Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Cynical Tyrant posted:

The Mighty Senrab has given us permission to invade his server. We probably shouldn't destroy all their bases and poo poo. But we can establish ourselves on there.

Lets be honest, goons are probably the most interesting thing to happen to a server. Gives people a goal. An enemy.

See, we're helping them, the ungrateful shits.

(What's the server?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynical Tyrant
Jan 30, 2006

How dare you speak to me of the crunch! You know nothing of the crunch. You've never even been to the crunch!
I'm gonna post the info in the stream group.

We can't build on the bridge other than both sides of the bridge and we can't block off the castle.

If nobody is cool with that we can use it as a base of operations until we find another server?

Albis09
Apr 30, 2013

Dead yeti-gain
Game seems fun, don't know if I'll find a lot of time to play though with KF2 being almost out.
Drop me an invite anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061409888

edit: having some serious lag problems, even on the lowest settings. gonna try this again on the weekend, when i'm home on a more powerful pc.

Albis09 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 21, 2015

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Chuck me an invite too, im having trouble finding good servers here. It seems almost every popular community server is like 15 min no rush no raid no crest kill blah bullshit

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996637423

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
some old rust crew here - i'm in!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaskip

edit: Well even on the lowest settings this game seems to lag a TON for me, pretty much unplayable.

Rearden fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 20, 2015

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Rearden posted:

some old rust crew here - i'm in!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaskip

edit: Well even on the lowest settings this game seems to lag a TON for me, pretty much unplayable.

The game is super laggy right now, it makes combat really frustrating. Which is why the most fun you'll probably have at the moment is just raiding dork's bases that they think is impenetrable. Hopefully it gets fixed cuz a lot of the game is really fun.

vermicious
Feb 22, 2010

Who is leaving messages on your answering machine?
After reading through the thread, I am in!
A bit busy this weekend but I will be on when I can

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vermiciousknid_

For some reason my Steam is in Hungarian now. Weird.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Cynical Tyrant posted:

I'm gonna post the info in the stream group.

We can't build on the bridge other than both sides of the bridge and we can't block off the castle.

If nobody is cool with that we can use it as a base of operations until we find another server?

senrab is a perfidious dwarf who violently aggresses himself upon innocent goblins and this sort of brutality will not stand unanswered

Cynical Tyrant
Jan 30, 2006

How dare you speak to me of the crunch! You know nothing of the crunch. You've never even been to the crunch!
A popular streamer on twitch played on that server and now I am popular in that channel (and I have followers on twitch now) for some reason :v:

Cynical Tyrant fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 29, 2015

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Bran Loghair posted:

The game is super laggy right now, it makes combat really frustrating. Which is why the most fun you'll probably have at the moment is just raiding dork's bases that they think is impenetrable. Hopefully it gets fixed cuz a lot of the game is really fun.

Part of this I think is the hackers that spawned thousands of random fireplaces and trebuchets on the official servers. I hopped on a community server last night and instantly got +20fps

Is anyone here hosting their own server? I'm wondering what sort of hardware specifications you need to host this game because I'm looking to turn an old PC into a dedicated home server. I figure 8 Gb RAM and a good processor should be enough? I've got FiOS 100mb up/100mb down internet so I think that should suffice?

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004618743 for invite please

seance snacks fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 29, 2015

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Waiting for the Unity 5 patch with baited breath :ohdear:. I shall return my goblinbros

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Devs tweeted out that they plan on getting the unity 5 update out today.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Oh nice

Well it sucks to lose everything but drat the servers needed a wipe. Hopefully this will bring some people back to official ones that were overrun with hacked items

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Update is out.

Reign of Kings Alpha 12 posted:

This weeks update contains some massive changes. Official servers have been wiped, and you will need to also wipe your community servers after the update due to extensive changes.

We've switched the engine to Unity5 from Unity4. This process took quite sometime, as many key areas changed such as rendering and physics. As a result, you should notice a number of performance improvements. The physics engine is now multi-threaded, and there are additional improvements to the rendering and rendering pipeline. Big bases should now also run much faster, and block LOD's should switch faster due to our own improvements.

We've also incorporated some more anti-hacking features such as fly detection and teleport detection. It is a config option that servers can turn on if they wish. The first ban waves were handed out as well this week, 377 hackers were banned from game via EAC for using a $13 dollar hack. Do not hack or you risk having your account banned from using the game.

Please follow this guide for properly updating your community server, as the save file location has changed:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=435654886

We've also added a few new items, such as the Sawmill, Spinning Wheel, and various Costumes. The Sawmill is a new refining station require to turn wood into lumber. Costumes can be created at the Spinning Wheel along with the banners.

