Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Back shots n buckshots, gutshots n nutshots
Burns n blisters, bugs n boils n rabid squoils
Don’t you fret, don’t you fear
Docwagon’s here!
We’ll fix you up, we’ll set you right
We’ll get you ready for your next big fight!
Docwagon!
~Guitar riff~
Docwaaaagoon!

The squeaky speakers cut out with a final blast of electronica butt rock.

“Is it poo poo? Is it the poo poo? It’s poo poo right? It’s lovely poo poo! Nobody taught me how to write songs man. Nobody taught me poo poo. It’s all about iterations. You gotta try and fail and that’s how you learn. That’s what I’m doing with this docwagon thing here. I made the wagon, see? It’s right there, great van, just great. I made all this poo poo you see. I made it cause I got a brain. I can fix anything now. Make anything. Do I know how to fix a femur? poo poo no! And that’s, like, a limitation. We gotta break out limitations. Maybe I make a mistake here and there while I learn. Maybe I need some poo poo, I don’t got, I don’t even know I need until I need it. Better than nothing man. Probably. So I stock up this wagon with, like, medicine. I got the lab making medicine now, I think. Probably medicine."

quote:

NAME: Jay “Doc” Johnson aka “JJ” aka “Wombat” aka “Fix-It”

LOOK: Boy, tech wear, expressive face, dancing eyes, wiry body

STATS: Cool-1 Hard=0 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Weird+2

SAVVYHEAD MOVES:

Bonefeel: at the beginning of the session, roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 1+1. On a 7–9, hold 1. At any time, either you or the MC can spend your hold to have you already be there, with the proper tools and knowledge, with or without any clear explanation why. If your hold was 1+1, take +1forward now. On a miss, the MC holds 1, and can spend it to have you already be there, but somehow pinned, caught or trapped.

Spooky intense: when you do something under fire, roll + weird instead of roll + cool

GEAR

Angel Kit (pending approval). "I got a book, says these are the tools I need to fix up people."
SMG. "Nobody doesn't have a gun. This is a great gun because it shots a lot of bullets. It's all about the bullet delivery time."
Fashion worth 1-armor.

quote:

Workshop – “The Hole”

Jay’s set up shop in this sweet underground storage spot. Building fell down, but the basement’s still there. Just gotta find the stairs in the rubble. He’s filled it with all the cool poo poo he could snatch.

A van – got it running, got it painted, still working on the speakers and some of the medical poo poo. It’s parked out back. Jay hosed with the starter so only he knows how to get it going, but that doesn’t stop some rear end in a top hat from striping the thing if they get the hankering. It’s parked out of sight from the street though. So either somebody would have to be real curious or know where to look.

Weird-rear end electronica – Just piles of glowing, beeping, spinning, whatever-ing stuff. Anything that caught Jay’s eye and he figured he could take without getting his hands chopped off

A controlled growing environment – Jay set it up a while ago. Might have been the reason he moved in, in the first place. Used to grow pot. Then he figured he could solve the food crises and grew tomatoes. Tired of tomatoes. Way too many tomatoes. Now he’s gonna be a doctor so he’s trying to get opium going. Could also sell it on the side.

He’s got power for his poo poo. Scrounged solar panels from SF hippies, set them up around the neighborhood and wired the place. Assholes keep cutting the wires though.

BIO
JJ is just a young genius who never knew anything but the apocalypse. His ma got pregnant young. Never knew his pa. Ma was alright until she left and never came back. The boy scrounged for food, did odd jobs all over town. Fixed things, found things, got in with a gang for a while, The Boyz, until they had a disagreement about resource allocation. He spends most of his time tinkering with things and reading the library books that haven't been burned yet. It's been a few years now, he's sprung into an gangly, hungry, teen. People are starting to hear about him though. He does good work, got the special touch for tech. His rep would probably be better if he stuck to one project, but most people these days will tolerate a little weirdness. This doctoring poo poo is a little iffy. It's not like people don't want a doctor, especially one that will come to you. It's just... who wants the Wombat to tinker with your insides?

