Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

Are you going ahead with the obvious theme or did you have something else in mind?

Not sure as yet but I have told the others there has to be a supercharger somewhere.

Bajaha posted:

E: please keep a log of what parts are known to be from what originally. Curious to see just how far your rabbit hole goes.

Oh, it got even stranger. How does part numbers that came off a model that didnt exist yet sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh, it got even stranger. How does part numbers that came off a model that didnt exist yet sound?

08+ oil pump?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Close. Very, very close. Needs more "2010" and "Spec C" however. And think more oil cooling.

At which point we're just wondering how the hell that happened. Right now I wouldnt be surprised if a 22B part number appeared on something.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I forgot, have you had the car since new?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CharlesM posted:

I forgot, have you had the car since new?

Since 3000kms. Subaru claimed it was an "Executive car" ie used by execs as a runaround up to 5000 kms. They then sell em as "lightly used but as far as the sale goes, we'll call it new but with a hefty discount", so thence I'm the first owner.

Just like anything about that car, it's complicated.

Just Kaptain Ballistik would hurry up so I can unveil what's next in the garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Being a Subaru owned car early on, I wonder if it was grenaded / smashed up early in its life and cobbled back together on the sly using whatever spare / used / pre production parts were lying around in a Subaru corporate workshop.

• Locked thread