Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

If a bitty beat me up with these, would it be considered assault or aggravated assault?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/QxvNqdS.jpg :nws:

Sexual assault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my rural town, the only law enforcement is the County Sherrif, who usually doesn't patrol our area except during large events due to being so out of the way, and then there's the CHP and the National Park Rangers.

The Rangers usually only ever give out tickets for illegal firewood gathering or campfires without a permit, but sometimes they give people speeding tickets on national forest roads and that's always funny to hear people whine about.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Bravo posted:

"Dispatch, call off the PD. These guys look like pussies, I think we can take them."

I did ridealongs with a paid department in rural California and I can confirm this.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm like 90% sure sternum rubs are standard procedure for checking if someone is responsive to pain or not

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What kind of a dick just drives by and records that poor cop instead of giving him a hand.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't that part of the reason some states/western countries are pushing to make toy guns be clear plastic and also have an orange tip. At least that's the reason I heard for California trying (succeeding?) to do that.

But anyway I was just thinking today how everyone in my shithole rural hometown hates copes despite the sherrif only showing up maybe twice a month at the most. Are there any county sherrif's in this thread. Is that a mostly rural area only thing or is that just everywhere and I'm the weird one for not hating police officers automatically.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:agesilaus: but with a marine helmet on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Durrr hah ha cops dont make a positive impact. I'm 30 and have never been pulled over but have written 10000 words about cops on the internet.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The number of medics who like to blur the lines between medical care and fistfight with drunks while on duty is awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He might lose his street cred as a junkie piece of poo poo if he cooperates with the 5-0 though. Gotta think about that guys.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it considered weird to wear your vest daily. I remember one rear end in a top hat lady deputy always wearing a flak vest that looked like it was way too big for her, and I never saw any other deputy from any of the nearby counties wear one.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its not like he was using it to stalk his ex-wife or something

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cole posted:

I dunno but you would probably think I was weird if I said I'm getting Italian and got like... A Dominos pizza or something.

That's how I see it when people call chipotle mexican.

I know people who insist that Taco Bell is Mexican and I live in California. People are just retarded

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Got told by a South African buddy of mine that when they wanted to clear a whole nightclub out because there had been a fight or the owner hadn't paid the local Police Chief to stay open that they would empty several cans of CS gas in to the air conditioning intakes on the club roof and watch everyone pour outside.

I wish he would get an account and post about his time in the Police over there, some of his stories are pant-shittingly scary and he was from the *nice part of SA*

I'm slowly starting to the think the universe from Chappie where South Africa pays millions for police droids because people keep shooting RPGs and poo poo at cops is pretty much just 10 years from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Troika- posted:

How do any of you catch those annoying fucks on unmuffled crotchrockets who zoom up and down the streets at 3 AM? Just take their license plate and get them at home later, or what?

Black rope across the street

• Locked thread