Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spoeank posted:

I got so excited when I saw he made it to Alexandria. Great finale.

A day late but it's my birthday and I can do what i want-

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Brannock posted:

The Packers were supposed to draft Borland but the 49ers snapped him up before Ted could get him 8 picks later. I'm still mad about it, even after Borland retired early.

Imagine how nasty the Packers linebacker rush would have been with Peppers/Matthews on either side and Borland covering the middle. Instead we get a premier pass rusher playing ILB because the other choices at that position were so bad that it was actually more valuable to put a nobody out on the edge and move Clay out of position.

:mad:

This doesn't make any sense.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Brannock posted:

Why not? One year of Borland would have been great, especially with the performance he put up and how atrocrious ILB was for the Pack this season (as I explain a paragraph later).

making GBS threads away a third rounder for one season seems pretty shortsighted to me, I dunno.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Intruder posted:

The Packers came extremely close to the Superbowl, if Borland could have put them over the top it would have been worth it

Well then you might as well said I wish that dumbass TE special teamer should just have done his job.

Brannock posted:

some stuff

I'll stick with our third round pick from last year, thanks.

e: don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying and obviously had Borland not quit that would be pretty drat exciting LB corp. I'm just too much in a 'every sperm draft pick is sacred' mindset to give up a third for one year of production. You also may still be in 'AJ Hawk shock'

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 3, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

football fuckerman posted:

It might also be a difference in where your two teams are. The Raiders are in Browns territory (in better shape, don't get me wrong) where they need to see several good years from their drafts in order to talk about the playoffs or the Super Bowl. That's why I don't think the Josh Gordon pick was worth it, for instance, because who gives a gently caress that he led the league in receiving that one year when the Browns were awful?

But if we were a play or two away, we might think a one-year rental would be worth it. I know if it would get the Browns into the Super Bowl, I'd trade the whole of next year's draft, and the year after that too.

I totally get your point, you elaborated a bit more on my 'every pick is sacred' thing. Because the Raiders are bad and rebuilding, you really can't take any chances like that scenario or like the Browns did with Gordon(and I'd bet money Gregory is off the Raiders draft board). All fair enough.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Just as long as she promptly notifies the league offices when she enters estrus she should be fine. If her hormones prompt an assault by Suggs or some other player then she has only herself to blame, and she should acknowledge her role in the situation.

An apology would be nice, too.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Yeah, I think (from my limited reading on the story) that Hamilton more or less did evrything you want him to do, other than cocaine. Sounds like he owned his actions, complied with the process, etc. I don't think it helps anyone, including the league, to discipline someone in that situation. But the NFL would 100% chop someone's dick off on the same facts.

He "owned" up to his actions because he knew he was going to fail a drug test and avoided the penalties associated with that by self-reporting. It's very self-serving but it's baseball and who gives a gently caress

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

MODS?!?!!???

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Multi-page discussion of loving anime and one of the best shows of the past decade gets written off as nerd poo poo. Come on now.

BSG's final season was pretty poo poo, though.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

whypick1 posted:

I won't say it was *total* poo poo, but definitely the weakest season, I'll admit.

Really? Starbuck is an angel(I think) is all that really needs be said.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Me too. I was thinking of starting another one since for some reason i'm hooked on the fanspeak mock drafts this year

Can I interest you in some http://www.first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

not to start a mock draft posting thing but here's my first time with this

Dude, do the thing where you make a bunch of crazy trades and end up with 4 2nd-round and 3 3rd-round picks

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Intruder posted:

I'd rather do that thing where you trade #7 and two future firsts for #1, trade #39 and two future seconds for #6, then trade #6 for #7 plus your two future firsts back

That's terrible and awesome at the same time haha

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chichevache posted:

:agreed:

I dislike a lot of the smaller touches and I refuse to overlook them.

Dawg Pound on the collar was a cool touch though. I definitely appreciate that, even if I can't see it.

This. To me, the Browns had an iconic uniform that was awesome in it's simplicity. The new ones aren't necessarily ugly, just unnecessarily busy.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

old dog child posted:

He will end up a Raider

Nope.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

davecrazy posted:

Put me in the "don't get the Elway hate" camp.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

A Man and his dog posted:

Lol the TPD and the FSU football program are tied at the hip.... They let some CB off after he was driving drunk as poo poo or something I think?

They're (in)famous for this

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 18, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Don't poo poo on his funny posts, man.

His posts have to actually be funny, though.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Febreeze posted:

Collinsworth used to be good and insightful but now he spouts cliches like a madman in between pointless stories about his irrelevant career 30 years ago all in an incredibly smug tone of voice.

He also picks one player from each team every game and spends the entire night sucking their dicks

Also he looks like an old wrinkly cancer patient's finger

Look at this bad opinion.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

That's hilarious.

I love draft day. Even if it's only one loving round because gently caress off, goodell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Bowman actually helped "design" them.

See what you bastards in Seattle did to him?

Some of that popcorn was laced.

• Locked thread