Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

8raz posted:

What was the bet?

That luvd would disappear until Arsenal start winning again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

8raz posted:

What was the bet?

money to some charity i dont really remember

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

serious gaylord posted:

That luvd would disappear until Arsenal start winning again.

nobody would offer odds on this

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
if arsenal weren't utterly spineless mental weaklings they would have romped to the title this season and last fact.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool are so bad and all their fans are bad and Brendan Rodgers is punishment for all of Liverpool's sins.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

excuse me lady posted:

if arsenal weren't utterly spineless mental weaklings they would have romped to the title this season and last fact.

they've got all the talent in the world but their mentality is shocking, cowardly team

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
e:im bad at posting

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I had a quick look at old threads for luvd's charity bet thing, didn't find that but...

luvd, in July posted:

Chelsea will win the league. United will get back in the CL places. Liverpool will drop out and RAWK will be hilarious to read.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

excuse me lady posted:

it's true, arsenal would be great if they weren't in fact arsenal

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

HJB posted:

I had a quick look at old threads for luvd's charity bet thing, didn't find that but...

i'll go back and find it, think it was dickemery or someone

also :smug: losing suarez was always going to be massive, jeff

e - yeah cant find it after a quick search and i cba to do a proper one. maybe it was evilhawk, idk one of the liverpool fans. tbp should remember.

not not luvd fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 4, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

not not luvd posted:

e - yeah cant find it after a quick search and i cba to do a proper one. maybe it was evilhawk, idk one of the liverpool fans. tbp should remember.

Actually I think it may have been me but I honestly can't remember what we bet on or what the cost was.

Also I hate football.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Herrera has scored with all of his shots on target in the league. Only 5, but still :catstare:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

not not luvd posted:

so who was it that i had that bet with at the beginning of the season?

i know tbp was one, who was the other

get your wallets out

i am a man of my word

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

not not luvd posted:

i think its a just a "you pick the charity" type thing, dont remember the dollar amount though, lmk what you wanna do

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

not not luvd posted:

I'm not nearly stupid enough to bet on Liverpool.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Zamora's goal was much better than Adam's.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah was it ten pounds to a charity? Regardless there are still twenty-one points to play for and we're nine behind...I still have faith...

:smith:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I am not liking the way this table is shaping up, not at all. Half of City are off in the summer and they know it so it's not like they're going to give a gently caress in this last run of matches :ohdear:

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

not not luvd posted:

To be fair to luvd I do have a vague recollection of betting Arsenal would finish below Liverpool.
So nominate a charity and I'll chuck a tenner their way.

When it's mathematically certain of course.
iwanttobelieve.jpg

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

excuse me lady posted:

if water wasn't wet my aunt couldn't wash her balls in it

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
you are all good people

im not too fussy where it goes, i'd do http://www.wwf.org.uk/ or http://www.wateraid.org/uk but if you want to do another cause it's all good

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

not not luvd posted:

you are all good people

im not too fussy where it goes, i'd do http://www.wwf.org.uk/ or http://www.wateraid.org/uk but if you want to do another cause it's all good

Give it to that guy that wants to get Kony.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Give it to that guy that wants to get Kony.

Arry isn't working anywhere atm so it would be a bit pointless

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Not sure what all the fuss is about with Adam's goal. It wasn't even the best goal scored yesterday. Big Bobby Zamora's goal was a stonker. Then Defoe scores a lovely one today

I feel like I'm insane

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Not sure what all the fuss is about with Adam's goal. It wasn't even the best goal scored yesterday. Big Bobby Zamora's goal was a stonker. Then Defoe scores a lovely one today

I feel like I'm insane

Goal of the Season is measured purely by the metric of (loving miles away) x (foot like a traction engine)

So it is and so it shall always be

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I feel like I'm insane
zamora and rooneys were really good but there's a reason why goals that far out are rare. i think i can remember like, two times offhand when players have attempted it and failed (there's almost certainly way more but they're usually just seen as wasteful and forgotten quickly).

adam did what pele couldn't so if you think about it, he's actually better.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
If you happen to look up and notice the keeper is way off his line, any professional player can score Adam's goal. But long range shots are the most memorable. In 3 years I won't remember Zamora or Defoe's goal, but I'll remember that time Charlie Adam scored from 10 yards inside his own half.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It's not that impressive as Charlie Adam tries dumb shots like that all the time, only on this occasion it worked

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
against the team at the top of the table and one of the most in form keepers in the world.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fabianski saves it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Defoe's goal was a lucky as gently caress goal that didn't go anywhere near where he intended it to. Adam has goal of the season in the bag.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jordan Henderson has turned down a new contract too. He'll go to City to replace Yaya Toure IMO

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Liverpool are a sinking ship. RIP.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

euroboy posted:

Jordan Henderson has turned down a new contract too. He'll go to City to replace Yaya Toure IMO

Both Chelsea and City will be buying every english player they can this window.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

This could be disastrous for them, but I'll lol as Liverpool fans meltdown about young players demanding salaries they haven't earned as their squad crumbles.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

serious gaylord posted:

Both Chelsea and City will be buying every english player they can this window.

Henderson, Sterling, Kane, Ward-Prowse, Barkley, Austin, Ings, Stones, lots of English players that could go somewhere this season

Oh and Milner lol

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

euroboy posted:

Not worried about this one just yet, he starts every game here and the midfield will be built around him and Coutinho from now on.

Raheem Sterling though, zoinks

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
reckon sterling will go, henderson will use his leaving to get a massive deal the same way theo used cesc, nasri and rvp leaving to get more than he's worth

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I expect Henderson to eventually sign a new contract on huge wages, but Sterling is as good as gone it seems like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Anybody know if Pogba would qualify as a homegrown player under the premier league rules if he transferred to a club in England? I suspect he might, but I am not sure about all of the requirements.

• Locked thread