Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Mr. Prokosch I've activated JJ's Bonefeel and tossed him into Doctor's infirmary. Have fun with that

Bear Enthusiast The exact timing of when JJ arrives is up to you. If you want him there now, go ahead and write him in, otherwise he can show up after your next post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

PoultryGeist posted:

Mr. Prokosch I've activated JJ's Bonefeel and tossed him into Doctor's infirmary. Have fun with that

Bear Enthusiast The exact timing of when JJ arrives is up to you. If you want him there now, go ahead and write him in, otherwise he can show up after your next post.

Good to know, as having him be there right then was pretty good by me! (I posted before reading this).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Edited my post, changed the thought process at the end

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
A little something for Doctor, to help judge the odds:

When you poke around in someone’s guts roll+stock used (up to 3-stock). On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
*you inflict no harm
*you find what you came for
*you don’t need to use an additional 1-stock to stabilize them
*you fix something else while you’re in there. Take 1-forward with the patient

On a miss, the poor bastard is probably going to die

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Consider myself peer pressured into adding the little helpful dealie under my name for my posts. Also getting kickin' rad character art still at some point!

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Consider myself peer pressured into adding the little helpful dealie under my name for my posts.
One of us! One of us! I like how they're all slightly different too

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Also getting kickin' rad character art still at some point!
Coolness. Although I do enjoy the mental image of all of the doorframes in the building having a notch in the center, so Doctor's 16-inch mohawk can fit...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Consider myself peer pressured into adding the little helpful dealie under my name for my posts. Also getting kickin' rad character art still at some point!

I make no claim to competence, bit I could try finding something

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Error 404 posted:

I make no claim to competence, bit I could try finding something

I actually have a pal drawing something up for me. :D

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I actually have a pal drawing something up for me. :D

Cool!

Regardless, here's some post-apocalyptic character portraits in case anyone needs 'em.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I forgot to remove the Bonefeel note in my header. Also it looks like the whole 'party' is getting together. Besides maybe Mr. Smith.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I forgot to remove the Bonefeel note in my header. Also it looks like the whole 'party' is getting together. Besides maybe Mr. Smith.

Poor Mr. :smith: left all alone...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Poor Mr. :smith: left all alone...

:mrgw:

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Not gonna lie, was kinda hoping the surgery thing would go sideways, who doesn't like re-enacting that scene from The Thing?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

Not gonna lie, was kinda hoping the surgery thing would go sideways, who doesn't like re-enacting that scene from The Thing?

A good movie.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

The best movie.

FTFY

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

PoultryGeist posted:

The reason why escapes me but the best part of one of my high school classes was the teacher (who was my dad) showing that scene to the whole class.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bear Enthusiast posted:

The reason why escapes me but the best part of one of my high school classes was the teacher (who was my dad) showing that scene to the whole class.

You have a cool dad.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nah, Alien is better

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

nah, Alien is better

I'll grant you it's a better movie, but I feel that the effects/design of the Thing are miles ahead, even though I'm a total Giger fanboy.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Error 404 posted:

You have a cool dad.

I remember a big part of him showing it was telling us that the guy playing the doctor was an actual double arm amputee with fake arms, so when his arms get bitten off it looks super real.

Maybe he just showed it for kicks?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Crap I did have something I wanted to look for in the market. Totally forgot.

Wanted to get some bicycles.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 18, 2015

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Hey Bear, don't you have a post before results? We got a 7 on the surgery so you pick 2.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Sorry for not updating yesterday, Daredevilitis finally got me. But at least it means Raven gets to try and pick up some wheels from a fine, upstanding biznessman

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I could really use the rest of my Savvyhead moves right about now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Extremely unlikely to see another post from me before Tuesday

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Hey Comrade Gorbash, I'm going to say Raven needs to Act Under Fire, with the fire being the possibility of the mob turning on you for your insolence.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Done and done. Edited my post to include my roll.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Sorry for the short updates the last few days, things have been hectic but I didn't want the game stalling out. Should be calmer for a while, so I should have more time for post-crafting.

