Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

judge reinhold posted:

Feel free, along with the rest of you "sea dogs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Two Worlds was funnier than it had any right to be. I'm glad that this game continues the legacy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Niggurath posted:

The real insult is if you look up the price of this game.
Somehow it's getting a PS4 release

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

coleman francis posted:

As a mentally unstable person I also would like to know what happened to anthony.

he met a lady cosplaying as jar jar binks and proposed on the spot.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
That is some amazingly authentic pirate dialogue.

And truly epic combat. Forget Bloodborne, this is my new jam.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Star Wars thing is just a cover-up. The real reason Anthony left is because he spent all his big Youtube bucks on his own Ghaleon to live his dreams as a pirate.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Judge, I have a question that is not anthony related.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I spent too much time on this.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Don't worry judge, I appreciate your junior high school american history jokes.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

LordHippoman posted:

If Golden Compass taught me anything, it's that boats and any gameplay involving boats is going to end in disaster.

Also that god is dead and a polar bear killed him or something.

Cube jar.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I saw Bro Team do a bunch of videos on this, so this is going to be great.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I saw Bro Team do a bunch of videos on this, so this is going to be great.

I've seen a bunch of youtubers start bringing this video up as well, is it a recent release? I've never heard of it.

Super hyped for a new cofeemen LP.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't think I've ever seen a game where the default FoV was so wide it gives you a fisheye lens effect.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

CheeseThief posted:

is it a recent release?

Upsettingly so.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

CheeseThief posted:

I've seen a bunch of youtubers start bringing this video up as well, is it a recent release? I've never heard of it.

Super hyped for a new cofeemen LP.

Yeah I think it came out in January. There was no marketing at all as far as I can tell; aside from a QL on giantbomb and a metacritic score there's pretty much nothing about this game on the internet.

Edit:

Gimbal lock posted:

Two Worlds was funnier than it had any right to be. I'm glad that this game continues the legacy.

I was confused by this at first. Then I looked it up and of course it's loving them. Of loving course. I'm pretty sure they even used the same engine from Two Worlds 2, janky animations, lovely motion blur and all.

How do they still keep getting work? Did Two Worlds actually turn a profit or what?

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 4, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

How do they still keep getting work? Did Two Worlds actually turn a profit or what?
Perhaps they are just selling on jank novelty factor.

Didn't Two Words 2 have a bug on release where you saw the big bad in the tutorial section of the game and instead of avoiding him could kill him right there, and that gave you the end credits?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SelenicMartian posted:

Didn't Two Words 2 have a bug on release where you saw the big bad in the tutorial section of the game and instead of avoiding him could kill him right there, and that gave you the end credits?
That doesn't sound like a bug, that sounds like a singular redeeming feature.

I don't think we're getting this lucky here.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Yeah it's Reality Pump's own engine. It seems most likely that Octane Games was developing it on RP's engine before TopWare took the game from them - engine switches are not something you'd want to do once you've already run out of money. But videos from 2012 aren't so clear. The in-engine shots from a 2012 trailer seem to be jury-rigged animations, while a demo at a convention is blurry as gently caress:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/ravens-cry-gameplay-trailer/2300-6374229/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKfFftL-hw

Either way, it's nice to have Reality Pump reach way too far after Two Worlds II was so disastrously competent. They were heading in that bland direction with Two Worlds' patches, which fixed many of the glaring issues that made that game so much fun. But the stupid broken RPG market has been pretty competitive lately, so it doesn't matter as much. Spiders refined Mars: War Logs into the great/terrible Bound By Flame, and the developers behind the classic stupid broken RPG series Gothic made Risen 3, which is also a pirate game and one where you can turn into a parrot. Both cost way more than they're worth, but neither is nearly as overpriced as Raven's Cry.

The Wizard of Oz fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 4, 2015

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

As a pirate buff and MDC fan, I was all kinds of excited for this LP. It's already exceeded my expectations with that hook kill bug.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

SelenicMartian posted:

Perhaps they are just selling on jank novelty factor.