Someone I like:

Father Paul
A Priest of the Order, when I ran off from the gang I had trouble finding food and the chills were extra bad. Man was out leading some kind of freak hunt, stumbled on me. Decided I wasn't a freak, very generous considering my interests. Good man, maybe too good for his work. Takes his titles seriously, never a good idea. He gave me food, shared a few words, even invited me to head to the Watchtower, sign up as an apprentice. I never took him up. I need my freedom.

Someone you don't like:
]
Spiral
I'm all about the love. I don't mean wrong by nobody. So it's not like I don't like. But sometimes I'm not so liked, you know what I mean? Some folks, they're way to into property rights. Property is a matter of consensus, you know? There's like a public interest. And when I found out Spiral was getting pissy because I took some poo poo, poo poo he wasn't even watching, he don't even know what it is, I brought it right back. You know what he did? He broke my loving arm! Said it was about respect. Said I was getting off easy. Said if I try poo poo again he'd chop it off. drat man, you know how hard it is to work with a broke arm? Thing never even set right. Now it bends back all funny, see? See how it bends?

Weird/Scary/Creepy thing
gently caress yeah! I thought you'd never ask! You see this vial? It's got death mist in it! I've been working on a way to, like, scan and isolate the death substan..., no that's boring, that's poo poo. I got this piece of tech here. It can read brains! You want your brain read? It beeps when you think about girls... I think. Maybe it beeps every 8 seconds? Hard to tell. Hard to tell. I put it on my jar brain and it worked though. Huh? My jar brain? Yeah I found it up in the Wastes. Yeah, I go to the wastes. Like all the time. It's where you find the coolest stuff. Anyway, I think the brain is alive, man. That's why the scanner works! Someday I'm gonna find a person that's only dead in the brain and I'll see if I can plug the jar in. Wouldn't that be wild! Hey, you doing anything with your body? Not now, jeez, but you know, if you end up dead. Mind if I use your parts? I think I can make a cyborg. Principals are all laid out in this book I read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

PoultryGeist posted:

Jay/Doc/JJ/Wombat/Fix-it/Whatever: Folks know you do good work there kiddo, even if you can’t stay still for more than five minutes. But what’s the biggest, most stick-to-it-est thing you’ve built or problem solved?

This grow lab was no small thing. It was really pretty big! Proper light fixtures, heating, water, reliable electricity, this poo poo is like civilization in your pocket! Like a little space ship underground! Biodome 2 man!

You know, I'm not a bad guy. Really! I first got started because I saw everybody being all stressed out all the time. Figured we needed some mellow in this town. Like back in the good days. Like rainbows and feelings and chill. So I look up what's the most chill chemical around? Tetrahydrocannabinol! But then we had that bad winter. Wrong chill. Chills came down hard, all the green folks planted turned brown and dead. I saw what was going down, so I switched quick as you please! Tomatoes! I expanded the whole operation for it! Tracked down the best seeds, altered the conditions for a perfect grow, and I beat out everybody for fresh produce! Only fresh poo poo for a month until the outdoor gardeners got going again. My prices were crazy cheap too, basically gave the poo poo away... You know, I didn't want to get shot over being the only guy with food. Now it's cool again, don't need so many tomatoes.

Then Lightning Jack, that prick! Don't tell him I said that! Lightning Jack, he blasts the hospital! loving sick people flopping around all over the place now! So we don't need food, we need medicine! So whose there to save the day! Me! Doc! Folks call me Doc now, or they will. Most don't know yet.

You sure dug up a lot of names by the way! My real name is Jay. Johnson if we're being formal, and we never are. Good buddies call me JJ. We good buddies? Fix-it is what I was calling myself when I was a repair man. Still do that I guess? So yeah, I'm still Fix-it, or whatever. Like you throw something weird at me and I'll fix it. Maybe even tell you what it does!