Oh, and a heads-up. Once the Smith-Ronan and Raven-Emdey-Luka situations get resolved I will most likely call an end to the 'first session'

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I hit an improvement. I'm going to grab another gig and change up the crew, namely by recruiting a few more heads. Specifically, Twirl and the Wellmark Twins, who I'm working with PoultryGeist to flesh out a little.

A little "secret" with Raven is that I adapted her from a prior AW game that died early on. I liked the character a lot but didn't get to do a lot with her, so I wanted to give it another go. That being said, I had some stuff written up from before. I've updated it. So I hope you enjoy some of

Raven's Tall Tales
Where I Come From
Down in the Dark
Saddest Thing I've Seen
Worst People I Know

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 26, 2015

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I hit an improvement. I'm going to grab another gig and change up the crew, namely by recruiting a few more heads. Specifically, Twirl and the Wellmark Twins, who I'm working with PoultryGeist to flesh out a little.

A little "secret" with Raven is that I adapted her from a prior AW game that died early on. I liked the character a lot but didn't get to do a lot with her, so I wanted to give it another go. That being said, I had some stuff written up from before. I've updated it. So I hope you enjoy some of

Raven's Tall Tales
Where I Come From
Down in the Dark
Saddest Thing I've Seen
Worst People I Know

I don't know if it's kosher, but maybe Luka and his wolves could be part of your crew as a sort of formalized partnership thing?
Or is that not how things should work?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Prokosch, I think we will find that Mr. Smith will be seeking out Wombat shortly; reality's edge is certainly fraying...

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Error 404 posted:

I don't know if it's kosher, but maybe Luka and his wolves could be part of your crew as a sort of formalized partnership thing?
Or is that not how things should work?

If Luka wants to join I'm game! The book indicates other PCs can be crew members. At the very least you'll be one of my contacts.

There's not really any specific mechanical benefit, but definitely makes sense to me.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Comrade Gorbash posted:

If Luka wants to join I'm game! The book indicates other PCs can be crew members. At the very least you'll be one of my contacts.

There's not really any specific mechanical benefit, but definitely makes sense to me.

Cool!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Looks like things are winding down. I'm cool with JJ not seeing anything and heading home for end of session.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I always thought it was weird that the angel kit can't really help much if you're only at 3:00 or 6:00, but thems the breaks! I also forgot like halfway into my post and didn't want to lose that hot hot written content, so Doctor thought he a lot worse off than before due to him being a goddamn wolf-man.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I always thought it was weird that the angel kit can't really help much if you're only at 3:00 or 6:00, but thems the breaks! I also forgot like halfway into my post and didn't want to lose that hot hot written content, so Doctor thought he a lot worse off than before due to him being a goddamn wolf-man.

Yeah, unless I did it wrong I only got the one harm. I'll pay you a barter when I wake up. And I'll have to figure a way to clear that harm asap. But, at least now I know what move I'm taking next. :v:

Also haha at the mental image of emdey patching up an 8ft, 400lb monster. Like a kid climbing on a grownup.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Doctor's first aid is enough to get Luka awake, and the healing process started.

And there's still time for looking at things/chatting, I just didn't want the session end to come out of the blue.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Yeah, one of the great things about PbP is it handles asynchronous events really well.

Heck, Poultrygeist could call session end for Raven-Emdey-Luka and work with us on inter-session stuff while still RPing JJ and Mr Smith's parts to a good conclusion if it came to that.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

And there's still time for looking at things/chatting, I just didn't want the session end to come out of the blue.

as an MCing aside, I've done this a couple of times with good results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Captain Foo posted:

as an MCing aside, I've done this a couple of times with good results

Nifty, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still kicking the tires and easing myself into MCing, so I'm erring on the side of caution

• Locked thread