Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A vampire dragon wizard otherkin with a gun. Take a drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
This whole thing makes me think that it could be fun (perhaps only briefly but still) for someone to run an actual all-comers tradgames dungeon crawl using the actual old modules and, like, BECMI or a free retroclone or something. Six goons go in the dungeon, as they die new suckers are teleported in by a mysterious wizard wooooo.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

And the red room claims its first victim!

Kai Tave posted:

This whole thing makes me think that it could be fun (perhaps only briefly but still) for someone to run an actual all-comers tradgames dungeon crawl using the actual old modules and, like, BECMI or a free retroclone or something. Six goons go in the dungeon, as they die new suckers are teleported in by a mysterious wizard wooooo.

Well volunteered!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
lol if you think I'm ever running a game.

Congrats on being the first dungeon victim, we salute your bravery and also your hilarious death.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Ettin is a better DM than I've ever had, and I started playing back in the 80s

then again our DMs were either me or some other high school idiot

amazing how much better it is with an adult in charge

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Well shucks :blush:

Heads up: Work is gonna be killing me for a couple days but I will try and make 1-2 posts a day. After that I'll try and speed things up again!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I predict this awesome experimental game thing will still be going in July. And Ettin will be apologizing for how long it's going, while everyone else is secretly or not-so-secretly overjoyed that it's still going.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
drive it until the wheels fall off imo

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Thank you Mr. Roboto for saving me the fate of being the first to gently caress up terminally.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Bushmeister posted:

Thank you Mr. Roboto for saving me the fate of being the first to gently caress up terminally.

If ESCAPE FROM GOON MOUNTAIN keeps running, I'll have to see about sending in another victim.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
If GOON MOUNTAIN doesn't get conquered too quickly, I would love to die horribly inside of it.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I may have renamed a room specifically for Jimothy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

I may have renamed a room specifically for Jimothy.

Not to add more to your workload but Bryn & Sir Aurinkoinen are finished up with the Other Ward and are heading north into (presumably) uncharted territory.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Oh, whoops! It looks like I missed a few people, let me make a new post for em. If I'm still missing anyone after this post let me know.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Okay cool, thanks, I just wasn't sure if you needed anything else from us or not.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

(Technically not) Kalameet! My old foe! :argh:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Siivola, since I took the reins on the last one you wanna do this one? I feel like a smoggy, pollution-y place could use some sunshine (plus it'll give all those steampunk drow an actual excuse for those goggles they're all wearing). After that I have a feeling we're headed to deal with some jerk wizard (probably not the jerk wizard though).

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Ettin posted:

Oh, whoops! It looks like I missed a few people, let me make a new post for em. If I'm still missing anyone after this post let me know.

Jules also needs a thing.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

sentrygun posted:

Jules also needs a thing.

Actually I just realized we're like a step behind you (you just killed a ton of Dram in the Dram Slums, good work, while we just entered the Lower Ward). I dunno if you want to link up or what.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean IF YOU DEFEAT THE SWORDOMANCER that is.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
totally hosed up ADTRW the swordwhizzard, nailed it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Glorious.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm literally a step behind MaliciousOnion. I dunno if he wants to join up and defeat the Red Room with the power of *~Friendship~* or if we should duel each other for the spoils while trying not to die inside. Or if he's just gonna skip it entirely and head south.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm literally a step behind MaliciousOnion. I dunno if he wants to join up and defeat the Red Room with the power of *~Friendship~* or if we should duel each other for the spoils while trying not to die inside. Or if he's just gonna skip it entirely and head south.

You're too late! I'm taking this space ship all the way to the moon, baby.

(I am OK with double-teaming the bridge.)

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
For the record, if two people who aren't working together enter the same blue/red room one after the other, the second guy can attempt to beat it and still get a magic item of his own. I haven't thought hard about what happens if you're working together but I assume you could either both try the room separately (and maybe in red rooms if one person fails the other can sacrifice their reward to make it a pass) or take a single roll for the sake of getting to the exit faster. Or something. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it!

PKing is also fine, then you both roll and the highest wins. I'm not responsible for any angry goons or avatar changes that result though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

Or something. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it!

The essence of true GMing right here.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Disappointed in the lack of backwards-talking little people in these red rooms.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Siivola, since I took the reins on the last one you wanna do this one? I feel like a smoggy, pollution-y place could use some sunshine (plus it'll give all those steampunk drow an actual excuse for those goggles they're all wearing). After that I have a feeling we're headed to deal with some jerk wizard (probably not the jerk wizard though).
Sure, gonna try thinking up something later this afternoon.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FEMTOELF

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

They're like nanoelves but smaller.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
femtoelf

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

UnCO3 posted:

femtoelf

lolllll

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
hehahe

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

UnCO3 posted:

femtoelf

Nah, that's at least two orders of magnitude out. Got to be precise in your S.I. elf notation.

femtoelf

zeptoelf

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Dont know if the dungeon is over, but count me in for a dumb stupid late time all in if everone else is dead!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Can I be a skeleton archer?

Skeleton archers are so loving cool.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Endman posted:

If I can be a farty wizard with Jesse Ventura as a bodyguard I'm pretty sure you can do that

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

gnarlyhotep posted:

If I can be a farty wizard with Jesse Ventura as a bodyguard I'm pretty sure you can do that

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Endman posted:

Shelly's gonna punch it if she see it. Just sayin'.

Skelly-punchers gotta be punchin skellies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Zombie Squared posted:

Dont know if the dungeon is over, but count me in for a dumb stupid late time all in if everone else is dead!

Pretty much me too. I'm really irked that I didn't think to check out this thread on day 1, but I've been enjoying it so far!

• Locked thread