Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just sent mine in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think that last answer is largely a factor of the definition of "road trip". For me, road trips mean at least six hours on either I10 to LA, or I8 to San Diego. Those roads have almost no turns or much of any entertainment on them at all, so the goal is just to get from A to B as quickly and comfortably as possible.

By far, the best road-trip vehicle I've ever driven or ridden in, was a GMT400 Suburban. You could do Phoenix to LA without a fuel stop, and everyone has plenty of leg, arm, head, and cargo room.

If I get to take the rare trip that involves a twisty road, though... yeah, give me a sports car and the backache that comes with it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrChips posted:

No car is the wrong car with the right state of mind - stump

This is a pro answer.

The Locator posted:

I got it and am sad that I didn't give that answer, especially given my coordinating answer to question #4. Dammit IOwnCalculus, where were you on #4? :argh: (same place I was on #6 I guess).

After I saw your answer on 4, I was secretly hoping that my answer on 6 would end up not being an ace :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

I put Route 66 because, well, it's the definitive road trip, isn't it? Perhaps more so if you're from outside the US.

I put it because aside from the fact that it is idolized as some great road, it also doesn't really get you anywhere useful. Unless you live in a town where it still exists, the only reason you would seek out Old 66 is specifically for the road itself. Anywhere it can still take you has better options, either more direct or possibly even better driving. The only places it can take you that no other road can, are places that pretty much only still exist because of 66.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

No no no no you have to quote my question 11 in it's entirety or it loses all it's wonderful charm.

I said "from every state, headed to Minnesota"

:colbert:

You deserve it thanks to all of the Minnesota plates I scream at all fall/winter/spring.

Bolind, that is the proper answer to the detail question.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrChips posted:

Question 16: This past winter was a rough one for a lot of us, but it was harder on my car's __________ than anything else.

Winter? What's that? :smug: - 3
Team140
leica
Das Volk

Almost went with this one.

I need Fonz to choose poorly for one of these last two but I don't see that happening just yet :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

Watching Project Binky was an ace :( :( :(

If all you did was watch that, you'd go mad on the gaps between their updates.

• Locked thread