Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

come hang out and smoke weed with the maelstrom-industrial complex

Have you ever been a werewolf...on weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

"so, wombat, i didn't get any of the stuff i was planning to get for the projects, but i do have this giant bag of dank nugs now"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Here's the place Raven took over, more or less.

The street facing is narrow, but apparently they go way back into the block. Also the tower is apparently for hanging up hoses to dry, which is pretty neat.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Here's the place Raven took over, more or less.

The street facing is narrow, but apparently they go way back into the block. Also the tower is apparently for hanging up hoses to dry, which is pretty neat.

Raven got herself a place on the edge of the Haights, nice. She's moving up in the world.

Seriously though, that's some nifty architecture.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

PoultryGeist posted:

Raven got herself a place on the edge of the Haights, nice. She's moving up in the world.

Seriously though, that's some nifty architecture.

Yeah I found it pretty striking. It took me some work to figure out what the tower was for.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So I should take this as a sign from the dice gods that I should never read a sitch.
lol this is gonna hurt...

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Error 404 posted:

So I should take this as a sign from the dice gods that I should never read a sitch.
lol this is gonna hurt...

Look on the bright side, this means I get to make my first threat move...

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Hey Mr. Prokosch, is JJ using his own jingle on that roll or is the +1 from the 1-barter equivalent Gozo promised? Just trying to figure out how expensive of an item he just screwed up getting

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Actually because I didn't have anything in particular that I wanted I was asking a buddy to find the most expensive things still on the market for me. That +1 is for hot to manipulate with the promise of fixing up broken scrap into more valuable scrap as my leverage.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Ah, I misread that. Thanks for the correction, let's see what fun JJ gets himself into

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I just want to say I appreciate the completely appropriate use of my nicknames.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I have no idea why Mr. Smith insists on using Wombat, but such as it is

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

I have no idea why Mr. Smith insists on using Wombat, but such as it is

I feel like Raven uses a different one depending on whether or not she's happy with him at the given moment. JJ if she's cool with him, Wombat when she thinks he's being a big weirdo, and Fixit (with a sarcastic edge) when she's pissed at him.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Well, you went into it in your backround/app, so I figured it was important to the character. And its a decent way to do a bit of worldbuilding/NPC-detailing. I just pause and ask 'How does this NPC feel about JJ', and go from there.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Should we have redone highlights? I always forget when that happens.

Highlights are changed when someone says 'How about we change highlighted stats' at the beginning/end of a session.

I'm not sure if there will be an update tonight, I need to help a friend clear out their apartment.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

after tomorrow afternoon, I won't be able to post until sunday evening at the earliest but more realistically monday

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I just now noticed that "Bozer" and "Gozo" are different names, and now the last page or so makes a whole lot more sense.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Also I'm a dumb, but how do I get my harm clock back to 0:00?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Error 404 posted:

Also I'm a dumb, but how do I get my harm clock back to 0:00?

You recieved first aid from Emdey, and its been 4-5 days, so we'll say you're good. Healing from 3 or 6:00 requires some form of treatment, and either time or drugs if you want it to go away faster

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

PoultryGeist posted:

You recieved first aid from Emdey, and its been 4-5 days, so we'll say you're good. Healing from 3 or 6:00 requires some form of treatment, and either time or drugs if you want it to go away faster

Groovy. Doc asking about it reminded me to ask.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I just now noticed that "Bozer" and "Gozo" are different names, and now the last page or so makes a whole lot more sense.

yes, i could imagine that would be confusing

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Got a hot commission out of a friend of mine, so now Doctor isn't just a lovely Fallout screenshot I messed with in Adobe Illustrator! The days of the mohawk are long past, although I'll say it's still a canon Doctor haircut from her younger days.

I just want to post it everywhere, so if you can't be assed to check my character sheet post:

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Ok, put up an update so everyone is now at the meeting-place at the same time. Feel free to chat if you'd like. Gozo's presentation is going to be a bit of an effortpost with maps and pics and stuff, I'm hoping for later tonight but it may be tomorrow. Or if folks are having fun yakking, I'll hold off until it dies down

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Just so folks know what the NPCs involved in the assault are capable of, Keela has a small attack boat. Fast, lightly armored, with mounted machine guns, and room for 5 extra people. Bozer is basically a social manipulator/mindfuck. Not great in a stand-up fight, but he can bust out some serious mental juju if he can get people talking.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Right

So the boat should be a distraction and hit and fade only so as not get blown up.
Bozer and Smith should hold back with Doc, and move in to interrogate survivors once the fighting stops.

