Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm gonna make something, just y'all wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith. A Brainer.

pre:
Stats: Cool+2 Hard-1 Hot-1 Sharp=0 Weird+2
Looks: Man, office wear,  smooth face, soft eyes, slight body.
Moves:
Direct-brain whisper projection: you can roll+weird to get the effects of going aggro, without 
 going aggro. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact. If your
 victim forces your hand, your mind counts as a weapon (1-harm ap close loud-optional).
Casual brain receptivity: when you read someone, roll+weird instead of roll+sharp. Your victim 
 has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact.
Gear:
silenced 9mm (2-harm close hi-tech)
oddly patched tweed jacket (1-armor)
pain-wave projector (1-harm ap area loud reload hi-tech) Goes off like a reusable grenade. Hits everyone but you.
brain relay (area close hi-tech) For purposes of brainer moves, if someone can see your brain relay, they can see you.
oddments worth 5-barter
Hx: Luka +3 Wombat +3 Raven +2 Doctor +2
Bio: The Great Gold Bay. It's home, isn't it? Home is where the heart is, or so they say. Hearts are overrated, I say. Sure, it keeps you alive, but just living is boring. It's all about what's going on upstairs. That's what really makes me me, and you you. Everyone's got their secrets, their goals, their dreams. I've got mine, too. But what you don't know doesn't hurt you. What I don't know, though? That hurts you. Because I aim to find out.

Gozo. I like this guy. Runs a small market. Thing is, he doesn't fear me. A lot of people do, right off the bat, even if they don't know why. Makes him easy to talk to. We try not to antagonize each other too much, and I can usually get some pretty good deals from him. Likewise, people don't tend to gently caress around in Gozo's market. Much.

Lightning Jack. I don't like this guy. Runs a small gang. He's got no morals. None. Wiped out Lady Torsa's hospital for jingle. A big pile of jingle, but still. Hospital. He comes around every so often, offering jingle to join up with him. So far, he's taken no for an answer. One of these days he's going to take a different tack.

Campfire. Does someone mind telling me what the gently caress these are?

And what they're doing in everyone around here's dreams?

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 2, 2015

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

Mr. Smith: Oh hi Mr. Smith, its, err, nice to see you? Now, looking in other’s heads is you thing, for fun or money. So what’s the worst, holy-poo poo-that’s-big secret you’ve pulled out of someone’s brainmeats?

You know the real reason Boss Keeler's hold on the Bridge fell apart overnight? Rolfball found out he was fuckin' Bish. I'll let you guess as to who I yanked that out of.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nice!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:f5:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

Everyone: Write Hx-1. My secrets are mine alone.

Luka: I told you that you needed to find somewhere else to go with your crew after the...issues that emerged when you were supposed to be working at the Bridge for me. Instead, you stayed in my building. I told you not to. Nothing happened. Or did it? I write Hx+3.

Wombat: I see you have a brain in a jar. I see you have trouble figuring out its secrets. I see you have no idea that the expert lurks in the shadows. I see an interesting future. I write Hx+3.

Everyone else: I take what you tell me and write it +1.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

Wombat, take the highlight.

phone posting right now, will clean everything up tomorrow afternoon or Monday at the latest

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

An mp5 is an SMG, not a machine pistol :bustem:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Both actually! :science:

literally german for machine pistol, but it's classified as an smg! hooray!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Edited my post, changed the thought process at the end

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Poor Mr. :smith: left all alone...

:mrgw:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

Not gonna lie, was kinda hoping the surgery thing would go sideways, who doesn't like re-enacting that scene from The Thing?

A good movie.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nah, Alien is better

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Extremely unlikely to see another post from me before Tuesday

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Prokosch, I think we will find that Mr. Smith will be seeking out Wombat shortly; reality's edge is certainly fraying...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

And there's still time for looking at things/chatting, I just didn't want the session end to come out of the blue.

as an MCing aside, I've done this a couple of times with good results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

Nifty, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still kicking the tires and easing myself into MCing, so I'm erring on the side of caution

yeah man! Do what you're comfortable with, just wanted to let you know that it isn't prima facie a bad option

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Fyi the move I intend to get is the faceless' move about being unstoppable and gives you -2 to harm rolls.

Also, I'm loving this game so much. The JJ and Smith weed power hour is a lot of fun to read so far.

:2bong: :yayclod: :henget:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wombat can take Smith's point.

Also willing to spend up to 2-barter in the downtime to get weird parts/labor/guinea pigs

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 26, 2015

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Spending 2-barter:
Buying some weird-rear end esoterica, also guinea pigs: 2d6+2 6

:pram:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

Y'all blowing barter rolls will never not be hilarious. Time to make some new merchants/complications

guess I was too obvious about saying "we are going to gently caress with your brain and you also might get eaten by Maelstrom creatures, but it's for SCIENCE so don't worry ok friends"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Guess we're going to need to get in touch with Maximus now, ugh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Pseudoscience uber alles

hail

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Besides helping JJ with the drug lab I don't really have any between session goals. Should I just roll to buy something random and hope that I get a 6 too just for cohesion? :D

come hang out and smoke weed with the maelstrom-industrial complex

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

come hang out and smoke weed with the maelstrom-industrial complex

oh man do I love Apocalypse World :3:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

"so, wombat, i didn't get any of the stuff i was planning to get for the projects, but i do have this giant bag of dank nugs now"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I just want to say I appreciate the completely appropriate use of my nicknames.

I have no idea why Mr. Smith insists on using Wombat, but such as it is

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

after tomorrow afternoon, I won't be able to post until sunday evening at the earliest but more realistically monday

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I just now noticed that "Bozer" and "Gozo" are different names, and now the last page or so makes a whole lot more sense.

yes, i could imagine that would be confusing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm thinking that wombat and smith can alter the direction of their research into making a sweet brain amp, hook it up to the van, and then with someone at the front lines holding the brain relay and a super-dense hotbox in the van we can drop some serious brain bombs on all PwrGas! fuckos

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

That sounds sick!
Also my wording was awkward in that I suggested Smith stay back with Doc and while Doc does her thing, you do yours with whoever we capture, etc. Not that you should tend the wounded.

At least Luka's vocabulistics isn't limited to I and AM and GROOT, exclusively in that order. :v:

well, smith doesn't think much of luka beyond him being a uninformed smelly meathead, so either way I guess this works!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hi i'm a brain relay

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

and i'm a pain-wave projector

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Foo, that was awesome, it reminded me of Gibson...with a righteously dank spleef. :hi5:

:kimchi:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

So yes, everyone who came to the presentation and agreed to fight/assist is 2-barter richer. And yes, this is alot of resources for Gozo to be throwing around.

okay, will update

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

We're in the middle of a busy weekend posting no-zone as I am prone to

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SMAC is good things

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Not that I'm aware of, but off the top of my head I'd wing one gang level is about equivalent to one vehicle level.

a small gang would get harm + armor bonuses against a single person
a person in a light vehicle would get harm + armor bonuses against a single person
a small gang would be on equal footing against a light vehicle

a medium gang would get harm + armor bonuses against a light vehicle
a medium vehicle would get harm + armor bonuses against a small gang
a medium gang would be on equal footing against a medium vehicle

accounting of course for tags on the vehicles (and or stats, see pg 246) or gangs; determining how the vehicle stacks up to the gang is going to be the MCs call, I think.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'