Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I don't like it when good players leave Tampa Bay, because it's sort of like that episode of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" when the girl breaks that young dudes machine thingy and it turns out he's actually an old man who is not as young as he appears. For St. Louis and Lecavalier, when they left, it's like they are not as good as we thought they were, and it's kind of sad.

On the plus side, at least MSL has 1000 points. I remember people arguing he would never make it into the HHOF a bunch of years ago because he would probably never hit 1000. Oh wait, this was HFBoards, nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Wonderllama posted:

:laffo: at MSL on the third line.

to clarify, not :laffo: at the Rangers, because that's probably where he belongs, but to MSL who was probably guaranteed first line minutes and 70+ points a year until he retired in Tampa.

Lundqvist will play 70+ games in the regular season, and he's a hell of a player too. This coach is great about not wearing guys down, especially after an Olympic year in which they went to the finals. That's also why, since they've clinched, Tanner Glass is playing 15 minutes per night.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Twin Cinema posted:

I don't like it when good players leave Tampa Bay, because it's sort of like that episode of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" when the girl breaks that young dudes machine thingy and it turns out he's actually an old man who is not as young as he appears. For St. Louis and Lecavalier, when they left, it's like they are not as good as we thought they were, and it's kind of sad.

On the plus side, at least MSL has 1000 points. I remember people arguing he would never make it into the HHOF a bunch of years ago because he would probably never hit 1000. Oh wait, this was HFBoards, nevermind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kfrw-s3x24

MSL has been pretty good as a Ranger

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Who said that? His first practice was like, yesterday.

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 34m34 minutes ago
Yeo said it's up to Matt Cooke's conditioning, but Tuesday at #blackhawks is a "realistic goal" for a return from sports hernia #mnwild

i hope he has a horrible setback due to chronic diarrhea

e: really, though, i can't think of anything worse than matt cooke out there trying to prove he needs to be in the lineup.

Trevor Bird fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 2, 2015

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

LmaoTheKid posted:

The way AV rolls his lines this really doesn't matter.

Yeah it's basically 3 first lines and the one that's playing the best that night gets the most icetime. And then the 4th line which still gets a lot of icetime even though Tanner Glass plays on it :argh:

St Louis has been pretty decent but I think without the heavy minutes yeah he's not going to hit the points marks he used to. Hopefully this injury actually let him rest a bit and playing with Hayes will get him going. I often feel he just needs to shoot the goddamn puck more often because he'll try to dink around with it and make bad passes instead of putting it on net. Hopefully with Hayes controlling the puck more often St Louis will feel more like shooting

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

onemillionzombies posted:

Well Keith once tried to assassinate Cooke with his own finishing move, so there's that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XiTS8NjNao

Keith's a dick and people kind of forget that at times but goddamn do I love seeing Cooke get absolutely wrecked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNruhwoxdkU

Bonus Avery taunting!

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Good news everyone: John Scott is practicing as a defenseman today

:scott:

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Keith's a dick and people kind of forget that at times but goddamn do I love seeing Cooke get absolutely wrecked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNruhwoxdkU

Bonus Avery taunting!

http://imgur.com/B9EfoNZ then you'll enjoy weber beating the hell out of him earlier this year :v:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

tofes posted:

Welp everyone in San Jose has gone off the deep end

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Wonderllama posted:

:laffo: at MSL on the third line.

to clarify, not :laffo: at the Rangers, because that's probably where he belongs, but to MSL who was probably guaranteed first line minutes and 70+ points a year until he retired in Tampa.

I'm sure he's quite broken up about playing third line for probably the best team in the east

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

larkko posted:

Should be 3 for a regulation win, 2 for wins in ot or so 1 for so and ot losses and 0 for regulation losses. Wonder if there's any hard swings if you make that adjustment.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm sure he's quite broken up about playing third line for probably the best team in the east

Well he could be getting first line minutes on what's probably the best or second best team in the East...

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Levitate posted:

St Louis has been pretty decent but I think without the heavy minutes yeah he's not going to hit the points marks he used to.

He'll hit the same points mark in the same number of minutes, it'll just take him an extra 15-20 playoff games.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The Kings are worse than Tank Wars bad in overtime. The thing that literally got them the Cup last year.

That is a perverse and disgusting form of magnificent.

Also lol Buffalo and Arizona having half the qualifying standings value.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Two year extension for Lander, 987k AAV

:hellyeah:

e: LA extends Pearson 1 year 1.4m

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Sir Unimaginative posted:

The Kings are worse than Tank Wars bad in overtime. The thing that literally got them the Cup last year.

That is a perverse and disgusting form of magnificent.

