Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scab Swap Fetish
Oct 16, 2008
5 minutes of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Sweet 5min PP, Habs.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
It's almost as if the Habs are not a very good team.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Wow, that was just poo poo...

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Matteau's skating has gotten a lot better. Good to see.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
And yet coming into tonight, there were still somehow 7 teams with a powerplay worse than Montreal's.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Remember when Montreal was a poo poo team buoyed by a 28-30% power play? Now they're a poo poo team buoyed by .935 goaltending. Exciting times.

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
"iits about team defence, why isnt there a forward that isnt blowing the zone for a tip in" hrmmm almost there, its almost if its the system implemented by the coach....

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks let the Sabres put 16 shots on net that period. That's....that's not good, Hawks...

e: Oh and TVR is out for 8 weeks for wrist surgery. Rozsival laughing, spreads his wings

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Bad Blues are back it seems.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

This is looking a lot more like the other Stars/Blues games that weren't the last one.

DROP A NUKE ON IT

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Blues get some good chances and it's Steve Ott fumbling a puck into Lehtonen's pads and Berglund shooting right into him.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Roussel sneezed! Call the make-up!

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
I like to give trades a chance. I think I am ready to say that Sekac-DSP was a bad move for the Habs.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Buffalo outplaying the Hawks by a fair margin in the third, too, and the Sabres draw yet another power play. Way to show up tonight guys!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ummagumma posted:

Buffalo outplaying the Hawks by a fair margin in the third, too, and the Sabres draw yet another power play. Way to show up tonight guys!

Hey man they locked up a playoff spot, its not like momentum is a real thing that you want to carry into the playoffs.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
And Buffalo ties it. Great.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yes, the mighty powerhouse that is Buffalo. Good job guys. :bravo:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

HI HOW DO I PLAY HOCKEY, ME AM ST LOUIS BLUES

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mike_V posted:

HI HOW DO I PLAY HOCKEY, ME AM ST LOUIS BLUES

:siren: Backes or Berglund tip-in off a Michalek shot.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Dallas has had 69 disallowed goals this season and are .350 in games where that happens. What the gently caress.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars have had a lot of these periods lately where they dominate play and end up behind on the scoreboard.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Chris Porter with a bad drop pass in the worst place to do it leads to a penalty shot.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

DOOMocrat posted:

Dallas has had 69 disallowed goals this season and are .350 in games where that happens. What the gently caress.

That can't be right... if it is what's the average for a NHL team is what I want to know. 1 per game seems ridiculous to me

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
Emelin has left the bench as he hurt himself trying to hit someone. Again.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It seems the trick to beating Elliott tonight is to smack him on the back of the head with a stick in front of both refs.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

great, now the production team finally has a highlite they can use for Travis Moen

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lmao how do you give that a penalty shot when like 70% of breakaways just get a 2 minute minor?

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Versteeg slashing someone and getting slashed in return is the first time I've noticed him in weeks

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Mike_V posted:

lmao how do you give that a penalty shot when like 70% of breakaways just get a 2 minute minor?

Because players usually try a weak backhand while they're falling and inconsistent officiating calls those scoring attempts. Moen didn't and got the shot.

Also: Now I've seen everything.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Goatman Sacks posted:

It seems the trick to beating Elliott tonight is to smack him on the back of the head with a stick in front of both refs.

good lord. just saw what garbutt did on that play. that was brutal.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/584163646063955968

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I swear, if the Sabres win tonight... :argh:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Garbutt runs goalies and plays dirty and probably, hopefully, will not be back. loving tired of it.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Sabres score again as Darling gives up a bad goal

e: Nevermind that was just an accident off Seabrook's stick, but still come on guys

The Hawks are going to lose in regulation to the Sabres

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
*rattles sabre*

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Chicago Blackhawks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
That more than makes up for the iffy call on Galchenyuk earlier.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I swear, if the Sabres win tonight... :argh:

it's cool with me :toot:

go stars too

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
sabres winning puts them into a tie with the yotes :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface