Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer (shamelessly stolen from forums user Xenophon):

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username (seriously) to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) Format is important, so please send your answers like this:

code:
Miatas
Dead hooker smell.
Once you have sent your entry, please post in this thread as confirmation.

You have until 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, April 18th (0600 UTC on Sunday, April 19th) to submit your answers. The big reveal will be in this thread at 3pm Pacific Time on Monday, April 20th (2200 UTC on Monday, April 20th), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! I will be doing the reveal two questions per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3pm Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

Without further ado, the questions:

1. When I'm out for a drive, __________ is on the stereo because it's the best music for driving.
2. On that note, this is the best driving song ever made.
3. Road trips and __________; you can't have one without the other.
4. Without a doubt, this is the best car/truck/whatever for a road trip.
5. Conversely, I can't think of a car/truck/whatever more inappropriate for a road trip than this one.
6. All road trips are memorable in some way, but I think a trip to __________ would be most memorable of all.
7. I think a road trip down this road would make the journey more memorable than the destination.
8. This is the best piece of advice I can give to anyone going on a road trip.
9. I can't think of anyone else I would rather go on a road trip with than this person.
10. Spring and summer mean holidays are close at hand for some of us. This AI-related book is on my beach reading list this year.
11. Oh great...summer holidays means we're going to see more drivers from __________. Better stay off the roads.
12. How much time would you set aside for your spring car detailing to say, "yes, this is enough time to do the job right"?
13. There's nothing in my detailing kit that I value more than __________.
14. What do you mean, you didn't clean the __________?! How can you say you detailed your car?
15. Of all the things you can get on your paint, this stuff is the biggest pain in the dick to clean off.
16. This past winter was a rough one for a lot of us, but it was harder on my car's __________ than anything else.
17. No doubt many of us have plans to do some maintenance on our cars this spring/summer...I plan to repair/replace/upgrade this component, for example.
18. Now that Top Gear UK is gone, I'm going to get my automotive TV fix by watching __________.

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way. Until the submission deadline, discussing your answers in this thread is not allowed, as it will affect how other people will vote!

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, April 18th (0600 UTC on Sunday, April 19th). See you all for the reveal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss boner
May 17, 2003

gently caress yes.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh god, gonna do so bad this time. I'm terrible when it comes to music, road tripping AND detailing!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Answered.

Apologies about answer 2, I honestly couldnt decide.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Hells yeah! These are so fun.

I know right now that I might be alone on #13, but I really wish I wouldn't be :(

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Do americans even realise that winter happens at different times in different places? Answered anyway

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sadnessboner posted:

Do americans even realise that winter happens at different times in different places? Answered anyway

I assume the entire world is like North America and I would ask you not shatter my perceptions you Antipodean wiener.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I just discovered my first sheep games in SAS last week, so this will be my second ever time to give completely boring, un-creative and non-funny answers to one of these! Sent!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I think I started out trying to be semi serious then just decided gently caress it since I couldn't answer the last half honestly anyway.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sent. :getin:

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
sent. pretty sure i got this.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Now the wait begins until the answers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Answers submitted.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Submitted. God help me.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So submitted.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

lovely answers submitted, now I need to plan a road trip.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

OK, I just plugged in the responses I have so far from:

13 players:

Adiabatic
Cat Terrist
Elephanthead
Elmnt80
Ephphatha
Freelop
God is Bed
KozmoNaut
Liquid Communism
NitroSpazzz
sadnessboner
Seat Safety Switch
The Locator

If you've sent a response and you don't see your username, let me know. Otherwise, keep on keeping on!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Well, since my last post I've received only one more entry, from bolind, bringing the total to 14.

If you've never played a Sheep game before and you're on the fence about this, the previous three games are listed in the OP if you want to see what it's all about.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I've been busy and too blah to sit down and come up with even half-decent answers, but rest assured I plan on entering.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

MrChips posted:

If you've never played a Sheep game before and you're on the fence about this, the previous three games are listed in the OP if you want to see what it's all about.

Pretty sure they're not, I can only see the links to the email address.

The First Ever AI Sheep Game!
AI Sheep Game Two: Lucas Electric Boogaloo
AI Sheep Game The Third - THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Just emailed you the correct answers, you can use it as an answer key against the others if you'd like :v:

edit: My cars are too old and rusty for detailing and I'm only fixing what broke over the winter, so those answers might not necessarily be correct. Pretend they're correct anyway, though.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Submitted!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I have emailed my email from my email account to your email account through the internet.

my username is TheFonz.
You can call me TheFonz.
TheFonz is how I identify on this forum.
please see email for forum username, which is TheFonz.
My forum username(TheFonz) is in the email I sent.

edit:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

TheFonz posted:

I have emailed my email from my email account to your email account through the internet.

my username is TheFonz.
You can call me TheFonz.

edit:

/

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

OK, a few more entries now.

18 players:

Adiabatic
bolind
Cat Terrist
CornHolio
Elephanthead
Elmnt80
Ephphatha
Freelop
God is Bed
Korwen
KozmoNaut
Liquid Communism
NitroSpazzz
sadnessboner
Seat Safety Switch
SSJOnizuka
The Locator
TheFonz

Keep them coming guys.

I honestly thought I had it in the OP :downs: holy poo poo I'm stupid sometimes...

TheFonz posted:

my username is TheFonz.
You can call me TheFonz.

edit:

BUT NOT AS STUPID AS PEOPLE WHO KEEP SENDING ME ENTRIES WITHOUT NAMES ON THEM

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just sent mine in.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I'm in, email sent with terrible answers.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yesssss

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
finally just sent mine in :getin:

If I'm honest I've had the draft e-mail open on my home computer since this was posted because I wanted to be thoughtful :)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I will have my answers in tomorrow I promise.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

24 players as of now.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Alright, I've entered.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Entered, even answered all the questions this time!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'm in. I answered straight up personal opinions, no accounting for popularity.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I will have my answers in tomorrow I promise.

I make promises and don't keep them, but I have submitted my answers.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Answers submitted, I hope you're all smart enough to say what I said :smug:

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

My list has been submitted.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

OK, three days left to get your answers in. So far I've heard from the following:

34 players:

Adiabatic
bolind
Cat Terrist
CharlesM
CornHolio
Elephanthead
Elmnt80
Ephphatha
Freelop
God is Bed
IOwnCalculus
Korwen
KozmoNaut
Krakkles
leica
Liquid Communism
LloydDobler
Maksimus54
Mat_Drinks
NitroSpazzz
Pham Nuwen
Quite A Tool
River Raid
sadnessboner
Safety Dance
Seat Safety Switch
Somewhat Heroic
Spicy Guacamole
SSJOnizuka
stump
Team140
The Locator
TheFonz
Turb

If you've submitted your answers and you don't see your username on the list, let me know so I can fix this. Otherwise, keep those answers coming in - you have until 11pm Pacific Time this Saturday to respond!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Answers submitted, I'm definitely going to be near last place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

What the hell, I always get a kick out of these.

Here's hoping I didn't gently caress up the email format on my phone.

• Locked thread