Don't know about Two Worlds 2 but the first one had the final boss standing around in the first village to give you the main quest and until they patched it out you could kill him(probably by tricking him into attacking the villagers) and it would trigger the end of the game. There are speedruns clocking in at below 5min for that game, sadly not the case for Raven's Cry though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is by the same guys as Two Worlds? That game was very popular in Europe, and at least semi-competent, I guess (There was a hilarious LP of it by HBomb and Paper Lion, so at least that's redeeming it.) - this looks much, much worse, as far as gameplay goes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That stun-lock video was a thing of beauty.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Don't worry judge, I appreciate your junior high school american history jokes.

Thank you.

Roman Reigns posted:

I spent too much time on this.

Thank you. And, for the record, I liked your bean-related promos.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 4, 2015

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I was so happy to see this pop up in my YouTube subscriptions today. MDC (even without Anthony) is always a blast.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Did they make the 1st mate guy shout less often? I remember seeing videos where he constantly goes "Be brave, motherfuckers!"

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

FrickenMoron posted:

Did they make the 1st mate guy shout less often? I remember seeing videos where he constantly goes "Be brave, motherfuckers!"

This is the unpatched, 1.0 version. A pristine jewel frozen in time. All is as you see the day it was released, until we come to a game-breaking bug.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

judge reinhold posted:

This is the unpatched, 1.0 version. A pristine jewel frozen in time. All is as you see the day it was released, until we come to a game-breaking bug.

Oh boy oh boy :allears:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

judge reinhold posted:

So another, what, twenty minutes or so of video? :v:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

judge reinhold posted:

Does that mean they patched that idiot to shout MORE often? Jesus.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Niggurath posted:

gently caress this game is intense! Never have I seen so many cutscenes that just have a model walk to a point, stop for 10 seconds, and then suddenly start to do stuff. It's like somewhere off screen is a director yelling out 'Action!"

And that really dramatic, ominous music for a meeting where our hero and his contact/employer/whoever that was sit at a table and talk to each other briefly. Good times.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

FrickenMoron posted:

He was doing it they just rode the volume.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I dunno about this Major Tom guy. I think he's got the chops to go all the way, but he's still got some big, nerdy shoes to fill. What are his opinions on Jedi and/or the Lord of the Rings? Does he have a grandma? These are important things that fans of the Men Drinkin' Coffee canon deserve to know.

Also I'm going to be honest, when the special sneak preview for this showed up during the latest Coffee Tank I thought for a minute that it actually was some very bad Pirates of the Caribbean licensed game in the vein of Catwoman, so discovering that this is its own independent franchise was a pleasant surprise. Telekinetic pirates are a genre that's frankly gone untapped for too long, so kudos to, uh, whoever made this game for making this game.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

3rd person view on a captain for naval battle seemed interesting. Pirate Chris must have guts of steel to stand unflinchingly at the wheel while he slowly clips beneath the sea

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

PrinceRandom posted:

3rd person view on a captain for naval battle seemed interesting. Pirate Chris must have guts of steel to stand unflinchingly at the wheel while he slowly clips beneath the sea

The captain always goes down with his ship. I'm sure with Diaper at the helm we'll get to see that fine tradition carried out many a time before this LP is over.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I´m not really sure those enemies want to fight you at all.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

kjetting posted:

I´m not really sure those enemies want to fight you at all.

Would you want to fight a man who can kill you by looking at you?

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
I'm sure if you make games in Poland with minimal cost and sell them for the price of a real game you can make profit. Also what controller the prompts in the lower right corner is made for? Is there going to be a Reality Pump's own console that has yet another variant of the ABXY buttons?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Toma posted:

I'm sure if you make games in Poland with minimal cost and sell them for the price of a real game you can make profit. Also what controller the prompts in the lower right corner is made for? Is there going to be a Reality Pump's own console that has yet another variant of the ABXY buttons?

I think Chris brings this up at some point, but I only really noticed it during editing and it made me laugh. For those not "seeing it", the game does not match up to the Xbox controller layout (this game came out on the 360 and also supports it on Steam):

sout
Apr 24, 2014

judge reinhold posted:

I think Chris brings this up at some point, but I only really noticed it during editing and it made me laugh. For those not "seeing it", the game does not match up to the Xbox controller layout (this game came out on the 360 and also supports it on Steam):

Haha, do the buttons correspond to the right thing or is it to do with the position of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

sout posted:

Haha, do the buttons correspond to the right thing or is it to do with the position of them?

You have to watch the LP to find out!

• Locked thread