Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm struggling to comprehend what utter poo poo bottling cunts Man City, Liverpool, and Spurs all are, they should be ashamed of themselves and so should all of their fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'd really like John Carver to be sacked or at least replaced with whoever is first choice in the summer now before Newcastle end up in a relegation battle

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

trem_two posted:

Anybody know if Pogba would qualify as a homegrown player under the premier league rules if he transferred to a club in England? I suspect he might, but I am not sure about all of the requirements.
I just googled it and apparently he missed the cut-off by 3 months. If he'd been signed by an English club in January he would have hit the criteria but he's too old now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ule-stinks.html

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
What a gay season, gently caress my life.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Hoops posted:

I just googled it and apparently he missed the cut-off by 3 months. If he'd been signed by an English club in January he would have hit the criteria but he's too old now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ule-stinks.html

Cool, thanks

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Blue Star Error posted:

I'm struggling to comprehend what utter poo poo bottling cunts Man City, Liverpool, and Spurs all are, they should be ashamed of themselves and so should all of their fans.
I'll have you know that I am ashamed. For years I've been posting "2 easy", only for it to blow up in my red face.

However, next year we will be back.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Xabi posted:

I'll have you know that I am ashamed. For years I've been posting "2 easy", only for it to blow up in my red face.

However, next year we will be back.

We're gonna win the league next year, we have the best players in the world in every position.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

they are and they should

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
interesting to see who steps up with gerrard leaving

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Coutinho

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Your Weird Uncle posted:

i hope we beat "lester" on saturday

i cant believe we lost to "lester"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

not not luvd posted:

interesting to see who steps up with gerrard leaving

Henderson and Sterling are stepping up to better teams :xd:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Hoops posted:

Not worried about this one just yet, he starts every game here and the midfield will be built around him and Coutinho from now on.

Raheem Sterling though, zoinks

I reckon Henderson will get a new deal with the captaincy as soon as Gerrard leaves.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

serious gaylord posted:

Henderson and Sterling are stepping up to better teams :xd:

Haha drat, but that's an excellent point. IMO the last thing Liverpool need is to lose their best players. In the process they will be strengthening their rivals and weakening themselves, and they're in a pretty weak position to begin with, fragile in fact. It's a pretty poor squad with a lack of depth and a manager who's slowly losing the plot. What's the future for Liverpool FC? I couldn't tell you, but I can say it looks bleak and hollow and awful.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Machinegunboyo posted:

I couldn't tell you, but I can say it looks bleak and hollow and awful.

Much like the city they play in

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

I am most definitely ashamed that a bunch of people I don't know personally and have no interaction with are bad at football

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I am most definitely ashamed that a bunch of people I don't know personally and have no interaction with are bad at football
No don't do it

Hold the line men

HOLD

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Henderson hasn't turned down anything, they've postponed contract talks until the end of the season. He'll be made captain and be handed the majority of the ex-Gerrard wages.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Postponed. Just like Sterlings have been postponed.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Was going to write a huge effort post on Liverpool but honestly it just comes down to us making big mistakes when buying players. Mario was never ever a good fit for a Rodgers side as he doesn't press at all and plays with his back to goal. Markovic and Moreno have potential but the former looks scared of the ball and the latter doesn't know how to defend. Lovren has been an absolute disaster and will probably leave for half of what we paid for him. Lallana is a good player but with no proper striker to feed has looked short of ideas. Can is the only real success and he's being played out of position.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Blue Star Error posted:

why would we be ashamed the Bale money was spent on players like Soldado and Paulinho?

swansong
May 7, 2005

Goonfleet said I have to post on SA more
Sterling can get hosed if he doesn't get his head out of his rear end and take a contract. Really don't think he'd be that sorely missed. Ibe can do the job. Hendo's not going anywhere (right?).

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lallana is a good player but with no proper striker to feed has looked short of ideas. Can is the only real success and he's being played out of position.

Yeap, Can has been outstanding and agreed on Lallana. Origi is coming I guess.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

I am OP.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ewar Woowar posted:

Was going to write a huge effort post on Liverpool but honestly it just comes down to us making big mistakes when buying players. Mario was never ever a good fit for a Rodgers side as he doesn't press at all and plays with his back to goal. Markovic and Moreno have potential but the former looks scared of the ball and the latter doesn't know how to defend. Lovren has been an absolute disaster and will probably leave for half of what we paid for him. Lallana is a good player but with no proper striker to feed has looked short of ideas. Can is the only real success and he's being played out of position.

I remember reading posts by liverpool posters about Balotelli and Lovren and Moreno being good. It's hazy, but weren't people especially singing Lovren's praises not that long ago? Did they turn to poo poo or were they actually poo poo all along?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

I remember reading posts by liverpool posters about Balotelli and Lovren and Moreno being good. It's hazy, but weren't people especially singing Lovren's praises not that long ago? Did they turn to poo poo or were they actually poo poo all along?

Lovren was really good at Southampton but hasn't ever looked good at Liverpool and is currently fifth choice centre back after a 21 year old defensive midfielder played out of position and 34 year old Kolo Toure.

Moreno has put in a few good performances but they've all been against poo poo sides where he gets to spend 90% of his time playing as a winger and doesn't ever have to defend. In big games he's hopeless because good teams actually attack and expose his complete lack of defensive positioning or tackling skill.

I don't remember many Liverpool posters saying Balotelli was a good signing, it was a "Really? Well, okay, I guess, maybe that'll work" kind of deal. I think.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

Everyone was cautiously excited about Ballotelli, then he did nothing and I think most have given up now.