Going forward, we look forward to fixing bugs discovered from this update, working on further anti-cheat systems, and will be working on a decay system for old bases/floating bases that sit dormant on server too long to help clean up servers and further push the time between wipes.

Features:

- Added New Loading Screen wallpaper
- Added Lumber Resource
- Added Sawmill (refines wood into lumber)
- Added Flower, Fern and Hay Armor costumes
- Added Spinning Wheel (used to create costumes, other cloth related items)
- Added hit particle effects/sound effects on all items
- Added Gather sounds to plants missing them
- Added terrain parallax mapping on higher settings
- Added Salvage system. Players can now salvage items outside of crest zones with normal weapons, the harvesting tools are the fastest at salvaging. Be sure to keep your items secure in crest zones

Changes:

- Improved fog in Plague Village
- Sharper UI elements at lower resolutions (720p)
- Terrain material quality option added to settings
- Improved lighting effects
- Updated Plague Village model
- Damaged items now display when holding a Repair Hammer
- Character walking is more snappy, takes slightly longer to accelerate up to a full run.
- Applied smoothing to third person camera.
- Converted ragdolls to use Unity 5 Physics.
- Added optional hack detection systems for flying, teleporting and hovering characters. Can turn on in server config settings.
- Ramps and Stairs now have destruction particles like blocks
- Default lobby menu sorting is now Ping > Name.
- Sorting the lobby by player count now ignores the player limit.
- All items moved into and out of your inventory will now display a counter.
- Improvements to saving the identity of individual items.
- Items will no longer be duplicated when placed into distant containers.
- Empty item stacks now show in your inventory and can be destroyed without rituals.
- Removed the guest permission group since it is now redundant since players cannot play without being registered.
- Moved the save location into the Saves/ folder next to the server exe file. This save location can be configured in the Configuration/ServerSettings.cfg
- Added the option to change the steamAuthentication timeout. If your players are continuously getting the "Failed to authenticate steam" error try increasing this value.
- Improved the logging system for debugging purposes. (disabled by default)
- Added a permission to join a full server. 'codehatch.login.ignore.playerlimit'
- The server name, password, and max players can now be set while the server is running using the /config command. (This updates the values live)

Optimizations:

- Greatly improved 3D tileset LOD changing performance
- New rendering pipeline used, less CPU render time as a result
- Rope performance/stability improvements.

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed a couple memory leaks on the server
- Characters no longer slide down slopes.
- Fixed rain sound pause
- Fixed invisible beach rocks
- Fixed skybox rip on lower draw distances
- Fixed a crash relating to projectiles and terrain
- Nonlocal players should now see blood when hit with a projectile
- Explosion particle effect for trebuchet more consistantly placed
- Can't shoot through items if really close now
- Lord's bed now properly allows you to respawn at it
- Fixed broken players due to capture while disabled because of paging
- Fixed no build zone in Ravens Treasure Tree
- Saving when you finish your First Character Creation is more robust
- Prefabs now face the proper direction when placing
- Well is no longer invincible
- Various audio tweaks/fixes
- God mode now works again for server admins

Design Changes:

- Due to community feedback, removed melee swing movement slowdown
- Blocks and prefab under 90% health cannot no longer be picked up. You will have to repair them first.
- You can no longer build blocks over destroyed block rubble
- Some armor sets (Steel & Iron) did not have proper defense value set on some peices. Should become more protective now.
- Repair Hammer now uses materials to repair and repairs items via swinging at it over time
- Siege weapons now shoot slower
- Made projectiles more consistent in what they hit
- Items held while aiming a ballista are now put away
- You can now only load up to 5 Trebuchet stones at a time in your Trebuchet, used to be infinite amount
- Charcoal is produced faster.
- Fire materials burn for 5 minutes, down from 15.
- Charcoal will now be produced by fires based on fuel, instead of input.
• Trebuchet Stone now siege damages for 500 was (1500)
• Ballista Bolt now siege damages for 60 was (500)
• Cobblestone block had HP increased to 6000 was (4500)
• Reinforced wood had HP increased to 9000 was (6000)
• Stone block had HP increased to 12000 was (9000)
• Iron Door had HP increased to 9000 was (6000)
• Reinforced Wood (Iron) had HP increased to 4500 was (3000)
• Reinforced Wood (Iron) trap had HP increased to 4500 was (3000)
• Reinforced Wood (Steel) had HP increased to 6000 was (4500)
• Stone Arch had HP increased to 12000 was (9000)
• Iron Gate had HP increased to 15000 was (12000)
• Reinforced Wood (Iron) had HP increased to 12000 was (9000)
• Iron Bar Window had HP increased to 9000 was (6000)
• Stone Slit Window had HP increased to 12000 was (9000)
• Iron Crest had HP increased to 3000 was (1000)
• Leather Crest had HP increased to 1500 was (500)
• Steel Crest had HP increased to 6000 was (2000)

