Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Worth a try. I'd be in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lets have a noheroes noupkeep tournament

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sappers and shredders only

that includes clearing the camp in front of the goblin lab

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

are there custom maps that add the dota heroes to the normal war3 maps

techies/sappers only

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
If play if it's a real game, even a 12 man FFA, but good luck trying to get everyone online at the same time. I haven't played in a while, if anyone actually ladders anymore they'd dominate no matter what the style I think.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't 1v1'd for like 3 years but I still know all the creep routes on Terenas Stand and Turtle Rock like the back of my hand.

I miss war3 at wcg :sigh:

I'll play if I can find/buy some cd keys and if my schedule works. Prefer ladder play with low player count but v:shobon:v.

Also we should 1v1 but have it only be night elf mirrors on terenas stand for no good reason i promise.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 3, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'd love to play this. Team is better than 1v1 for me, but I'm fine with either.

Krut Etarieht
Mar 7, 2015
ok if any smart nerd knows how to configure WC3 so that it has a grid layout AND you can hotkey the hero items so you dont have to use the numpad, I will be forever grateful

Using warkeys or whatever

thanks guys :)

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

http://www.autohotkey.com/

it's very easy to use

old man on a horse
Dec 27, 2014

I don't waste my magic on just anything
I use keyboard to move my camera in dota 2. am I allowed in?

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

just posting here so you may view my avatar. it is the best war3 avatar. bye

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Blinn posted:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Blinn posted:

If we do a game will you song cast it?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I vote you force people to play a dota map but a really obscure one no one knows.
Like ToB or something.

That or a random selection of the worst possible hero arena maps.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one of the anime arena ones

my favorite is the one where pudge is just there

like it's just a bunch of sexc anime babes, sephiroth, goku, and pudge

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I'd play a 2v2 tourney where on each team one player is bad (that's me) and one player is good.

I haven't played ladder since a month after TFT release so you know I'm being honest when I say I'm bad.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

time for a joke posted:

edit: undead is universally known as the weakest 1v1 race

Kunt.roii here, glad to see you can finally admit to the truth...

I am feeling some castlefight myself, but I would be down for some ffa type things. We'll see if I can manage to find my cdkeys lying around

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I'll beat you all at Angel Arena

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Endorph posted:

one of the anime arena ones

my favorite is the one where pudge is just there

like it's just a bunch of sexc anime babes, sephiroth, goku, and pudge

Pudge, the eternal anime hero.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

You can get way more obscure than tides of blood.

The bestworst were the naruto/dbz ones just to see what mangled abominations people used for their custom hero models

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The bestworst were the naruto/dbz ones just to see what mangled abominations people used for their custom hero models

I vote everyone plays Bleach Vs. Naruto. Vs. One Piece, the greatest MOBA to ever be made.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNsSdRQnVfk!!!!!!!!!!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah but IIRC ToB was really well built but even more mechanically dense and needlessly complicated than DotA. Also I remember it could be loving long, like 60min was the norm for rounds or something.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Was Tides of Blood the one with like the Gargoyle hero with a death laser and smashed into dudes with stone form? That was rad.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
Where can i buy this for less than $20

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Anatharon posted:

Was Tides of Blood the one with like the Gargoyle hero with a death laser and smashed into dudes with stone form? That was rad.

I think that was ToB or EotA. EotA was great because it had a character who's gimmick was that he stunned you and caused you to drop random piles of your money everywhere along with a randomly generated consumable. It also had lots of LoL style stat scaling so that was a thing I guess.

Krut Etarieht
Mar 7, 2015

liquidfire posted:

you can buy digital copies at battle.net and add them to your account. You then download the installers. Alternatively you can add CD Keys to your account and download the games digitally.

Not sure how much it costs in dollars to buy the games new but it's not expensive

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Anatharon posted:

It was the one with the admiral hero and I forget if it was his ultimate or someone else's but it was basically a 1 shot instant kill on a 8 minute cooldown or something silly like that

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

liquidfire posted:

As above poster said it's I think $20 for both on battle.net, and if you can find any stores (Best Buy/Target) that still have them on the shelves it'd be twenty bucks there too and come with the strategy guides. It's twenty on Amazon too. Basically it's twenty bucks anywhere to be really really savagely beaten at an old video game everyone figured out how to improve at but me

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it's a good game still and is worth $20 but i wish blizzard would lower the price already

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
when the d2 battle chest is also still $20...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it used to be 40 bucks on battle.net

but yeah hacking the price to $10 and maybe giving you a mount in wow if you buy it would be cool. might breathe a bit of life into the community.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Endorph posted:

it used to be 40 bucks on battle.net

but yeah hacking the price to $10 and maybe giving you a mount in wow if you buy it would be cool. might breathe a bit of life into the community.

This would be entirely good for people who like fun and for their proud devs if any remain from WCIII, but totally against the modern gaming market of hyping up your new garbage TF2 or Dota clone and selling merchandise for it before the game is finished being made

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Give you a skin for the main war 3 heroes in HotS if you buy wc3. Boom, money.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I think that was ToB or EotA. EotA was great because it had a character who's gimmick was that he stunned you and caused you to drop random piles of your money everywhere along with a randomly generated consumable. It also had lots of LoL style stat scaling so that was a thing I guess.

Yeah I think it was EotA.

Nasgate posted:

Give you a skin for the main war 3 heroes in HotS if you buy wc3. Boom, money.

The skins are like 20 bucks each though lmao

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
I'd be so down for a 1v1 tourney, but teams or whatever is cool, too. I haven't play War3 in nearly 5 years! Count me in.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Basically you have to play enfos map at least once.

Any of the life of a peasant maps.

Wildcard suggestion: the one battle royale style map where you can play various heroes with differing abilities.

Edit: battle royale redone v8

LEGO Genetics fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Apr 6, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What was that topdown shooter? It was some sort of word-for-destruction tournament. That game owned.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'll craft some War. I discovered last year I just can't move my hands as quickly as I could when I was 16 :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sheep vs rabbits is secretly one of the best custom maps ever

randomheroes some other options i forget

1v1 actually seems very :effort: cuz the map pool is so stupid

*cough* gnoll wood and lost temple in 1v1 ladder pool *cough*

• Locked thread