Monster's Ball
Hardcore Gauntlet Battle Royal
Ethan Carter III vs. Rockstar Spud - First blood match
Bram vs. Tommy Dreamer - Six Sides of Steel
Bobby Lashley vs. Bobby Roode - Last Man Standing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Interview with Jeff Hardy

quote:

Brandon Galvin: Throughout your career you've competed in some of the most high-risk and ground-breaking matches. TNA is often looking to try new types of matches. Is there a different variation or completely new type of stipulation that you think fans would want to see in TNA?

Stipulation as in match wise? There's always room for that. I have an idea but I haven't pushed it yet. I asked the guy in TNA that does the ring work if there was a way to spin the ring like WCW did back in the Universal days. It would spin around so I got to thinking, and I asked if he could put a ring on a thing that would spin to make it go around and around, make it go faster and slow it down. A rotating match to pull off in the future, where you start the match and at a certain time it's going to start to rotate and go faster and faster. If you could pull off spots while the ring is rotating would be awesome in itself. Anything is possible if people are willing to attempt to pull it off and get over the fear of trying. I'm willing to try anything.

I'm already near vomiting at the idea of TNA doing their dumb shaky zooms while the ring is spinning.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
i'd laugh

hope they do it

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm already near vomiting at the idea of TNA doing their dumb shaky zooms while the ring is spinning.
Jeff's back on the drugs again, as if his other ideas (his proposed 'paint vs paint' match with Sting, jumping over a fire and burning his rear end before he was going to Japan, Willow, etc) were any indication.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Imagine TNA

Imagine TNA booked by Jeff Hardy

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Fat Lowtax posted:

Imagine TNA

We Just Need Jeff To Be Head Of Creative.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fat Lowtax posted:

Imagine TNA

Isn't that essentially Omega if Omega had oil money backing it?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

never forget the story of the TLC teams going over spots and ideas for the big ladder match and jeff hardy pitching a bunch of insane nonsense that may not have even been physically possible so everyone ignored him

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Garett Bischoff's profile was finally removed from the TNA roster page. Today is a sad day.

Him and Eric were always set to leave TNA at this very point.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
this company will never loving die will it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

this company will never loving die will it

Just moved to the alumni page.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
need a new bischoff shoot interview

crapping on TNA ideally

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TNA announces the release of TNA. We wish TNA the best in its future endeavors.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Also bring back WCW's ReferEye cameras.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

RZApublican posted:

Also bring back WCW's ReferEye cameras.

They loving did when they "rebooted" the X-Division and did triple threats for all the matches. I'm not imagining this, right? They did it for like one match.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Critical posted:

They loving did when they "rebooted" the X-Division and did triple threats for all the matches. I'm not imagining this, right? They did it for like one match.

Happened once or twice. The X Division has had so many sets of rules.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Perigryn posted:

We Just Need Jeff To Be Head Of Creative.

You say that as if we don't.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Critical posted:

Not only did they do this, but the camera had a yellow tint, so it looked like you were watching the matches through a layer of piss.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Kinda interesting news from the Observer:

quote:

Regarding the idea I’ve written about for TNA to become more of a U.K. based product, there are a couple of problems with that. The first is the cost of flying everyone to the U.K. is much larger than to Orlando and cost of taping is more. Granted, there is a live gate in the U.K. which there isn’t in Orlando. But they have local promoters in the U.K. who help bring them in. While they absolutely could go there more than once a year, it requires people they work with in the U.K. wanting to bring them in. Just the fact they only did three dates on the last tour, because they didn’t draw well in the other arenas the year before, indicates the people they work with only wanted to run a few cities. The other problem is Destination America.

Destination America is calling a lot of the shots with the mentality that they are paying TNA and running so many hours. They don’t know pro wrestling at all, but they didn’t like the idea that on the Destination America channel that the TV was taped outside of America. Since it was only for a few weeks and the plans for those shows as TV tapings went back to before the deal with the station was made, there wasn’t an issue. And they may not have an issue with one tour a year, but it has been made clear they want the show taped most of the time in the U.S. Destination America was also part of the reason for going with Kurt Angle as champion, as they like the idea of their champion being an American gold medalist. They also favor Taryn Terrell as Knockouts champion, because of her look. When you watch the TNA women’s matches, for the most part, the matches are good when Gail Kim is involved, as she’s usually the glue who holds matches together and makes everyone in the ring with her look better.

How is Taryn Terrell in the ring anyway? I think I've seen a grand total of one match she was in since I didn't really watch Smackdown in 2010.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 2, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DA wanting TNA's champions to be the most Aryan-rear end people on the roster regardless of talent is incredible.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

DA wanting TNA's champions to be the most Aryan-rear end people on the roster regardless of talent is incredible.

