Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

We're not going to write your list of 100 hilarious jokes for you, FAU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

:monocle:

You'd think they'd just have some real ones "fall off the back of the truck" or something.

That was what happened with the DBZ/GT CCG, actually, and I think one other game done by the same company.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 18, 2015

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Zurui posted:

The critical error in the "WotC only cares about 15-year-olds" argument is that teenagers aren't the one cracking boxes/cases for chase rares. Only idiots think Wizards doesn't have extensive knowledge of all segments of their customer base, up to and including the impacts of the secondary market. The Spike/Timmy/Johnny thing is applied market research that they design sets around, not some kind of gaming alignment axis.

They have always been quite consistent in saying most of their money comes from sales to noncompetitive players. Even if they don't individually crack cases, there are so many more of them that it dwarfs the stuff opened by the case for the secondary market.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ningyou posted:

so for a fleeting moment i saw that your post said "40 year old god/man" and i'm just gonna proceed from the assumption that that wasn't a hallucination bc it really leaves me wondering like how does a god jack it and why

like aren't deities beyond the limitations and frailties of the flesh

if a god assumed the form of some puppet-body for the purposes of jackin' it wouldn't that just be like feeling up a disconcertingly detailed mannequin existing outside itself even as the god tries to pretend that the body is part of its grand whole like what would be the point

Mesopotamian myth is full of deities jacking it, that's how the rivers happened.

• Locked thread