So looking forward to this! :v:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Love that ship's name by the way.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm thinking that wombat and smith can alter the direction of their research into making a sweet brain amp, hook it up to the van, and then with someone at the front lines holding the brain relay and a super-dense hotbox in the van we can drop some serious brain bombs on all PwrGas! fuckos

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

i'm thinking that wombat and smith can alter the direction of their research into making a sweet brain amp, hook it up to the van, and then with someone at the front lines holding the brain relay and a super-dense hotbox in the van we can drop some serious brain bombs on all PwrGas! fuckos

That sounds sick!
Also my wording was awkward in that I suggested Smith stay back with Doc and while Doc does her thing, you do yours with whoever we capture, etc. Not that you should tend the wounded.

At least Luka's vocabulistics isn't limited to I and AM and GROOT, exclusively in that order. :v:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

That sounds sick!
Also my wording was awkward in that I suggested Smith stay back with Doc and while Doc does her thing, you do yours with whoever we capture, etc. Not that you should tend the wounded.

At least Luka's vocabulistics isn't limited to I and AM and GROOT, exclusively in that order. :v:

well, smith doesn't think much of luka beyond him being a uninformed smelly meathead, so either way I guess this works!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hi i'm a brain relay

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

and i'm a pain-wave projector

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Foo, that was awesome, it reminded me of Gibson...with a righteously dank spleef. :hi5:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Foo, that was awesome, it reminded me of Gibson...with a righteously dank spleef. :hi5:

:kimchi:

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
So I'll have the specifics of building the Brain Cannon(tm) in the IC post tonight, but I figured I'd put up how it would work here.

First, its powered by JJ's antenna, so an augury roll will be required, for the • Isolate and contain a fragment of the world’s psychic maelstrom itself effect. The modifiers chosen will determine things like will someone have to actively maintain the effect or will there be enough bleed to maybe attract weirdos.

Then, someone hooked to the device makes psychic attack moves. These moves gain the Area tag, and the area involved is understood to be kinda big. Please note though: sufficient amounts of tinfoil will negate the ap tag for these attacks.

That sound reasonable to folks?

On a completely different subject, a Queenie (ie the Bay jingle):

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Want a manipulate roll to ask Gozo's crew to front the fuckton of jingle?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Hey Mr. Prokosch, Old Cotter is trying to pinch all the pennies/Queenies he can. If JJ really wants to try and get something extra, I'm gonna need a Manipulate. 'Do you want me to make a superweapon or nor' is sufficient leverage.

e: jinx

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Edited my post, got a 9

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Error 404 posted:

So do you mean I have 2 barter now? odd. I miscounted.

Hmm, I may have not been the clearest.

'Please come to my time-share salespitch pitch to assault PwrGas!: 1-barter in jingle or market trade

'You're going to storm the castle/power plant? Ok, your pay is:'
-1-barter in jingle in advance, for expenses
-permission to snag loot during the assault (value depends on what you find)
-equal shares of the go-juice stockpile (value depends on how may folks are left to claim it)

So yes, everyone who came to the presentation and agreed to fight/assist is 2-barter richer. And yes, this is alot of resources for Gozo to be throwing around.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

PoultryGeist posted:

Hmm, I may have not been the clearest.

'Please come to my time-share salespitch pitch to assault PwrGas!: 1-barter in jingle or market trade

'You're going to storm the castle/power plant? Ok, your pay is:'
-1-barter in jingle in advance, for expenses
-permission to snag loot during the assault (value depends on what you find)
-equal shares of the go-juice stockpile (value depends on how may folks are left to claim it)

So yes, everyone who came to the presentation and agreed to fight/assist is 2-barter richer. And yes, this is alot of resources for Gozo to be throwing around.

Ok, yeah I did miscount. I didn't realize we got paid just for showing up.

Groovy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

okay, will update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Assuming everyone in game right now is speaking Murken, I'm just gonna state (because it's awesome) that Luka also knows Candarin. :v:

• Locked thread