Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

After 5 years you burn out on this job but realize you're literally not qualified to do any other job except Walmart greeter so you stay here for another 15 years being miserable until you retire and die a few years later due to liver cirrhosis or heart failure because of years of McDonald's and sedentary living.

Living the dream.

Or you do what I did at the 5 year mark - quit, go to grad school, have a blast, work in the private sector for a bit.

Then I hosed up and decided I missed it and came back.

At least I'm not in uniform any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Untagged posted:

i located your problem

hope this helps

Lol. Funny cuz its true.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hi yes, thanks for taking my post. First time caller, long time listener. Love the show. I heard on Twitter that all cops are bad and racist. Can you confirm/deny? Thanks, I'll just listen to the answers.

Oh hi there, friend

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im the guy blowing past you doing 18 over the limit

Tyro fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 23, 2015

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Phuzzy posted:

I was recently at a retirement ceremony for one of the dogs from the local sheriff's department. As part of the ceremony, the dog was allowed to have a piece of cake. The dogs are pretty much trained from forever not to do that, so when it came time to get the photo op of the dog eating the cake he repeatedly looked up at his handler like 'are you sure? are you sure I can have cake?' And then the cake was inhaled in one go, and he was off to the races trying to sniff out All Of The Cake Forever.

Yessssss more dogge stories.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I got to help train (read as: play hide and go seek in a parking garage) a military working dog last year. That was p cool I guess.

Also once in a foot chase in the woods when I was in patrol, my coworker said some poo poo like "come out or I will release the (nonexistent) dog!" My supervisor who was with him did his best barking dog impression and the idiots came out of the woods. And one promptly told the other "I told you it was a trick!"

Good times.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Phuzzy posted:

Here have a potato phone picture of the Dogge eating cake

You are my new favorite poster!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

JayKay posted:

Cops, how do you feel about plaid?

All plaid all the time.

Occasionally I'll wear a polo shirt or something.

But mostly plaid.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

20 and out pension

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

JayKay posted:

Nandos Peri-Peri? We have them here, and they're p good.

Nando's owns. Plus they made one of my favorite commercials of all time a few years ago. https://youtu.be/PYnL5oUePM8

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Hezzy posted:

i turn 28 in nov and i am starting to feel quite old

Just wait, it only gets worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Have fun with that.

• Locked thread