Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Haha, taylor swift was more popular than I suspected.

MrChips posted:

The Crystal Method - Born Too Slow - LloydDobler

Nice choice, this song is on my driving playlist too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Man, there are some really good ones there that I completely forgot about.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Man, there are some really good ones there that I completely forgot about.

If I wasn't playing to lose this game my choice would definitely have been one of the songs on that list. So many good choices there, AI has great taste in music.

CCR - Lookin' Out My Backdoor is probably my all time favorite driving song, I can't explain why. I love blasting it down a country road with all the windows down and the sunroof wide open in the 850.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

CCR - Lookin' Out My Backdoor is probably my all time favorite driving song, I can't explain why. I love blasting it down a country road with all the windows down and the sunroof wide open in the 850.

I have a doubly inexplicable love of the Children of Bodom cover of that one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRbKc32i09c

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Tommychu posted:

This cover is fantastic.

Also even though I picked fortunate son, I cannot belive i didnt think of red barachetta!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

I can't believe you didn't take that easy alley-oop for the Initial D soundtrack, though I find it incredibly hard to get mad at you for the song I know in my heart to be superior.

I mean here's kastein and pipkin driving a Justy to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87hsSpiavUg

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I can't believe you didn't take that easy alley-oop for the Initial D soundtrack, though I find it incredibly hard to get mad at you for the song I know in my heart to be superior.

I mean here's kastein and pipkin driving a Justy to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87hsSpiavUg

Stewarss inquiry, Super Eurobeat is totally the initial d soundtrack right? I thiught that was the title of the soundtrack album

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

AcidRonin posted:

Stewarss inquiry, Super Eurobeat is totally the initial d soundtrack right? I thiught that was the title of the soundtrack album

That was my interpretation. :colbert:

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That was my interpretation. :colbert:

Sounds like we need some extra points then :getin:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

AcidRonin posted:

Sounds like we need some extra points then :getin:

Alright, fine...I'll make the changes even though I could have very well invoked the

MrChips posted:

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way.

rule.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

MrChips posted:

Alright, fine...I'll make the changes even though I could have very well invoked the

rule.

Thank you nice man for incorporating massive :spergin: It will probably be the only points i get :smith:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Terrible Robot posted:

If I wasn't playing to lose this game my choice would definitely have been one of the songs on that list. So many good choices there, AI has great taste in music.

No lie, CCR's greatest hits is stuck in my garage radio on a permanent basis. Great music to wrench to.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Ephphatha posted:

Haha, taylor swift was more popular than I suspected.

:boom:

Honestly I thought I had to be more specific for some reason. If I had thought genre in general I probably would have gone rock as well.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

MrChips posted:

The Wheels On The Bus - Simkin

:lol:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
^^ Glad someone appreciated the effort. I figure, if you imprint with a song at an early age, it should stick with you. :pedo:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Simkin posted:

^^ Glad someone appreciated the effort. I figure, if you imprint with a song at an early age, it should stick with you. :pedo:
It's up there with "99 bottles of beer on the wall".

I have to say that I am sad that nobody said Dawggy Mountain Breakdown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nWJM-Yx8f8

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

quote:

Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog - Rex Rabidorum Vires

Look at this goon with good taste.

(I completely forgot to fill out my loving thing, oh well.)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

How in the hell were "I Can't Drive 55" and "Turbo Lover" (my second choice) both aces? drat.

On the other hand, only 1 point behind the leader, this will be the high water point for my placement in this game!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

The Locator posted:

How in the hell were "I Can't Drive 55" and "Turbo Lover" (my second choice) both aces? drat.

On the other hand, only 1 point behind the leader, this will be the high water point for my placement in this game!

Turbo Lover was my second choice as well. Fun fact, I had that played at my wedding :rock:

Seriously though, Desert Plains is the best driving song, you're all categorically incorrect.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Fucknag posted:

Look at this goon with good taste.

(I completely forgot to fill out my loving thing, oh well.)

I thought about going with Wires because of the video...but every time Prehistoric Dog comes on it just hits that spot where you want to drag race everything and do brake stands at all the traffic lights :)

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I thought about going with Wires because of the video...but every time Prehistoric Dog comes on it just hits that spot where you want to drag race everything and do brake stands at all the traffic lights :)

Is wires where they weld a bit of corogated metal to the front of the old car and ram poo poo? Either way great band

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

AcidRonin posted:

Is wires where they weld a bit of corogated metal to the front of the old car and ram poo poo? Either way great band

Yes, yes it is.

