Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

What the gently caress is he doing here?

Debating Chinese economic policy with a gatorade jug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

What the gently caress is he doing here?

To over explain, it looks like Marshall is talking to a watercooler. The reality is he's talking to a person just out of the camera. This has been on joke these forums for a very long time.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

SunshineDanceParty posted:

To over explain, it looks like Marshall is talking to a watercooler.

Bullshit

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

No it's true I swear

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bad Moon posted:

Drew Bledsoe owns because gently caress the Huskies

Wrongo

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Brannock posted:

The Packers were supposed to draft Borland but the 49ers snapped him up before Ted could get him 8 picks later. I'm still mad about it, even after Borland retired early.

Imagine how nasty the Packers linebacker rush would have been with Peppers/Matthews on either side and Borland covering the middle. Instead we get a premier pass rusher playing ILB because the other choices at that position were so bad that it was actually more valuable to put a nobody out on the edge and move Clay out of position.

:mad:

This doesn't make any sense.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

warcrimes posted:

This doesn't make any sense.

Why not? One year of Borland would have been great, especially with the performance he put up and how atrocrious ILB was for the Pack this season (as I explain a paragraph later).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How many teams in the league would the 2003 version of Drew Bledsoe start on?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

SunshineDanceParty posted:

To over explain, it looks like Marshall is talking to a watercooler. The reality is he's talking to a person just out of the camera. This has been on joke these forums for a very long time.

Kayfabe, n. Something you don't know how to keep

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many teams in the league would the 2003 version of Drew Bledsoe start on?

That was when he was on the Bills right?

Browns
Buccs
Skins (because they are dumb)
Jets
Bills
Texans
Titans

Holy poo poo that's a lot of teams.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

football fuckerman posted:

Gotta protect the business brother

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

@BMarshall: Are we getting FireMan Ed back?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

A Man and his dog posted:

Lol you root for the Chiefs

And you're a racist.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Rob Gronkowski posted:

“Uh, so if we’re sitting here and I had choose would I want a concussion right now or my knee blown out, I’m going to say a concussion. Why would I want to sit there for eight months and not do anything, when with a concussion I’ll just wake up and I’ll be ready to go again.

Gronk isn’t worried about not remembering things later in life because “that happens all the time. I don’t even know how I got to my hotel last night.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25132509

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
lol gronk

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Living proof why Borland retiring isn't "the beginning of the end." For every Borland you have a thousand Gronks chomping at the bit to take their place.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Alex Smith's deep ball is a lot like Peyton's bootleg. It works, but only if you attempt it once every 8 years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RG3 you are being a pretty lovely poster tonight and you might want to take a break from the forums until tomorrow because my mouse cursor just hovered over the probate button for quite awhile

e: I realize this is a couple hours late but I just got home

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 3, 2015

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

football fuckerman posted:

I enjoy breaking the illusion of that gif. I am a sad monster.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The problem is you don't know if he can't remember because of the concussions or the tequila

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rasczak posted:

The problem is you don't know if he can't remember because of the concussions or the tequila

Why can't it be both? :v:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Brannock posted:

Why not? One year of Borland would have been great, especially with the performance he put up and how atrocrious ILB was for the Pack this season (as I explain a paragraph later).

making GBS threads away a third rounder for one season seems pretty shortsighted to me, I dunno.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

warcrimes posted:

making GBS threads away a third rounder for one season seems pretty shortsighted to me, I dunno.

The Packers came extremely close to the Superbowl, if Borland could have put them over the top it would have been worth it

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

warcrimes posted:

Going back 10 drafts:

3. Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut
3. Tony Bergstrom, T, Utah
3a. DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami
3b. Joseph Barksdale, T, LSU
3. Jared Veldheer, T, Hillsdale
3. Matt Shaughnessy, DE Wisconsin
3a. Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia
3b. Mario Henderson, OL, Florida State
3. Paul McQuistan, OL, Weber State
3a. Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona State
3b. Kirk Morrison, LB, San Diego State

How many of those players wouldn't you take one season of a very good linebacker over?

Or, even, to make it a bit fairer:

3a. Khyri Thornton, DT, Southern Miss
3b. Richard Rodgers, TE, California
3. Alex Green, RB, Hawaii
3. Morgan Burnett, DB, Georgia Tech
3. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
3a. James Jones, WR, San Jose State
3b. Aaron Rouse, DB, Virginia Tech
3a. Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa
3b. Jason Spitz, G, Louisville

Of those the only one I'd take over one season of Borland is Finley and James Jones, and that's taking in account their entire Packers career, not any one single-year performance. In general people massively overrate the value of a single draft pick. If you can get one season of high productivity out of a player, you've gotten huge value out of the draft pick. The average draft pick contributes little to a team, even for a team that scouts as well as Green Bay does.

