Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Countblanc posted:

i have no idea who that is but "goons lmao!!" is basically the least funny thing in TYOOL 2015

The truth is rarely funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I made fun of onto in a chat thread a while ago and he appeared to quote me.

I haven't slept since.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

you want to throw down motherfucker?

*in lu bu voice* show me what you got!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

frankenfreak posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > [GURPS] The Great Quantum Leap Forward Recruitment

Ontological Zombie
May 23, 2007

"It is the end... but the moment
has been prepared
for."

The Great Quantum Leap Forward is a GURPS game for five or six players set in near future Something Awful. The players are normal goons who got shifted through time forward to the year 2015. Things are have changed - some a little, some a lot. You missed the rise and fall of Helldump and Laissez Faire and arrive in a world of New GBS and Let's Play where Traditional Games is a discussion forum and the actual games are hidden even deeper in the forums' hierarchy. Oh, a Lowtax has gone missing.

Characters have to be built on 75 points and are normal, everyday goons, so no supernatural or exotic advantages/disadvantages. I'd prefer you stick to the Basic Set, but if it makes sense for your character to have something from other books, pass it by me.

Make sure your character has a realistic spread of skills. Some professional skills, some everyday life skills (Driving, Cooking etc.), some hobbies etc. Gear is limited to what your character is carrying, any unspent wealth is in the character's bank account which will not be accessible immediately on arrival in the future.

I don't mind making your characters something like a caricature of goon stereotypes (or invented stereotypes from 2015!). This isn't meant to be a super serious game after all.

This game is a good opportunity for GURPS newbies to learn the system! Vets are welcome, too, of course.

Do you have him chained up in your basement or something?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I remember Onto. He'd start up five games and started to drop them when he got bored. Meanwhile, he'd start up more new games.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol i somehow missed "and the actual games are hidden". lmaoooooooo

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

DocBubonic posted:

I remember Onto. He'd start up five games and started to drop them when he got bored. Meanwhile, he'd start up more new games.

:thejoke:

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Countblanc posted:

you want to throw down motherfucker?

goons lmao!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

May chat thread is up!

Dec 26, 2012

That's why I keep laughing!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sod off, it's not midnight.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

That's why I keep laughing!
I think you mean it May be why you keep laughing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's midnight on the Zybourne Clock.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Right, it's well past.