Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

You'd think Chelsea would go for Honda if they were being pressured to have a marketable Japanese face wearing a Yokohama Tire sponsored shirt.

How has he been for Milan? I thought he had a lot of injury issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Akileese posted:

No you're right. He's better off going there and immediately being loaned out to the dutch league for a decade and never even touching the bench for Chelsea.
whoosh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

T Bowl posted:

Arsenal definitely need a CDM, its the glaring position that needs covered, coq or not. I really don't see Cech coming in though and who the hell else is available that is better than the current two keepers?

Every player is available to any club with the right money and Arsenal have loads

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bea Nanner posted:

How has he been for Milan? I thought he had a lot of injury issues.

He was great until he went to the Asian Cup and since then he's been hurt a lot. With a real manager instead of Inzaghi he'd be doing quite well, I think. He's a good, if frail, player.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif

Parody Threads posted:

Unless you're an Eden Hazard level 22 year old going to Chelsea is a terrible idea (and it is even if you're an Eden Hazard level 22 year old, because they are loving cunts)

If Chelsea bought him he'd probably end up out on a loan spell at the arse end of the table.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Xillah posted:

If Chelsea bought him he'd probably end up out on a loan spell at the arse end of the table.

Where he'd rot when Chels refuse to let him move on or just start

As opposed to going directly to a club at the arse end of the table, performing above his station, and getting sold to a decent team for a big fee

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
EDIT: regarding Honda

He's also got Beckham level advertising clout in Japan, which would be far more important to Yokohama Tire.

I just investigated and it turns out I've seen Muto in the flesh twice, and that I can't even remember him at all says a lot. Like every other native J-League striker, he's probably a try hard with a terminal fear of shooting.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

You can't really whoosh anyone on this sub anymore tbh. It's impossible to tell who's being serious, joking, or trolling nowadays. My point still stands.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Gigi Galli posted:

He was great until he went to the Asian Cup and since then he's been hurt a lot. With a real manager instead of Inzaghi he'd be doing quite well, I think. He's a good, if frail, player.

His knee is busted, right? I've always rated him, but I don't think he would be an overnight success in the Premier League.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

His knee is busted, right? I've always rated him, but I don't think he would be an overnight success in the Premier League.

Yeah this time it's his knee, it was something else before.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Akileese posted:

You can't really whoosh anyone on this sub anymore tbh. It's impossible to tell who's being serious, joking, or trolling nowadays. My point still stands.

yeah it's a problem

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I only use the shift key when I joke post.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Gigi Galli posted:

actually ive been playing with Milan a lot in FIFA and he's gash

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Using Fellaini as a target man is a masterstroke

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

actually ive been playing with Milan a lot in FIFA and he's gash

oh, well then

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Moyes did this at Everton and for some reason I'll never understand (Ryan Giggs? any one of the official club partners exerting pressure? who knows?) tried to make him into a deep DM at United.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Parody Threads posted:

Moyes did this at Everton and for some reason I'll never understand (Ryan Giggs? any one of the official club partners exerting pressure? who knows?) tried to make him into a deep DM at United.

Its because Moyes got slated everytime they played a long ball but now a fancy Dutchman is playing hoofball its tactical genius

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blue Star Error posted:

Its because Moyes got slated everytime they played a long ball but now a fancy Dutchman is playing hoofball its tactical genius

Justice for Moyes

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Blue Star Error posted:

yeah totally. but if you go "hey I can't play longballs because the official paperclip partner of Manchester United says its buyers identify only with balls on the ground" that doesn't mean stick Fellaini at DM. There were two weird parts. Not playing him behind the forward and then playing him at DM.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Blue Star Error posted:

Are we playing hoofball then?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

You're the new Stoke.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Akileese posted:

No you're right. He's better off going there and immediately being loaned out to the dutch league for a decade and never even touching the bench for Chelsea.

It's the Chelsea WayTM

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

The Big Taff Man posted:

preemptive

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yep only QPR play more long balls. Fact.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Blue Star Error posted:

Yep only QPR play more long balls. Fact.

Long balls and long passes are different things

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Yeah its a long ball when an British man tells them to do it, and a long pass when a foreign man does

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They were poo poo for long enough that winning "the united way" stopped mattering

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

Do you have a presentation we could look at on this subject?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Blue Star Error posted:

Yeah its a long ball when an British man tells them to do it, and a long pass when a foreign man does

Moyes didnt make us play long ball from what I recall, he was utterly clueless and as previously said tried to convert Fellaini into a position he hadnt excelled in before

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

The Big Taff Man posted:

yeah tbf you've done the latter without having any of the former

I'm definitely talking about Manchester United Football Club

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

I'm pretty sure Moyes got slated mainly when we lost a lot and finished 7th

if he'd not done that it would have abrogated a great deal of the criticism

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Jose posted:

They were poo poo for long enough that winning "the united way" stopped mattering

winning "the united way" didn't pop into the mind of Ferguson for his last few seasons either

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Moyes didnt make us play long ball from what I recall, he was utterly clueless and as previously said tried to convert Fellaini into a position he hadnt excelled in before

The best part is that Fellaini didn't like his advanced role at Everton, and said his natural role was defensive midfield

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8298821/evertons-marouane-fellaini-would-prefer-to-play-as-a-defensive-midfielder

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Yeah the last like 4-5 years at United have been dogshit football but when you win you dont care : see Mourinho, Jose

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I thought the United way was winning while being utterly dire and then occasionally giving teams a giant bumming?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

EDIT: regarding Honda

He's also got Beckham level advertising clout in Japan, which would be far more important to Yokohama Tire.

I just investigated and it turns out I've seen Muto in the flesh twice, and that I can't even remember him at all says a lot. Like every other native J-League striker, he's probably a try hard with a terminal fear of shooting.

Yeah, the only winner of him going to Chelsea would be me getting to see a tour of the country.

He'd be a fool to go.

Though I think Kagawa also felt pressured to sign with a big English club but he had two years of living abroad under his belt.

The conclusion of the J League experts I know is the same as TRPs except being based on knowledge and having watched the player.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I thought the United way was something to do with wingers tbh.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the "united way" is literally just "aren't wingers brilliant, they're always running and knocking down gary breen" in a paul whitehouse voice

e: beaten by hoops, a true shame

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
the united way is entirely indistinguishable from a cuckolding welshman getting called out on the floor of parliament because of an ill-advised feud with an e-list Big Brother participant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That's the worst post I've ever read.

• Locked thread