It's Destination America, not Destination Communist Queen Elizahitlerland.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well Spike was pretty much the MRA Network and they never had TNA make Eric Young one half of the Knockouts Tag Cha....

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There's something hilarious about the very concept, true or not, of Destination America, in honor of America, making the call to take the title belt off a member of the US Army.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a reason why WWE only does 2 UK/European tours a year obviously. All that market can bare and how much the novelty can stretch to. And that's with running with two alternating troupes of talent every six months to keep line ups fresh.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Thauros posted:

How is Taryn Terrell in the ring anyway? I think I've seen a grand total of one match she was in since I didn't really watch Smackdown in 2010.

She's very good, cusp of great. I was shocked when she pulled out a 4-star match with Gail Kim twice in one month.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CaptainYesterday posted:

She's very good, cusp of great. I was shocked when she pulled out a 4-star match with Gail Kim twice in one month.

She's really good at selling but her offense is still mostly terrible. Basically Dolph Ziggler, which is far from the worst thing you can be, but having a great match with Gail isn't a big feat. Her matches with the less talented KO's aren't anywhere close to as good.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Thauros posted:

What if Kurt Angle dies while on tour in the UK? We can't have our most American champion dying in a foreign ring!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Von Erichs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ftlk4xd3w

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

rovert posted:

There's a reason why WWE only does 2 UK/European tours a year obviously. All that market can bare and how much the novelty can stretch to. And that's with running with two alternating troupes of talent every six months to keep line ups fresh.

As a European, I say booo. WWE is in my town in two weeks and that's only happening once every three years or so. I wont be able to go, I'd be thrilled if they (or the competition, nudge nudge) came here more often. That means I would pay to watch the shows.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CaptainYesterday posted:

Her only good matches have been brawls or gimmick matches with Gail Kim. And having a good match with Gail Kim isn't really that much of an accomplishment.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

As a European, I say booo. WWE is in my town in two weeks and that's only happening once every three years or so. I wont be able to go, I'd be thrilled if they (or the competition, nudge nudge) came here more often. That means I would pay to watch the shows.

I get what you're saying but in no way is TNA competition to WWE.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think Jeff mispoke when he talked about the spinning ring, what he meant to say was:

quote:

Anything is possible if people are willing to attempt to pull it off and get over the fear of dying.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA Legend Chyna:

There's rumors about TNA reaching from outside of the company for the next TNA Hall of Fame inductee. Hope to gently caress it is Chyna.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DJExile posted:

I get what you're saying but in no way is TNA competition to WWE.

I was hoping that a TNA intern might read this and report back to Dixie that Europe considers TNA competition for WWE, she'd come here in a heartbeat and I'd get to see Samoa Jo...

No wait, TNA can stay in the US.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rovert posted:

TNA Legend Chyna:

There's rumors about TNA reaching from outside of the company for the next TNA Hall of Fame inductee. Hope to gently caress it is Chyna.

I hope Hemme inducts Chyna and then VKM does a run in

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rovert posted:

TNA Legend Chyna:

when haven't they reached outside the company for their hof?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

I hope Hemme inducts Chyna and then VKM does a run in

I hope they give Chyna a low-rent Terminator entrance

WeaponX posted:

when haven't they reached outside the company for their hof?

Never? Sting, Angle and the Dudleys were all working for TNA when they went in. In the latter case I think they finished up with TNA right after going in but they still count.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 8, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I hope they give Chyna a low-rent Terminator entrance

The HERminator! :cool:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Never? Sting, Angle and the Dudleys were all working for TNA when they went in. In the latter case I think they finished up with TNA right after going in but they still count.

all 3 of those guys had started, gained fame, and peaked as wrestlers in companies that weren't tna (barring bully ray as a solo act) and were put in ahead of even one homegrown, tna, guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WeaponX posted:

all 3 of those guys had started, gained fame, and peaked as wrestlers in companies that weren't tna (barring bully ray as a solo act) and were put in ahead of even one homegrown, tna, guy.

They were still within the company and working matches when they went in though, and by no possible definition did they go 'outside the company'. How many wrestlers would be in the WWE HOF if you took out everyone that started , gained fame, or peaked elsewhere? It's not like the TNA HOF means anything but they at least induct people that are currently working there or have had significant careers with TNA (Angle was in TNA quite a bit longer than his WWE run and Sting will definitely not be in WWE longer than he was with TNA). A guy like AJ probably should have gone in or should go in at some point but when you induct or give awards to a guy who isn't under contract you get stuff like this:

Any wrestling Hall of Fame is just a way to jerk oneself off anyhow so it really doesn't matter, unless it's hilarious like Chyna going in would be.

• Locked thread