You heard the Wombat thing too huh? Well, Wombat was my kid name. You know I was running with these guys and we all picked animal code names. There was like "snake" and "tiger" and poo poo. Well I read more than the other guys, so I knew animal names they never seen. So I whipped out a name I heard, didn't really know what the animal was either. But since I knew a little more, I got to make up what it was. So I was like "15 foot tall acid spitting lizard that eats tigers for breakfast!" I still don't know what a Wombat is. I guess it's a cool name. But I don't run with them no more, so, like, call me Doc. JJ if we're friends.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Hx
You all are a bunch of strange dudes. I can dig it. I think Raven is the weirdest though. Seems like you got something to prove! I mean sure, we got the creepy dude. But his creepiness is just who he is. Same thing with the werewolf. Like, he just does his thing. Dr. Emdey is, like, a doctor. But it's us folks that want to keep pushing, even in this broken down world. It's us whose strange together. Raven gets +1 Hx

Everyone else -1 Hx. I'm an open book, not my fault if you can't read.

Mr Smith is the biggest potential problem. He's got all those secrets locked in his head, but he doesn't share. Just not polite.

Everyone else -1. Drop by sometime and show me something cool, then we'll talk.

On a more general note, I'll let Dr. Emdey decide what our relationship is. JJ could be a quasi apprentice, quasi competitor, even a quasi stranger.

The workshop is on the south edge of the Heap, underneath the ruins of a skyscraper. It fell over, but the basement is just fine.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
So Mr. Smith will pick either Luka or JJ to highlight the stat?

Bonefeel: 2d6+2 10

It's gonna be a good day.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Captain Foo posted:

Mr. Smith

Wombat, take the highlight.

phone posting right now, will clean everything up tomorrow afternoon or Monday at the latest

You're one weird dude Mr. Smith, just how I like 'em.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I love bonefeel but I also tend to just let it hang out there for a while. If the MC thinks it'll make a scene cooler to have me there go ahead, and if anyone wants me at bust into the scene at some point with exactly what I need just give the nod. For now I'm just in my tech cave following my curiosity.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I forgot to remove the Bonefeel note in my header. Also it looks like the whole 'party' is getting together. Besides maybe Mr. Smith.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Hey Bear, don't you have a post before results? We got a 7 on the surgery so you pick 2.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I could really use the rest of my Savvyhead moves right about now.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Looks like things are winding down. I'm cool with JJ not seeing anything and heading home for end of session.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Could Mr. Smith be the guy sneaking up on me or is this a new thing?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Sounds good to me, just wanted a bit of meta-clarity for both of us. You're up Smith!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Alright! I think Emdey and Smith know me better. I think I'll give the point to Emdey because I ended up showing Smith my toys and then driving out to the hospital to deliver the stuff, found out for some reason that she was waiting for me still and picked her up way late. I got the bullet holes in the docwagon to prove I was not just flaking but I was also totally flaking.

Between sessions to-do list:
1. Fix my drat wires
2. Work with Mr. Smith to get a real a genuine working Maelstrom Antenna working.
3. Show off my toys
4. Finally deliver the harvest and process it in the drug lab
5. Get a message to Raven that I want to raid the hospital for broken but still valuable equipment. In exchange I'll set her up with a sweet home base I've scouted out and even put in some man-hours making it nice.
6. Work on figuring out a way to give my cyborg parasite man a rich and full life as a half-person with his own agency again.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Oh right, also start of next session stuff.

Bonefeel: 2d6+2 11

Bam! Been rolling hot for this game!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I think that should be PoultryGeists call. If he has a cool idea for it then it's an alright way to start the session. If not then we can just use the operator move. The advantage of the Operator is that you can do work outside of play. It also depends on the rewards. You get a barter for doing it, I would like the equipment I need for a full body scanner and maybe some medical supplies to re-fill Stock. If we come out of it with just you having barter because it's the operator move that's not a great deal for me.

