Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I see the new thread is off to a nice angry start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

If you pull someone over who has a CCW and they're up front and polite about the whole thing, are you more likely to give them a ticket? Someone suggested the cop would be sufficiently upset about the whole thing that they would be more likely to give you a ticket, but my impression was more that they probably wouldn't even take the firearm unless they had a reason to, and wouldn't be more inclined to demand a search or whatever.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Yeah, it's straight up murder and I've only seen one person arguing otherwise.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

cool tree bro posted:

What do I do when cops are on both shoulders of a two lane road and there is a law in my state saying you have to pull into a lane 1 over from stopped emergency vehicles? I'm asking because this happened and I just stayed in my lane but they could've given me a ticket if they cared?

Am I supposed to come to a complete stop on a 65mph road?

Slow down and don't hit anyone. You only need to stop if they're outright telling you to stop. Disclaimer: not a cop, just dealt with that situation a bunch with winter wrecks around here.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Australian crime is the best crime

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...v-1226951392106

To make this have a question, how many bullets would he have received in the US? All of them?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I thought he was killed in the line of doodie

like poop

died pooping is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Ok, actual question. A friend of mine got rear ended today. No damage, no injuries. He was all pissed off and wanted to call the police.

1.) Would the dispatcher actually send an officer?
2.) Would the officer even take a report?
3.) If the answer is "Yes" to #1 and #2, how annoyed would the officer be? Again, no damage to either car, no injuries at all.

Edit: Madison, WI, population ~250k, in case that makes a difference.

ssb fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 23, 2015

• Locked thread