Edit: Now with more video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPfQvLIseA

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 21, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Question 3: Road trips and __________; you can't have one without the other.

Question 4: Without a doubt, this is the best car/truck/whatever for a road trip.

Answers soon...

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
If I'm still aces after these rounds ya'll are just plain wrong. Get on my level

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Looks like I'm going to be disappointed by AI on this one. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I may have been influenced by a recent RCR video for this one. Oh god is 3 pm Pacific yet?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

:f5:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Question 3: Road trips and __________; you can't have one without the other.

Gas station food - 5
Pham Nuwen
Safety Dance
Liquid Communism
Bajaha
Tommychu

Good tunes - 4
Elmnt80
CornHolio
CharlesM
SFH1989

Snacks (that aren't Beef Jerky) - 4
NitroSpazzz
Freelop
Elephanthead
Somewhat Heroic

Friends - 4
TheFonz
Quite A Tool
Terrible Robot
AcidRonin

Caffeine - 4
Spicy Guacamole
IOwnCalculus
Korwen
LloydDobler

Beef Jerky - 4
Mat_Drinks
bolind
Rex Rabidorum Vires
Team140

Road head - 3
Cat Terrist
SSJOnizuka
Simkin

A Miata - 2
Krakkles
God is Bed

Booze - 2
ilkhan
Turb

ACES:

Drawn-out philosophical discussions - Seat Safety Switch
Drunk passengers - sadnessboner
Dead Hookers - The Locator
Wacky hijinks - Ephphatha
Getting hopelessly lost - KozmoNaut
Fires, in anything cursed shitbox is driving - Adiabatic
Sweaty Bollocks - stump
Weed - leica
Igloo coolers full of sandwiches and a little debbie/yoohoo - River Raid
Domestic Disputes - Maksimus54
Bladder Panic - Slung Blade
Traffic jams - InitialDave
Piss bottles - Das Volk
Red Bull - Stormdrain
rear end in a top hat drivers - Deeters
Co-driver - Meatpimp
Fast food - El Jebus
Tourist traps - CannonFodder

Question 4: Without a doubt, this is the best car/truck/whatever for a road trip.

Full-Size American Sedan (B-body, Crown Vic, etc) - 9
Elmnt80
Seat Safety Switch
NitroSpazzz
bolind
Pham Nuwen
TheFonz
Terrible Robot
Rex Rabidorum Vires
Tommychu

Buick Roadmaster wagon - 5
KozmoNaut
sadnessboner
Maksimus54
CannonFodder
Stormdrain

Volvo 240 - 4
Ephphatha
Korwen
Deeters
El Jebus

Miata - 3
SSJOnizuka
God is Bed
Krakkles

GM Full-size SUV (Suburban, Tahoe, Escalade, etc.) - 3
LloydDobler
IOwnCalculus
ilkhan

VW Camper - 2
Freelop
AcidRonin

A Conversion Van - 2
Elephanthead
Somewhat Heroic

BMW 5-series - 2
CornHolio
Mat_Drinks

Subaru Justy - 2
leica
Das Volk

ACES:

Corvette - Cat Terrist
1974 Dodge Monaco - The Locator
Station wagon - Liquid Communism
A 1986 300ZX. Euphoria is experienced most firmly at the state of a curve at 80+mph and you don't know if your frame is gonna make it through the corner or not. - Adiabatic
Range Rover SDV6 Hybrid LWB - stump
Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon - Spicy Guacamole
Infiniti G37 - River Raid
My car - CharlesM
Prius - Turb
CTS-V Wagon - Quite A Tool
Any convertible - Safety Dance
Cadillac STS - Team140
1990 Ford F-150 - Slung Blade
A big, comfy SUV - InitialDave
Giant RV - Bajaha
Dodge Charger Hellcat - SFH1989
Lexus LS - Meatpimp
The most expensive BMW sport touring motorcycle/couch you can afford - Simkin

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Scores after question 4:

