Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
What was is specifically about subjugating minorities and poors that attracted you to law enforcement?

Follow up question, fffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Bernard is actually a 14yo Korean girl who's been catfishing us the whole time

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Living the dream.

:smith:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

If a bitty beat me up with these, would it be considered assault or aggravated assault?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/QxvNqdS.jpg :nws:

:stare::fh:

It's only a crime if you complain to somebody.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

SedanChair posted:

I would never call a swat team trained.

ha

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kiryen posted:

It does not create special snowflake categories of protection.

This is what newspaper headlines are for.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Hey British bobbies, does the British regular police training teach how to handle firearms in any way? I know of course that it doesn't teach to use a firearm offensively, but is there anykind of instruction for disabling, unloading and securing one, if found on a scene perhaps? Or is it just left to be for Armed Officers?

For example, if Bernard runs into a pistol during an arrest situation, were you taught how to properly remove magazines from it and such? I know you naturally know how to do it even without specific training for it, but I am more interested if there was official instruction into it?

If Bernard confiscates a pistol he's trained to crush it with his bare hands.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Is Kiryen a whip alt account? These are some reasonable responses to questions and I thought we were just gonna make dick jokes itt lol

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kiryen posted:

No, I'm not anyone's alt. Sorry, should I be making more dick jokes? I'll try to step up my game.

By the way, what happened to Whip? I took the advice to lurk and read some of the older threads in here. Where'd he go?

There was talk about posting this thread in A/T and just holding hands while it drove us all off a cliff. You're good, effort posts are beyond most of us at this point but I don't mind reading rational discussion.

Whip got demodded, took his ball and went home.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Untagged posted:

If society wants me to train more, have the next level degree, work out more, community police more, and do all that other stuff your going to have to pay for it. Training time isn't cheap, colleges are expensive, the gym equipment at my station sucks, and walking a neighborhood foot beat consistently doesn't work when you have five calls holding and supervisors throwing fits over the response time. So if you increase our budget a ton, and hire at least double the cops we have now so we can do all this and still cover calls, I'd be grateful. Until then, welp.

Would doubling personnel cut into my OT :ohdear:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cole posted:

LAPD easy

Rodney King (white people loving up)
Riots
OJ Trial (white people letting you guys get even)
Etc
Etc
Etc

-I'm not a cop

Na, NOPD easy. All that lapd stuff was decades ago and New Orleans holds a proud tradition of being a shithole to this very day. The Feds even came in and forced them into a consent decree that basically says "you guys keep it up & were taking over"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Okay, so why exactly is this allowed to be the case? I mean, in any other industry, this is a clear consequence of inadequate staffing. Terrible work/life balance, lots of overtime, health consequences due to work. We don't pay cops -that- much.

So what's the motivation to keep things this way?

There's your problem. Nobody wants to be the police for the money we get paid so we're staffed by dudes who didn't want to do anything else, or dudes who enjoy the power trip. There's a percentage who do enjoy catching criminals and choose to do it for basically nothing even though they're capable of other things but not too many.

Increase pay and you'll increase applicants, more applicants means more choice as to who gets hired instead of the current "understaffed so we'll take anyone who meets the base qualifications."

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

I dont even understand what I just read

lol the Dakotas are the south of the north.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

They don't have to subtitle Cajuns either, I can understand them perfectly fine :shrug:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

holy poo poo that video :psyduck:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Morning news just played a high res version of the video and it looks like there's a taser cable stretching out between the two as the guy first runs away.

Even if he did grab the taser and you pull and fire a round you've got to be able to justify each one of those rounds & I still don't see how he's a threat, especially by that final shot when the guys like 50 feet away :stare:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

At least they were quick to charge him, if this had turned into another "suspended with pay pending full investigation" you know there would be more riots.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Honestly, I do steal ink pens from the evidence room on like a weekly basis.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

They get stuff wrong so frequently that I'm convinced it's our public information officer screwing up.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hi yes, thanks for taking my post. First time caller, long time listener. Love the show. I heard on Twitter that all cops are bad and racist. Can you confirm/deny? Thanks, I'll just listen to the answers.

