Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
This is the month of the draft, meaning the start of the regular season is only 55 months away. Here's a good link to get us going http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-reveal-NEW-logo-for-2015/bee575b1-a6cb-48b1-a5b6-e65be3939058

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thunderdome, may the best N/V thread win

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
This must be re-posted: the Bill Belichick Offseason Simulator http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/31/7979801/bill-belichick-offseason-simulator

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

was going to roll with the other thread but this converted me

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah kinda wanna stick with this. Like I'll stick by miami if they do something mind numbingly retarded like draft a track star 14th overall

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Superior thread title wins.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yep I'm here now. gently caress that other thread.

Hail satan!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Here have some news

quote:

Rob Housler - TE - Free Agent
Free agent TE Rob Housler will visit the Bengals Thursday.
The Bengals and Ravens are in talks with Housler, who is expected to sign with a team by the end of the week. Housler would be a No. 2 tight end in Cincinnati behind Tyler Eifert. The Browns and Falcons also remain in the mix.

and other news

quote:

Stefen Wisniewski - C - Free Agent
Free agent C Stefen Wisniewski visited with the Patriots this week.
Recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, Wisniewski has met with multiple teams but remains on the open market. He could have to settle for less than the $4M annually he's reportedly seeking. With Bryan Stork entrenched at center, Wisniewski would likely move to guard in New England. The Bucs, Seattle, and the Bears have also been linked to Wisniewski.
It's weird to me that Wiz is the best free agent at his position but he still hasn't signed

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

football fuckerman posted:

It's weird to me that Wiz is the best free agent at his position but he still hasn't signed

Well, best remaining one. Hudson got overpaid but is pretty good. I am a little surprised KC didn't at least kick the tires on Wisniewski even if they weren't going to give him what he's asking for.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hm those things both belong in the FA thread rap, you're not trying to bump your thread's profile here are you :cop:

Nevertheless, I think this is the thread we will go with. Sorry Bort, better luck next time

vvvv It's nice to have a little bit of dumb fun once in awhile like competing N/V threads, of course I wasn't going to let that go on for more than an hour or so :shobon:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Hm those things both belong in the FA thread rap, you're not trying to bump your thread's profile here are you :cop:

Nevertheless, I think this is the thread we will go with. Sorry Bort, better luck next time

He posted his first so I was ready for mine to be locked right away, thanks for giving it a chance! :v:

I concede defeat...this time.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

Well, best remaining one. Hudson got overpaid but is pretty good. I am a little surprised KC didn't at least kick the tires on Wisniewski even if they weren't going to give him what he's asking for.

The fact that KC really tried to retain Hudson kind of worries me. Might speak to the fact that they aren't high on Kush.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Bort Bortles posted:

He posted his first so I was ready for mine to be locked right away, thanks for giving it a chance! :v:

I concede defeat...this time.

hugs

Intruder posted:

vvvv It's nice to have a little bit of dumb fun once in awhile like competing N/V threads, of course I wasn't going to let that go on for more than an hour or so :shobon:

i really don't know what you mean boss

loving lol

also i wanted to post that picture of the KC lineman from 3 or 4 years ago, Derek Lokey, but i couldn't remember his name until just now

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
It's those white turtlenecks they always wear. They make everything a little awkward and off-putting.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Those ears!!!

:magical:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

:hfive:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm probably just an idiot, but where do I find out how to attend the NFL draft? The NFL home page is pretty much garbage and google tells me there are tickets that I can't buy and it is really pissing me off.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

rip Derek Lokey snipe

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Every single time

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wiz stop that this instant

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is Winston basically not attending the draft because he knows he's going to get booed out hard??

I don't believe that spend time with my family in Alabama bullshit.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Sataere posted:

I'm probably just an idiot, but where do I find out how to attend the NFL draft? The NFL home page is pretty much garbage and google tells me there are tickets that I can't buy and it is really pissing me off.

I think it's https://www.nfl.com/drafttown but you may have missed the window to enter for raffle tickets because you can't buy them.

Edit: yep that's the site but you still have time to enter

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
All of Colin Kaepernick's $126 million became mega guaranteed this week.

(and by that I mean his 2015 salary)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Is Winston basically not attending the draft because he knows he's going to get booed out hard??

I don't believe that spend time with my family in Alabama bullshit.

Who knows. Didn't the tackle from Cleveland spend the draft fishing with his dad instead?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

All of Colin Kaepernick's $126 million became mega guaranteed this week.

(and by that I mean his 2015 salary)

126 millstone hanging around your neck.

*quickly ponders what this month will bring*

Your qb is only worth 126 million? What a loving chump. Real QBs get paid 140 million. Guess that extra 14 million is the difference between winning and losing a Super Bowl. :smugbird:

Wilson gonna stack cash so high Jimmy Graham will have to come help him build the peak of Money Mountain.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I think you meant "that extra 14 million is the difference between winning and losing a Super Bowl and just losing one".

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Oh god I can't wait for the draft.

Mostly because until the draft is done I will continue to have night terrors about Mr. Kelly's Wild Ride. :ohdear:

nrr posted:

rip Derek Lokey snipe

truth

Jon Bois is too good for us. First the Tim Tebow CFL Chronicles and now this?

axeil fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 2, 2015

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I think you meant "that extra 14 million is the difference between winning and losing a Super Bowl and just losing one".

It wasn't that long ago, but it now seems crazy to me that Kaepernick drat near won a Super Bowl. I guess I'd be saying the same thing about Joe Flacco if the 49ers held on to win, though.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If I was Winston I would not go either. If you are there it means they will talk about your "off the field issues" probably 5 times more because they can keep the camera on you while they do it. A lot of this would be mitigated if he is actually the first pick, but say he drops to 5th, that is a solid hour they keep the camera on you and talk about your past. If you are not there they probably only do it once.

Hell, even if he goes first, if he is not there they can only show game film, which means they probably talk about his play more and his past less.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCtk8M4cL70

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Someone in the Bengals social media department needs a raise.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Mariota is also not attending the draft.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Dattserberg posted:

Mariota is also not attending the draft.

Thug Mentality™

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jim Caldwell was the most aggressive coach on fourth down last year, even after Matt Prater was signed. :stare:

http://regressing.deadspin.com/hold...dium=socialflow

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Jim Caldwell was the most aggressive coach on fourth down last year, even after Matt Prater was signed. :stare:

http://regressing.deadspin.com/hold...dium=socialflow

#2 was Marc Trestman, such great heights.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Man I'm gonna miss that bubble butt

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

126 millstone hanging around your neck.

*quickly ponders what this month will bring*

Your qb is only worth 126 million? What a loving chump. Real QBs get paid 140 million. Guess that extra 14 million is the difference between winning and losing a Super Bowl. :smugbird:

Wilson gonna stack cash so high Jimmy Graham will have to come help him build the peak of Money Mountain.

Seahawks shoulda given Lynch the 140 million as an apology for losing him a Super Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Seahawks shoulda given Lynch the 140 million as an apology for losing him a Super Bowl.

:agreed: at least then it would go to helping out the city of Oakland instead of a bunch of privileged cancer kids that everyone pampers anyway.

:ssh: I come from a family with one of those cancer kids. I can say that.

• Locked thread