Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah kinda wanna stick with this. Like I'll stick by miami if they do something mind numbingly retarded like draft a track star 14th overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SA2K posted:

Why should lovely teams be rewarded for making GBS threads all over themselves in the draft and then signing a bunch of free agents

Because there are new regimes all the time, and at this rate the draft is such a crapshoot that having multiple picks in comp selections, especially 3 and 4s, really make the playing field uneven.

Comp picks never made sense to me, and poo poo like the Charles clay contract show why. He's not eligible for a comp pick bc we transition tagged him... Meaning we could have had him On our roster if we paid out the nose. Kinda like New England having the option on revis... But here we are. No fundamental difference, but the system is so flawed it helps only one of the two teams

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

evilweasel posted:

To be fair, the "not picking up the roster bonus" gimmick getting you a comp pick doesn't make a lot of sense, but on the other hand that so many teams seem to not use it is utterly baffling. They should go away, but it's baffling how some teams exploit it so well and others just don't bother. Everyone knew the Dolphins should have pulled the tag from Clay so they'd get a comp pick, but they didn't. That's not on the comp pick system, thats on the dolphins being idiots.

That the Patriots will get an extra 3rd because of the Revis rental though is just so loving absurd that although I love it I can't defend it.

Apparently yanking the tag would have gotten them some grief from the league or the union or some poo poo. You can't yank the tag after you assign it just bc you think someone else is taking your dude.

Trust me I was calling for it the whole time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

shiksa posted:

Bucs traded Dashon Goldson and a 2016 garbage pick for washington's 2016 garbage pick.

Using the Bucs defense as a metric is probably a bad way to judge my team's new safety, so instead I'll say "at least he isn't loving ryan clark or brandon meriweather"

Arguably the worst safety in the league last year at least in terms of people who took snaps

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm so happy everyone else laughed at that because I chuckled like an idiot

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Poe tae toes.

Hahahaha first thing I thought of as well

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That jay cutler trade would be utter robbery for them bc they can move back down after some team blows it's load on Kevin white

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I couldn't figure out who the spanish guy was

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That 20 million where did they get that from? 6 years of 3.5? Lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Coldforge posted:

...for the rest of the NFC North. Mariota is better than people here seem to think, and the thought of him and Bridgewater (and I guess Rodgers and Stafford) in the same division is awesome.

Mariota is nowhere near teddy in pure qb department.

He's a top 5 pick but it's similar to Vince young (yes, a little different, but closer comparison than bridgewater)

And man people are way more sold on BW than I am. I saw just as much from Carr and people think he should be replaced I mean lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Parmesan Basil posted:

Winston as a Bug is truly tragic. This assuredly gets them a top ten ranking for evil teams imo

Look. At. Meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

oh is that why they've drafted so well recently

I wanna see manic Ross and bomp have a "overly entitled bragging" argument

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

You're such a baby haha

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SA2K posted:

Maybe the Ravens can wear the Old Browns uniforms as throwback uniforms when they play the new Browns

Hahaha

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

TFF has its own bullying scandal now :(

I'd still prefer Mel watching my blindside over Jon Martin

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SA2K posted:

Yeah I'm gonna trust Jason Cole, bleacher report superstar.

It's not happening

Doubt it happening but Jason Cole is actually pretty good. Its not like hes Jason La Canfora or anything

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If the Chargers think mariota is a viable franchise guy it absolutely makes sense to ship off rivers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It's gonna own when Rolando "gently caress Yall" McClain chokeslams Tebow so hard it leaves a cross shaped dent in the turf

Lol yeah Im sure Rolando will start finally beating Tebow after all these years. Tebow has barreled over him for TDs like 3 times in their careers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Chip, Chip, Chipadelphia

Wait like average or?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I remember joining and trolling hurricanes fans because I was literally 18 years old. I turn 30 in June. Holy poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami offer our 2nd for kendricks right now let them get more ammo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo he's literally making every single wrong move

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No way. Jordan has no value.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah they'd probably be Super Bowl favorites. I don't know how I feel about that

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Tennessee ends up with Cooper at the end of the day it'll be really disappointing for fans but you're still leaving with a solid receiver for 13 years ala Reggie Wayne

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sweet god there is so much chatter about Miami trading Philly involving draft picks, players (dion jordan and kendricks are mentioned) and possibly another draft trade between Dallas and Miami as a backup.

Add in the fact Philly is trying to get up for Mariota.. man this poo poo is exciting

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whoa. That's big.

Wait, he signed an extension?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Took way too long to kill that rumor Philly you jerks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you think Winston or Mariota is a franchise guy you absolutely let him go.

Dudes a loving terror though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow so that's what it was. I heard a bunch of rumors something bad happened, I assumed he was going to be cut.

Later you massive massive idiot. One of the biggest busts in Dolphins history simply because of the talent squandered by all parties.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
One final way to gently caress Miami just fan loving tastic

I can't believe we were actually going to unload him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In the end Miami lost what was most likely a 4th rounder. That could have come in loving handy.

Good luck next year when you have your comeback season and sign with Oregon and probably dominate and Miami gets absolutely nothing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha Ireland couldn't have hosed up that last season worse if he tried

gently caress you Dion Jordan I just can't believe he did it AGAIN

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I turn 30 in June and I'm going to probably do more drugs than Dion Jordan while in the Abacos because the Miami Dolphins will still be talking about their fresh new draft class headed by a dude who runs a 4.2 in shorts but a 4.4 on the field and has a catch rate that'd get you demoted on a flag football team

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Think for Sebastian Volmer or chandler jones

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol their stats aren't even close though tannehill makes Dalton look like a backup when you look at raw numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Andy Dalton gets handjobs from 6s and doesn't even finish

What I'm saying is Andy picks sixes

• Locked thread