HAIL SATAN THE RITUAL WORKED

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

women are seriously the loving worst

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

do you guys maple syrup board people?

How's that torture?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

strawberry syrup is my jam

strawberry jam is my poo poo

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

sounds pretty standard for our justice system. Our judge just sentenced a guy to 60 days in jail time served for felony protection order violation after this guy had literally 20 violations in the last 4 years. Our whole system of government and justice is a goddamn joke. America proves that equality is earned at the barrel of a gun until full communism or the nukes rain down from the heavens bringing scientific justice to all our asses

If I didn't already know you were a communist your opinions on maple syrup would tipped me off.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Anal Crabs Are Bothersome

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Alright guys, confess, which one of you played GTAV too much the night before and did this? http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/14/us/arizona-police-run-over-suspect/index.html?sr=fb041415dashcamarizona11pVODtopLink

wow

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Untagged posted:

We get dispatched to everything that is called in. Even poo poo we shouldn't.

"204 I have a 911 hang up call at 123 Elm Street, on call back they advised it was accidental and they don't need the police."

"10-4 enroute" :suicide:

Also this:

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

All Cops Are Beannieson

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cole posted:

so what happens if you just don't go? do you have to file a report everytime someone calls 911 because their cat got out?

Verbal reprimand, written up, suspension, etc etc

Our 911 has to dispatch all calls and our patrol has to respond to all dispatches. Not every call requires a report thank god.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

why do we even let kids go to school anymore? Send em to the factories.

Exactly, this is why we're losing to china

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bring it on, I'll gladly fly the tranq gun attack helo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

that guy is as black as me aka lily white breh

We go by the one-drop rule though

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Edit: Whoops, slipped into D&D mode, sorry. I'll leave this here as a mark of shame, pretend I said something funny instead.

This is GiP, we'll pretend you said something racist.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

do we know what each officer actually did and how it relates to the charges? All the reports I've seen say that 2 bicycle cops tackled him as he fled and called for a transport van. They stopped at one point to shackle him & then again to pick up another prisoner. A third stop was for the ambulance to transport him to the hospital. We're the other 4 officers all in that transport van???

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Volume posted:

at least three of them are being charged with False Imprisonment and that is a felony.

So are they expected to stop and question the other officers PC before lending a hand in loading a dude into a van?

"Whoa there Rick, I know this guys handcuffed and laying on the ground and needs help getting into that van but before I do anything I'm going to hold an impromptu probable cause hearing right here in the loving street cause no way am I being charged with murder 2 weeks from now when it turns out he only had a pocket knife."

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Volume posted:

It just might be my silly thoughts on how police work but I'd like to think cops are out there to stop crimes. So if they see an illegal arrest happening they should do their cop duties and stop that crime.

Im cool with that but my point is that it's probably not immediately apparent to these secondary officers that any arrest was illegal. It's not standard practice to question a coworkers PC when responding to an assistance call.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Volume posted:

Is it common for charges to be dropped because the perpetrator didn't know it was a crime?

Well in most states it's written as "knowingly restrains another unlawfully" so yea. it's going to be pretty hard to prove that these other officers had any intent to falsely imprison anyone, it seems like their intent was to assist with an arrest.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

To put it another way, police are the only governmental agency and public service available 24 hours a day, everyday, at the touch of a button, for free.

Your fire fighters don't qualify for this?

E: or ems actually. Our ems doesn't charge a dime unless they transport. Our public works dept also runs around at all hours of the night for things like burst water lines or storm debris.

beanieson fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 2, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Uhhhh 4 of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

can we all just agree that slavs/pollocks are the worst white people?

Quick question, do you count Jews as white people?

• Locked thread