Borland could have meant all the difference, and that's absolutely worth a third-rounder to me, even knowing that he'd retire after one season.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Now that I think about it I probably wouldn't even take James Jones over a 2014 season out of Borland, especially considering the Packers' success at finding receivers.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Brannock posted:

Now that I think about it I probably wouldn't even take James Jones over a 2014 season out of Borland, especially considering the Packers' success at finding receivers.

We overvalued the James Jones pick a bit, as well, considering who we could have gotten in trade for it.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

axeil posted:

That was when he was on the Bills right?

Browns
Buccs
Skins (because they are dumb)
Jets
Bills
Texans
Titans

Holy poo poo that's a lot of teams.

2003 Bledsoe? We'd start 2015 Bledsoe tomorrow without blinking an eye.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Intruder posted:

The Packers came extremely close to the Superbowl, if Borland could have put them over the top it would have been worth it

Well then you might as well said I wish that dumbass TE special teamer should just have done his job.

Brannock posted:

some stuff

I'll stick with our third round pick from last year, thanks.

e: don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying and obviously had Borland not quit that would be pretty drat exciting LB corp. I'm just too much in a 'every sperm draft pick is sacred' mindset to give up a third for one year of production. You also may still be in 'AJ Hawk shock'

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 3, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

And yet some people still think Tom Brady is unlikable

He used to be bland and smug and annoying back around 2007.

I guess two super bowl losses to Captain Derp and marrying that Kraut panty model mellowed him out.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Bad Moon posted:

Drew Bledsoe owns because gently caress the Huskies

forever and ever amen

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

On the whole, Deion Sanders makes it hard to hate him
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/2/8337875/deion-sanders-reminds-deion-sanders-jr-that-hes-rich-as-hell-and

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

warcrimes posted:

Well then you might as well said I wish that dumbass TE special teamer should just have done his job.

I'll stick with our third round pick from last year, thanks.

e: don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying and obviously had Borland not quit that would be pretty drat exciting LB corp. I'm just too much in a 'every sperm draft pick is sacred' mindset to give up a third for one year of production. You also may still be in 'AJ Hawk shock'

It might also be a difference in where your two teams are. The Raiders are in Browns territory (in better shape, don't get me wrong) where they need to see several good years from their drafts in order to talk about the playoffs or the Super Bowl. That's why I don't think the Josh Gordon pick was worth it, for instance, because who gives a gently caress that he led the league in receiving that one year when the Browns were awful?

But if we were a play or two away, we might think a one-year rental would be worth it. I know if it would get the Browns into the Super Bowl, I'd trade the whole of next year's draft, and the year after that too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Goldson is a Washington Professional Football player, for a 2016 sixth-rounder.

Gotta get those cheap shots somewhere with Meriweather a FA.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Bucs traded Dashon Goldson and a 2016 garbage pick for washington's 2016 garbage pick.

Using the Bucs defense as a metric is probably a bad way to judge my team's new safety, so instead I'll say "at least he isn't loving ryan clark or brandon meriweather"

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Unfortunately my Minnesota Gophers avatar is gone, but thankfully this one has Green and Gold, so you can know who I cheer for.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
whoa cool http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25134056/report-nfl-to-hire-sarah-thomas-as-first-female-game-official

quote:

The NFL has hired its first female official, according to the Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson.

Sarah Thomas, who became the first female to officiate an NCAA football game in 2007, has previously been a finalist for the NFL job.

Thomas has been on the league's radar for seven years. NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino said in 2013 that "She was in our pipeline for a while," but noted that making the leap to NFL official takes time for any prospective official.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cool.

I wonder how Chris Kluwe will get involved in this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
"She was in our pipeline for a while"

Euphemism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

shiksa posted:

Bucs traded Dashon Goldson and a 2016 garbage pick for washington's 2016 garbage pick.

Using the Bucs defense as a metric is probably a bad way to judge my team's new safety, so instead I'll say "at least he isn't loving ryan clark or brandon meriweather"

Arguably the worst safety in the league last year at least in terms of people who took snaps

• Locked thread