So...angry...:argh:

I guess they know when to turn it on and when it's not needed. At least until it costs them a spot in the playoffs

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Trevor Bird posted:

http://imgur.com/B9EfoNZ then you'll enjoy weber beating the hell out of him earlier this year :v:

That's wonderful. The face of a shithead realizing he's pissed off a star bad enough to actually pummel him is priceless. It reminds me exactly of Thornton punking Ott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0DomVGAM9E

This makes me sad knowing that Thornton's not in the playoffs. Whenever the Rangers choke each year I basically root for him to get a ring. He's easily been a top 5 center over the past decade but gets so much poo poo. Not to mention the dude is basically a gigantic hilarious stoner

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 2, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Nope, Keith did a cute video with a little girl so now he's teflon when it comes to dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVXsnMV4jVQ

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

tofes posted:

That emoticon is getting way more use than I would have expected.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

THE MACHO MAN posted:

that Seth Jones one it looks like Vrbata hit an invisible pole or something

ah so thats why no one's seen wojtek wolski around lately

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
player emoticon inventory:

Martin Havlat - :havlat:
John Scott - :scott:
Mike Smith :smith:

am i missing any?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Gonchar - :gonchar:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

grack posted:

John Scott is getting way more use than I would have expected.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
:manning: remains the best, in my opinion

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Trevor Bird posted:

I don't know how I didn't see this before but I could watch it over and over for hours.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

JoelJoel posted:

John Scott is getting way more use than I would have expected.

:negative:

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

grack posted:

3 goals on the season :scott:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

holy good crap I did not realize Zajac only has 23 points this year and is on year 2 of an 8 year deal worth $5.75 mill per year

what the gently caress

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Wonderllama posted:

am i missing any?

Nyquist :ducksiren:

:getin:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Wonderllama posted:

am i missing any?

I'm repurposing :burger:

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
8.3 points for a Regulation Win (this is what everyone wants, right)
7 points for an OT Win (4v4 is kind of a copout but at least you didn't make us watch the shootout)
1.4 points for an OT Loss (dude you lose. I wanted to give you zero points but then how do I punish shootouts?)
0 points for a Shootout Win (yay you won a stupid contest)
-28 points for a Shootout Loss (wtf you made me watch that whole thing and you can't even beat Marc-Andre Fleury? gently caress you. -28)

Blue teams are playoff teams. Green ones are wildcard.

I think this does the best job of giving the fans what they want. No Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh and no Pekka Rinne to ruin everyone's fun.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

tofes posted:

3 goals on the season :scott:

More goals than Joffrey Lupul since December 25.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Levitate posted:

holy good crap I did not realize Zajac only has 23 points this year and is on year 2 of an 8 year deal worth $5.75 mill per year

what the gently caress

He's like a slower version of Gomez with way better defensive skills. He does not shoot a lot, isn't put it in the chest bad like Gomez, but his lines always generate good corsi numbers. Even pre advanced stats days I always thought he was one of those 2nd liner playmakers totaly dependent on having good linemates but I did not think finish the season with 25 points bad.

But yeah that deal bad.

On that note, I have no idea why the Devils didn't move Gomez for a pick. he has 33 points in 51 games. That ain't half shabby for a guy who everyone figured was done three years ago, even with sheltered minutes.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Levitate posted:

what the gently caress

zajac is, or at least was prior to this year, a really good corsi player whose point production is always more decent second liner type, which leads to the question of to what degree possession without it ever showing up on your regular stats actually is significant and valuable (see, for example, the depth players the oilers brought in last summer because of their corsi stats). also the whole devils team under deboer was pretty much good to really good possession without ever scoring because they played a really good possession system under him, but the roster is mostly awful.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

Spamtron7000 posted:

8.3 points for a Regulation Win (this is what everyone wants, right)
7 points for an OT Win (4v4 is kind of a copout but at least you didn't make us watch the shootout)
1.4 points for an OT Loss (dude you lose. I wanted to give you zero points but then how do I punish shootouts?)
0 points for a Shootout Win (yay you won a stupid contest)
-28 points for a Shootout Loss (wtf you made me watch that whole thing and you can't even beat Marc-Andre Fleury? gently caress you. -28)

Blue teams are playoff teams. Green ones are wildcard.

I think this does the best job of giving the fans what they want. No Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh and no Pekka Rinne to ruin everyone's fun.

You're doing the Lords work here my friend :clomp:

e: Although Wpg would be in over LA
2e: and Pitt over Ott :(

GoonGPT fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 2, 2015

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

THE MACHO MAN posted:

He's like a slower version of Gomez with way better defensive skills. He does not shoot a lot, isn't put it in the chest bad like Gomez, but his lines always generate good corsi numbers. Even pre advanced stats days I always thought he was one of those 2nd liner playmakers totaly dependent on having good linemates but I did not think finish the season with 25 points bad.

But yeah that deal bad.

On that note, I have no idea why the Devils didn't move Gomez for a pick. he has 33 points in 51 games. That ain't half shabby for a guy who everyone figured was done three years ago, even with sheltered minutes.

Yeah you rag on Gomez and then note he has 10 more points than Zajac in fewer games.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

4 games for Byfuglien. I'm legitimately surprised it's that many, given the Quintal era.

E: DoPS video

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
down go the jets playoff hopes

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

haha so he's eligible to come back on the last game of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

THE MACHO MAN posted:

But yeah that deal bad.

Gomez made it abundantly clear NJ is the only team he's gonna play well for.

• Locked thread