So, yeah, it depends on if he wants it to be a part of next session or if he'd rather keep focus on the main plot.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Actually because I didn't have anything in particular that I wanted I was asking a buddy to find the most expensive things still on the market for me. That +1 is for hot to manipulate with the promise of fixing up broken scrap into more valuable scrap as my leverage.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I just want to say I appreciate the completely appropriate use of my nicknames.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Want a manipulate roll to ask Gozo's crew to front the fuckton of jingle?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Edited my post, got a 9

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It's cool, I figured you were just waiting for the two of us to chat with each other or whatever.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, I'm close to triggering my Bonefeel but I'm not sure if right this moment is the ideal time. Either the GM or Luka can throw me in if you think it's appropriate.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I'm holding off on my post because bad thing for Luka probably = bad thing for me at this point. My plan is to hit the gas but maybe that will be a bigger problem now.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Dammit Luka! Stop using your eyes for stuff!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Man, this is a hard one. Emdey went along for the rescue and that's worth something, but I think I've been buddying up with Smith for this session mostly. So Smith gets the +1 Hx.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Right, highlights. Well my current Hx line is:
Hx: Emdey+1 Luka+1 Mr. Smith+2 Raven-2

Emdey has already given her Hx so I think Smith gets mine.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I'm just sad no one has tried to read JJ's brain yet. I got a metaphor all ready to go.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Rolling bonefeel:

Bonefeel: 2d6+2 7

Regular old teleport. That gets me up to 0/5 and I'm taking +1 weird. Hopefully this way all our brains won't explode the wrong way.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Super harsh, but I figured the Doc angle in my app was when we didn't have an Angel, so it can go.

Did I ever get payed for my work on the boat?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Should I roll stuff in the dream?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Sorry if my posts have been shorter and slower lately. I don't have reliable internet this summer, but it's usually good enough to make a forum post once a day or so.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Seems like JJ was flying solo for most of this session. Lots political exposition that completely missed him. He probably would have ignored it even if somebody explained it anyway. But Mr Smith saw several new sides of him. Even grabbed one back. So there's the Hx.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Bonefeel: 2d6+3 8
Forgot about that one. Looks like I get a regular teleport / exactly what I need

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I'm at improvement #5. For 6 I'm thinking of getting a second character. Sound alright or too much of a crowd? If I do here are some options, and I'll make full apps if everyone, especially the GM, thinks some fit in. I'm thinking maybe:

Father Paul the Touchstone
We haven't seen a lot of him, or the priestly folk, but he's in the world but not that well established. Given what we know he's a perfect Touchstone.

Mark Stevens the Quarantine
We're going to break into one of those facilities one day. Might be a frozen dude in there.

Nori the Maestro D
Only thing we've seen of the Yakuza is an entry in the people list. Nori runs a Tea House / Stronghold for the Yakuza, and they're looking to make some big moves with the Bay being shaken up lately.

Priest the Gunlugger
Our group is super weird and mostly chummy. A hardline monster hunter might be cool if we want some more conflict in here.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
The first time you advance 3 moves of your choice. If you take it again you advance the other 4.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, I think me and Smith have been shooting up in XP because we roll weird all the time and it's highlighted. I'll be getting even more now because when I help or interfere I roll weird, which means another xp. You need Sharp, Cool, or Hot or something. Don't you get xp or Hx when you heal people though?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Oh right. I thought it was closer to Scrappers but I suppose south of it would be the workshop and it's fairly close to the workshop. I removed scrappers as the place I'm going, I'm just teleporting to near the drones so I can send out a counter-signal.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I like to think my continual failure to proof read is just part of JJs mystique

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Aww that's so sweet. I'm happy that the game has been healthy for a good amount of time. Longest PBP AW game I've played, wish I could have had more time with my European Gunlugger.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I cut you off and started yelling and throwing keys at you before you got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
The channel has been mentioned a few times. Can I get the address in the op because i can't find it and mostly forgot that was a thing.

• Locked thread