Pham Nuwen - 24
Elmnt80 - 23
Rex Rabidorum Vires - 23
Terrible Robot - 20
Korwen - 19
TheFonz - 19
Tommychu - 18
Freelop - 16
KozmoNaut - 16
Bajaha - 16
sadnessboner - 15
NitroSpazzz - 15
bolind - 15
IOwnCalculus - 15
Quite A Tool - 15
Seat Safety Switch - 14
Cat Terrist - 14
SSJOnizuka - 13
Team140 - 13
The Locator - 12
CornHolio - 12
Mat_Drinks - 12
InitialDave - 12
CannonFodder - 12
Spicy Guacamole - 11
Krakkles - 10
AcidRonin - 10
LloydDobler - 9
Somewhat Heroic - 9
Stormdrain - 9
Deeters - 9
Liquid Communism - 8
Elephanthead - 8
Maksimus54 - 8
Safety Dance - 8
SFH1989 - 8
Ephphatha - 7
God is Bed - 7
CharlesM - 7
ilkhan - 7
El Jebus - 7
Simkin - 6
leica - 5
Turb - 5
Das Volk - 5
Adiabatic - 4
stump - 4
River Raid - 4
Slung Blade - 4
Meatpimp - 4

See you tomorrow for the reveal of questions 5 and 6!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Aced on Corvette???? AI hang you heads in shame

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Automotive Insanity indeed.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think that last answer is largely a factor of the definition of "road trip". For me, road trips mean at least six hours on either I10 to LA, or I8 to San Diego. Those roads have almost no turns or much of any entertainment on them at all, so the goal is just to get from A to B as quickly and comfortably as possible.

By far, the best road-trip vehicle I've ever driven or ridden in, was a GMT400 Suburban. You could do Phoenix to LA without a fuel stop, and everyone has plenty of leg, arm, head, and cargo room.

If I get to take the rare trip that involves a twisty road, though... yeah, give me a sports car and the backache that comes with it.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Any wagon with a rear facing seat is a correct answer.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
I just knew my joke replies of Miata Is Always The Answer would get me a few non-aces.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

B-body Supremacy. :c00lbert:

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 22, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I am so disappointed in AI. Seriously, an Ace?

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
WOHOO. Not aces down the whole line!
Gonna be aces the rest of the answers, though. :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If I get any non aces from here on out, I'll be amazed. Also, If I was just giving answers for myself, country would be my choice for road trip music. Go throw some "papa loved mama" on the radio next time you're cruising down the highway and try to tell me I'm wrong about this. :colbert:

EDIT: Even better if it has a rumblin' v8 in the background. Its just 100% :911:.

EDITTHESECOND: I added all the songs from question #2 into a spotify playlist. Enjoy! https://open.spotify.com/user/1210964402/playlist/0gu6TRkii4aehk5gaIsdFP (AC/DC, Initial D's song, leningrad cowboys, jerry reed and Motorhead - Kickstart My Heart - Das Volk whatever that was supposed to be are missing due to spotify not having it.)

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 22, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Elmnt80 posted:

If I get any non aces from here on out, I'll be amazed. Also, If I was just giving answers for myself, country would be my choice for road trip music. Go throw some "papa loved mama" on the radio next time you're cruising down the highway and try to tell me I'm wrong about this. :colbert:

EDIT: Even better if it has a rumblin' v8 in the background. Its just 100% :911:.

EDITTHESECOND: I added all the songs from question #2 into a spotify playlist. Enjoy! https://open.spotify.com/user/1210964402/playlist/0gu6TRkii4aehk5gaIsdFP (AC/DC, Initial D's song, leningrad cowboys, jerry reed and Motorhead - Kickstart My Heart - Das Volk whatever that was supposed to be are missing due to spotify not having it.)

Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MrChips posted:

A Conversion Van - 2
Elephanthead
Somewhat Heroic

Best friends :hfive: as the youngest of 5 kids my parents had a custom conversion Ford Econoline 150 with the raised roof, radio shack toggle switches and lights everywhere a color Sony tv that was tiny, a VCR, tufted leather seats, captain chairs in the middle that swiveled to face the rear. So many amazing memories in that thing driving from salt lake to Southern California, even a trip up the west coast into British Columbia and Victoria!

• Locked thread