• Lumber now replaces wood when crafting the following items:
o Reinforced Wood (Iron) blocks, ramps, stairs
o Steel Chest
o Large Gallows
o Small Gallows
o Deer Head Trophy
o Gazebo
o High Quality Bed
o High Quality Bench
o High Quality Cabinet
o Lord's Bed
o Lord's Large Chair
o Lord's Small Chair
o Medium Quality Bed
o Medium Quality Bench
o Medium Quality Bookcase
o Medium Quality Chair
o Medium Quality Dresser
o Medium Quality Stool
o Medium Quality Table
o Rocking Horse
o Siegeworks
o Ballista
o Trebuchet

Thanks for playing,
- The Code}{atch Team

poo poo ton of changes, lot of this looks really good. Changes to seige weapons and the massive increase in block health will probably need a week or so of play testing to find a happy medium, keep in mind that they want seiges to be multi-man, drawn out, encounters.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Changes look great, now if only I had a non-poo poo server to play on.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Changes look great, now if only I had a non-poo poo server to play on.

Thought Senrab was hosting a server.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Enzer posted:

Thought Senrab was hosting a server.
We are but I just checked the info on the Steam group and noticed that it's passworded. Do people besides us play on this server?

e- It's apparently a whitelist server and I'm not really sure how to get on the whitelist, also I don't know how interested I am in playing if theirs nobody playing on there, I joined some 40 player server titled World War III blah blah and set up stations, smelters, and a crest in my usual north-east spot. Got a set of steel on me, went to pee, came back naked.

The engine improvements so far seem great, haven't had a chance to try combat since the update though.

Lokee fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 2, 2015

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Yeah i've no idea how to get into his server either, but agreed if the population sucks because its password/whitelisted, I'd rather play on one where i can find trouble

Cynical Tyrant
Jan 30, 2006

Theres a section on his group page to get added to the white list. Also I like to cause trouble too so we can join that World war server and stir up poo poo because now if theres no crest down you can clear the whole base of blocks

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Cynical Tyrant posted:

Theres a section on his group page to get added to the white list. Also I like to cause trouble too so we can join that World war server and stir up poo poo because now if theres no crest down you can clear the whole base of blocks

Yeah I have been salvaging uncrested stations like mad :smugdog:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Probably gonna buy this tonight, what's a good server to find friends Goons on?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Don't waste your time with any server that doesn't have a whitelist if you want to accomplish anything. The public servers are good if you want to gently caress around in wood armor with stone weps, but anything of value will quickly be destroyed no matter how much it advertises differently.

Cynical Tyrant
Jan 30, 2006

I'm up for a rolling death squad of goblins after work tonight at 8ish EST

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Don't waste your time with any server that doesn't have a whitelist if you want to accomplish anything. The public servers are good if you want to gently caress around in wood armor with stone weps, but anything of value will quickly be destroyed no matter how much it advertises differently.
I'm not interested in building the coolest penis castle ever; I want to make some kids sorry they ever installed this game. Please direct me to that server and not the former.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Lokee posted:

I'm not interested in building the coolest penis castle ever; I want to make some kids sorry they ever installed this game. Please direct me to that server and not the former.

all those people are on private servers where theyre obsessively protecting their penis castles. the people on open servers are used to hackers insta-killing the whole server population every 30 minutes and won't care about anything you do

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Bran Loghair posted:

all those people are on private servers where theyre obsessively protecting their penis castles. the people on open servers are used to hackers insta-killing the whole server population every 30 minutes and won't care about anything you do
True enough, so how do I get whitelisted?

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Bran Loghair posted:

I haven't run into any hackers since the update on official or private servers....yet anyway. But yeah in general the official servers are bands of people running around indiscriminately KOS'ing. Which I'm fine with, I just need to find a posse so I don't get wreck 3v1 every time.

I've been playing official on Central A2 for now. I'm down to relocate, it doesn't take long to gear up, just spend 30 minutes chucking spears at plague villagers and you can usually get decent starting gear that way.