Lovren cost loads and has never been good.

Moreno was a really good prospect who came after a dragged out transfer deal. He started off as a great attacking fullback at first, then started showing more and more defensive weakness that were really apparent, so no one is really that big of a fan anymore. He's still young though, there's still time for him and he's the only one that Rodgers seems to have any interest in playing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

I don't remember many Liverpool posters saying Balotelli was a good signing, it was a "Really? Well, okay, I guess, maybe that'll work" kind of deal. I think.

Posters here were literally saying that he couldn't be anything but a bargain at £15m (plus his huge wages)..

He's been a disastrous waste of money for a club that 's going to be without champions league football again.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

sassassin posted:

Posters here were literally saying that he couldn't be anything but a bargain at £15m (plus his huge wages)..

He's been a disastrous waste of money for a club that 's going to be without champions league football again.

I think it's natural to be excited about a new signing, especially ones that are capable of what Balotelli is, but he's been pretty much terrible for us and it's obvious he doesn't fit into how we play at all.

Rodgers had said when he was signed that it had nothing to do with him which is pretty disappointing. Whoever made that call needs to be let go.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Much like Taff I have my sources. While the above is true, it doesn't excuse the other lackluster signings. *phone call abruptly ends*

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
How is Can being played out of position? CB seems to be one of the positions he plays

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lovren is a great player ruined by injuries which started at Lyon

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Parity warning posted:

How is Can being played out of position? CB seems to be one of the positions he plays

It is now. When he was bought nobody talked about him being a centre back, it was all about him being a defensive midfielder who could fill in at fullback if necessary.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

It is now. When he was bought nobody talked about him being a centre back, it was all about him being a defensive midfielder who could fill in at fullback if necessary.

I think you will find he has a green dot at CB in FM

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Ewar Woowar posted:

I think it's natural to be excited about a new signing, especially ones that are capable of what Balotelli is, but he's been pretty much terrible for us and it's obvious he doesn't fit into how we play at all.

I don't know about that, he's got the "no scoring" part down ok.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Byolante posted:

I think you will find he has a green dot at CB in FM

Yeah but is it bright green or just dark green?

Edit: Or that baby formula yellowish-green?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Lovren escalates play far too often in that his impulse is to clear and commit to challenges instead of trusting his feet. It seems the pressure got to him and he cracked, unfortunately, but he might be able to pull it together in the future; he's not ancient yet.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

I was cautiously optimistic about Balotelli, because you tend to remember his decent performances for the national team or the outrageous goals off his shoulder rather than the long spells of nothingness when he's on someone else's team. It became apparent within a few weeks that he was not going to fit with the playing style.

I was excited for Lovren for a period lasting one game, a pre-season friendly against Borussia Dortmund, before it was clear how far they had fallen this year. He played a nice pass and they didnt score any goals. He's looked terrible all season under the slightest amount of pressure. As far as I can tell, his primary purpose is to make Sakho look like a good defender.

I actually still like Moreno and I hope he sticks around. He needs to learn to actually defend, but I like the other side of his game, and its the kind of football I like to see Liverpool play. He's like Johnson but with less bad shots and more actually giving a poo poo.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Myssu posted:

I was cautiously optimistic about Balotelli, because you tend to remember his decent performances for the national team or the outrageous goals off his shoulder rather than the long spells of nothingness when he's on someone else's team. It became apparent within a few weeks that he was not going to fit with the playing style.

I was excited for Lovren for a period lasting one game, a pre-season friendly against Borussia Dortmund, before it was clear how far they had fallen this year. He played a nice pass and they didnt score any goals. He's looked terrible all season under the slightest amount of pressure. As far as I can tell, his primary purpose is to make Sakho look like a good defender.

I actually still like Moreno and I hope he sticks around. He needs to learn to actually defend, but I like the other side of his game, and its the kind of football I like to see Liverpool play. He's like Johnson but with less bad shots and more actually giving a poo poo.

Sakho IS a good defender. In fact he's our only proper defender that's been consistently good this season.

I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with Lovren. He has the ability; he's quick, good in the air, aggressive, and comfortable on the ball...but he just can't seem to put it together regularly. Or at all. He's probably going to get an opportunity in the next few games and I think it's pretty much make or break for him.

I think Markovic is the player that frustrates me the most though. He's obviously immensely talented but he just seems like a passenger at the moment. He reminds me a lot of how Henderson was when he first joined- scared of the ball and a total lack of confidence. Also, like how Henderson was, Markovic hasn't had much of an opportunity in his preferred position. He's still really young though and I think will come good if we persevere.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I really wanted Wenger to sign Balotelli this summer and iirc I posted a lot about it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

8raz posted:

zamora and rooneys were really good but there's a reason why goals that far out are rare. i think i can remember like, two times offhand when players have attempted it and failed (there's almost certainly way more but they're usually just seen as wasteful and forgotten quickly).

adam did what pele couldn't so if you think about it, he's actually better.

Rooney used to try it like at least every other game.

Im a bit worried that Herrera is getting hyped a bit too much. He's improved every game, but he still makes some very stupid passes backwards rather than taking a risk and playing a forwarf ball. He played one pass on Saturday that was played from the wing back to the keeper, and another from the wing to Rojo that sailed over his head.

The Herrera-Valencia-Mata combo is a big part of why we're on form lately tho.

• Locked thread