Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wrong and also Bloodborne

fair point, forums cancer patient The Taint Reaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Their business model is literally "yes, lots of people will get hurt and have bruises at our amusement park, and we don't own the copyright to the characters, but hopefully Nintendo will love us instead of suing us."

i am glad that I googled for Nintendo amusement Park

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Heavy Lobster posted:

All of these are good answers and all but none of them are Cubivore.

Yes nobody mentions cubivore because I think a large portion of people who own gamecubes never even saw this game let alone own it.

It's the equivalent to Robot Alchemic Drive for the PS2.

Also I had I am having a real good laugh over the amiibo collectors making GBS threads themselves over 3 am pre-orders and store exclusives. A real toy company like Hasbro would never do something so stupid and has actual re-sellers like Big bad Toy Store and it's own online shop that sells entire 1980's collector lines with little to no hassle.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
One time I tried to get the best possible mansion in luigi's mansion but I forgot to water the plant one time so I ended up with the second best mansion. Sad brains.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pikmin 2 is one of the best games ever made and its on the gamecube. Therefore, the gamecube was good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Isn't this extremely dangerous?"
"Yeah, thanks, Mom. So is riding on a motorcycle, but you're allowed to do that! Anyway, we're looking for investors."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Internet Kraken posted:

Pikmin 2 is one of the best games ever made and its on the gamecube. Therefore, the gamecube was good.

It's also on the Wii and was sold in larger quantities at a lower price point.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
forums cancer is not enough

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Bicyclops posted:

you don't need guns to be cool. just look at batman, he doesn't use guns and he is the hero of gotham.

theres guns in batman but they're shooting at Batman and he goes over and breaks them

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ahundredbux posted:

theres guns in batman but they're shooting at Batman and he goes over and breaks them

batman also takes pipes and caves peoples' skulls in and smashes them on concrete.

He also drives a car loaded with gadgets and people regularly die in the books.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kirby is made of clay in his latest game, and thus immune to guns, anyway.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm still laughing at the amiibo thread and all their conspiracy theories that exist to deny them their plastic statues.

They've exceeded Skylanders levels of dumb and stupid.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I forgot Cubivore but I totally played the poo poo out of that weird rear end game

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Games are......... Good?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

dat one portagee posted:

Games are......... Good?

Yes Bright eyes, games good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

dat one portagee posted:

Games are......... Good?

and cool

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

The Taint Reaper posted:

batman also takes pipes and caves peoples' skulls in and smashes them on concrete.

He also drives a car loaded with gadgets and people regularly die in the books.

Agreed he's a good video game

Bicyclops posted:

Kirby is made of clay in his latest game, and thus immune to guns, anyway.

what if kirby ate a gun

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
this page's anime bonus

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
anime is really bad even in a video game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

what if kirby ate a gun
Then he'd get s sweet cowboy hat like in the Quick Draw minigame.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Eating a breath mint turns Kirby into a shmup, who knows what a gun might do!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He'd say DRAWWWW!! whenever he attacked.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Yes!! The kirby we all deserve

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

:eyepop:

Things I didn't ever expect to see: Microsoft extending an olive branch to Nintendo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Weren't there tons of issues, though? Like wasn't the Goldeneye HD version that came to XBOX specifically different in its core gameplay because Nintendo refused to let Rare use the same engine?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I do not understand amiibos. I Googled them and also Wikipedia'd them and I still don't get it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Harrow posted:

I do not understand amiibos. I Googled them and also Wikipedia'd them and I still don't get it.

Toys + DLC + angry nerds

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Harrow posted:

They're cheaply made plastic trophies of Nintendo characters, with some chips embedded in the base. They interact with Nintendo consoles and games in numerous different ways; tapping them on the Gamepad or 3DS gives you different effects for a bunch of current and upcoming games, primarily 'extra bits' of DLC to slightly enhance your gaming experience. They started out as a pretty harmless endeavor until Nintendo neglected to continue making half of each wave, leading to massive shortages and crazy scalper value.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Weren't there tons of issues, though? Like wasn't the Goldeneye HD version that came to XBOX specifically different in its core gameplay because Nintendo refused to let Rare use the same engine?

He's referring to Diddy Kong Racing DS. Also, they haven't ever forced Nintendo to censor things in Rare Donkey Kong ports, like the Killer Instinct arcade machine or the Jetpac game in DK64.

Excels fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 3, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

what retard chemo'd the taint reaper

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looper posted:

Toys + DLC + angry nerds

Excels posted:

They're cheaply made plastic trophies of Nintendo characters, with some chips embedded in the base. They interact with Nintendo consoles and games in numerous different ways; tapping them on the Gamepad or 3DS gives you different effects for a bunch of current and upcoming games, primarily 'extra bits' of DLC to slightly enhance your gaming experience. They started out as a pretty harmless endeavor until Nintendo neglected to continue making half of each wave, leading to massive shortages and crazy scalper value.

I am glad that I can continue to not care about them.

Also, I shouldn't be surprised that people get really upset about them. I've seen how crazy people get over poo poo like their gamerscore or whatever, so then you add an actual physical object to it and everyone goes loving nuts.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Harrow posted:

This video should explain everything you need to know about Amiibos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKR-9b98JkU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ahahaha Pillars of Eternity is getting a ton of free publicity because of dumb people on Twitter.

It is also better than I expected, is good

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
post the tweets negro

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

THE PENETRATOR posted:

post the tweets negro

It's nothing really that interesting on its own. Some people complained about one of the bits of text a backer put in the game, Obsidian agreed and admitted that it shouldn't have made it through QA, and it was quietly patched out.

Then the usual Let's Play pantshitters started making GBS threads their pants and sending out rape threats over it because it's censorship and political correctness gone mad and the developers are obviously just bowing down to the threats of the feminazi shadow cabal.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

its totally killing the thread over the most loving irrelevant thing

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Neckbeards get more pathetic and annoying as the years go on. We should bring back bullying.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sleeveless posted:

Then the usual Let's Play pantshitters started making GBS threads their pants and sending out rape threats over it because it's censorship and political correctness gone mad and the developers are obviously just bowing down to the threats of the feminazi shadow cabal.

If you mean people like those who dye their hair in rainbow colors I really can't say that their opinions lie within the realm of sanity. Like everything they say is within the realm of madness and when they get angry it's like double thesaurus mad.

Anyways the poem was funny and clever and to just get butthurt to the point where you make open threats to a developer which causes them to remove it and get even more open threats is comedy in itself.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There once was a man named Taint Reaper
Who everyone thought was a creeper
He posted real bad
But nobody got mad
His posts just made them all sleepier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I know it doesn't work but gently caress if I'm putting effort into a Taint Reaper poem.

• Locked thread