If anyone wants to get a group going tonight, feel free to send me a friend request: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004618743 I should be on pretty much all night

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Finally did myself the service of going on a RP server and generally loving poo poo up there, those no kos folks have no idea how to build a secure base. Also loving the new salvage mechanics; NONE OF YOUR STATIONS ARE SAFE :getin:.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Me and a couple of friends are having a really good time on the official servers. We're on Codehatch EU Central E2 if anyone cares to join. No hackers to speak of as of yet, and the pubs on the official servers seem to be even worse at base design and fighting than the community server ones. In our first day we charged straight into three bases because the idiots left their front door open while they were inside, managed to break through the ceilings/doors of another 10 or so wooden bases, and then into two full stone bases who had double thick stone walls, iron doors, a wood ceiling, and 500 stone blocks inside their chests that they could have replaced their ceiling with??????

The last stone base guy actually managed to sneak into his base while we were inside stealing everything that wasn't nailed down and he managed to get some stone blocks and trap us in the hole we made, then replaced all of the wood ceiling with stone so we were entombed. The little poo poo started getting really cocky about it too. Repeat some cat and mouse game over the next hour, where we keep getting out and he keeps respawning, running back and blocking us in. We bring a ballista in to destroy the stone covering his crest and he comes back again. Luckily we still had a friend outside who shackled him, and then kept him in a cage while we destroyed his crest, he was forced to watch while we stripped every single block and item from his base.

He didn't log back in after that one.

Edit: Our friend just messaged to say he was out the base getting some stuff, came back home and we were all dead and everything inside the chests is gone. There are no holes of entry and the crest is still intact. Yay hackers!

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 4, 2015

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Stayed up all night building a goonfort out of stolen materials in some "strict RP" server. Now to get a siege works going so the real fun can begin. In other news, not sleeping before a work day was not one of my better ideas :negative:

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

I also have about 90 treb shot burning a hole in a chest, if anyone's interested in loving up people's days in "[US-East] Strictly Roleplay - No KoS, Active admins" add me on the steam.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I'd love to run around naked with you guys, sign me up! http://steamcommunity.com/id/dylguy90

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
i wanna :getin:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nightvis

edit: After seeing the shitshow that other goon server was in the PGS thread I dropped the money and got you guys somewhere to gently caress around:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720064

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 14, 2015

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Playing it
http://steamcommunity.com/id/23776762347942/

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I started playing on a random community server with a friend and have constructed a what is hopefully something utterly annoying, a big stone keep with a wooden roof.

How is this anything other than stupid? The roof is actually unbroken cobblestone but I built up the walls then capped it with a two thick layer of logs, best case scenario for anyone who gets onto the roof they will find themselves stabbing like five hundred times with a steel greatsword only to achieve nothing, worst case scenario they then find themselves in a hole they cannot get out of without spending forever cutting through another log block.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Patrat posted:

I started playing on a random community server with a friend and have constructed a what is hopefully something utterly annoying, a big stone keep with a wooden roof.

How is this anything other than stupid? The roof is actually unbroken cobblestone but I built up the walls then capped it with a two thick layer of logs, best case scenario for anyone who gets onto the roof they will find themselves stabbing like five hundred times with a steel greatsword only to achieve nothing, worst case scenario they then find themselves in a hole they cannot get out of without spending forever cutting through another log block.

Yeah it's fun. I like to build stone blocks behind my door when I log off. Hope you enjoyed smacking that door down dude.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

I guess I should probably join the dumbass mutant brigade, too.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Desideratus/

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

New goon server that's not actually dead is up, we're using a decoy name to lure pubbies and then dunk on them.
Atm we have 10 people online, this is the first day and number will only go up.
Search for "feudal legends" in the community tab, the server that has dumb "RP" poo poo in it, join that

You can play this dumb game for free :filez:, our server supports it

Add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/23776762347942/ to be in a goon guild and settle in the best spot we got.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Strotski posted:

New goon server that's not actually dead is up, we're using a decoy name to lure pubbies and then dunk on them.
Atm we have 10 people online, this is the first day and number will only go up.
Search for "feudal legends" in the community tab, the server that has dumb "RP" poo poo in it, join that

You can play this dumb game for free :filez:, our server supports it

Add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/23776762347942/ to be in a goon guild and settle in the best spot we got.

The server's not down I just changed it to a honeypot name of "Dragon's Tears", but it's pretty inactive and you do need a full copy of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

That wasn't aimed towards your server in any way, I would've joined yours but I didn't you know changed the name, rip

• Locked thread